Fire immolation tree is where it's at!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bonemonkey627, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Clumsy New Player

I was hopeing no one would see that
  2. Clumsy New Player

@Devs/Mods come face me lets run dawn show me how strong u really are i want to see u get one shot dont worry ill pick u up so i wont beat u to bad . Okay back on topic look at the fire canceling if there was a way to make each power not cancel someone elses power, fix meteor make it do some real damage and make fireburst worth getting again it has a cast time make it worth the risk. Thanks
  3. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Wait you use immolation? I get a buff and a PI off that! ... When using flash point! Enflame and over heat!!

Hey scooba that Kat can say whatever he wants! Mental buffs up a dps damage ! Well I guess you buff mine ! Man oh man! I found the holy mother load! ;)
  4. Bonemonkey627 New Player

When soul burn brung up detonate , maybe advancing it to three ads and not one might be better ... I took fire as a power set that was based on burst damage before game update 23 ...

Now it seems they want us to stack dots ... But are animations of doing the powers & along with the cool Down conflicts a true good rotation. ... Sometimes you have to pause just to get a PI stack or something of the sort ...

I'm not saying making make every cool down super fast . I'm saying. Animations + are kool down truly play a factor .

The reason long range is dead is simple . Meteor was the key to making sure are PI stayed active as inferno went away and we were in the middle of a mass det cast ! Things seemed to flow some what smoother ...

Now here's the problem with long range fire after game update 23 ...

I will focuse on some long powers if not all of them

Fire one is inferno ... Every fire dps has its ! Loves it ... Cool down is long , but the burning last .. Overheat can be used for long rang and the cool down is almost the same as inferno .

Now you have mass det ! Maybe the longest cast time fire has , instance cool down about a sec then boom right back it's up ... Fireburst has about a 4 sec cast time . Fast cook down !

Snuff out ! Long animation of just standing there watching fire shoot out ..

Absorbed heat about looks the same as snuff out ... Ticks are fast but your still stuck in a long animation that last a good 4 secs ..

Spontaneous seems to be on point so I will leave it alone

The list goes on and on ..

I will give an idea what I am talkigs about of you are long range and don't slip ..

Say you cast inferno , then pop overheat well you have to wait on them both for a few , but then you jump right into a long cast time with mass det & get nocked back!

Well at this point while being nocked back you can't use any power & mass dets in red , so you skip it and to absorbs heat .. It only hits one and you're stuck in a 4 or 5 sec animation . But by the time you do this or have a chance to get it everything you wants off ad's are dead . You only got of two powers off and you are lucky if you got off absorbed heat...

Now I'm not say I use this loadout , it's just the day in the life or fire ...

I have 2176 might & I'm ticks seem to be not what I thi k tey should be!

I'm not screaming make me OP naw ...

I'm saying give us back are meteor .. Explodes on impact cause heavy damage. With a inferno PI ! Yea my old meteor ! Not this play like a major league base ball player & throw it !

Just make things stack with burning that are not long animations & are not immolationg . Burning is burning !

I have seen the OMG what you do to fire ! Over and over ! The views on this post are crazy ! At some point they have to see this !

Keep it real and constructive ! This was never about clumsy and letting him shine. Scooba said it best ... :)

I don't think we need to request a million things to change .. But really how many powers does fire need to boost its damage ?

Fiery weapon , burnout , & backdraft !! Why ?

Move burnout and meteor and give me my PI back.. This will also fix the problem of waisting power points !!!
  5. Asura Maximum New Player

Wait you have that much might and you are Melee DPS'n? Thats not right at all.

couple days ago i ran prime with a Gadget Player and he was using WD and i got out DPS by 280k with my DOT/Multi Target Loadout. We reset prime again with the same group except the healers and i was only OUT DPS by 8500 while Using Staff And the Third DPS said he would run pods. So all we did was fight fight fight.

Flashpoint,Firery weapon,Fireball,MassDet,Infenro and Fireburst. Every moment i got.. I Fireball Clip While Doing the (Lunge tap tap Hold Clip With INferno Into a Fireburst.. And thats all i did. While i rotated My FOS and my Pumkin And My Sidekick. No Orbital Strike Or Supply drops. I sometimes FW+Fireball Clip Without Doin the staff combo With Fire I also noticed With You Do Atleast 3 Small Fire moves before you massDet.. Thats why i chose Fireweapon Fireball And Inferno + Fireburst then you will activate your ESC MIGHT and have 250+ Might added. Which does Very NIce. Thats why in raids now.... I Use Immo+Fw Clip Then Fireball Or Overheat Then into INferno and Use MassDet Or Fireburst And All I See Is 3k+ MassDet Or 1000+ Tick on FB.. Just try it and see if it helps you.

BTW 250+ Might is almost Full T5 MIght. So if you pushing 2175 And Get that extra. while rotating your FOS and Pumpkin or Sea Creature you will always be around 2500-2700 Might which is like T7 LOL"
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

The actually have God Mode coding. and Moves that can one shot anything in the game...
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

How is FIRE the power that lacks burst damage in DCUO?
    How does Gadgets have a napalm Greneade and FIRE does not?
    #DeepThinking
  8. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Yo really **** at this point ! I'm not changing my mods period ! Cause really dump was only 50k a head of me and he was mod'ed right for melee .. Dude you speak of which u do not know ! You are way behind in every conversation ! You need to start at one and work your way up
  9. Clumsy New Player

Yo @ maximum u only have 93 SP!!! You havent played long enough to comment on here just saying!!
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

SP doesn't mean length of play
  11. Asura Maximum New Player

LOL' Since i have 93 Sp all of a sudden Im not in the same standards as everyone? I have enough to Max out my DPS innates,My Movement Breakouts, And still have some left over to put in places i really dont care about. Is it mandatory to have 140sp? Not really in my book. If i want the extra 47sp. I might Switch my powers to get Gear i cant/dont have Or do the Movement races Or better yet Grind 500 Duos and Alerts. Or i might go to CC and go Kill 10,000 Speed demons.

Secondly, I been here over a year and the game is only roughly 2 years old. Dont tell me what i can or can not do you dont pay for my monthly Sub. I gave a opinion on the stituation on what Bone monkey did. He said he was melee'n with 2175 Might. That means your Precision is not up to par for a "Fire Melee" loadout Unless you want to make up for it with the Fire powers he was using -.- which i highly doubt he did since the whole thread was about the Immolation tree being mainly Instant cast times, Spon Combustion,Inferno,Flashpoint,Detnate,Immo,Etc etc
  12. Asura Maximum New Player

I read eveything that was being said. I stopped Replying to you because of your attitude. You say Lets keep this constructive but you basically shut me down. You was Melee'n With your might 2175 -.- and basically saying Fire is not where its at. I agree that Fire Took a few to many punches to the face, but thats not going to stop me from disliking the power i began with. Just like other was saying. Your Thread was about Fire not being able to keep up with other powersets. You went the direction of playing the victim and ranting on about why fire isnt good,and basically Putting it down. It was anger that fueled your reasoning nothin more nothing less.

If you want to try and beat other DPS Powerset.. How about Using the Orbital strike for a extra 4500k Every 3mins.. Or the Henchman that does alot of Damage while they are out to softin the scoreboard out some. Or rotate your trinkets like some DPS do. OR DRINK A LOCKBOX OR A REGLAR BUFF COLA!!! -.- Its so many Factors involved that goes into DPS'n its Ridiculous. Everyone that commented on this Post are Great DPS overall But the Powersets are Situational in certain Raids. Do you remeber back then right around the Summer Seasonal Everyone was saying. OMG FIRE IS OP!!!! :l becuz i sure do.. v.v Sad but true
  13. Zim New Player

What the heII happend to this thread? I was away from a computer all day yesterday, and now this. lol.

@Clumsy. I wasnt saying to run the whole raid with TK. But if you are a mental DPS, and are down by 50K going into that last boss fight then a good way to pull ahead is by using TK for that last boss. Its a great alternative to someone who isnt SS. And you are right, I do not run mental DPS at all and never really have. But I run with a few good mental players in league who have always done well in gates.

@MrWorm. You are right, I never watched the video and probably should have before I commented.

@ Bonemonkey. Another thought to improve fire is to maybe change fireball so its similar to gauss grenade.

And I agree with dump truck 100%. Lets either bury this thread and start another one to improve fire, or get more constructive here.
  14. Crimson_Flare New Player

I have read a lot of posts in hear. There is both good and bad information in hear. I would like to see more positive feedback from fire users. Quit complaining and learn your power. I would like to address some things I've read in hear.

Inferno having a long cool down - You do know that the burning (DOT) lasts exactly the same time as the cool down? The cool down serves as an indication you still having burning over time out and can work off of it. Do not complain to people or devs to change it. It is great as is. It provides enough time to get a good rotation out.

Getting interrupted in a cast time - You need to know the content, know when to use casts. Set out your dot's if the opportunity is there, throw out a cast if not, use weapon combos and clips, set up your next opportunity for a cast. It's your fault if you cast at a bad time, it is not meant for spamming. Use it to crit big and build your damage modifier up to 60 percent, then combo you weapons with clips for excess damage.

Everything's dead before I get my powers out - As of now, most people are over geared in the content. So yeah burn will move quickly, you need to judge what enemies your facing. See how your group is burning through it, then you will know when to use quick weapon flurries with burst damage, or whether you can use long rotations with trinkets etc..

Skill Points - 96 skill points do not max you out. I hate when people say im maxed out. Yes you have the roles basics. However, the more points you have the better you are for the team, especially fire. Fire heals themselves, when played right you can be the most sustained dps in the group, as well as making it easier on the healer which makes it easier on the troll. If you have Crit heal, magnitude, and resto your incoming heals from the healer become insanely large. Even getting Crit power (Cunning) makes your incoming power from the troll that much more effective. Each skill point beyond your basics benefits the entire group. There is a reason my league will five man prime, Fos 2, and six man dawn. Because our skill points and knowledge of the content allow us too.

I have been fire since 2011. I am more happy with fire than ever. I cause chaos and burn everything in my path while using my weapon combos and clipping. I do not use any home turf with the exception of the tac 4 mods.

Enjoy the game, learn your niche.
    • Like x 1
  15. Massah Committed Player

Can you confirm that crit healing magnitude, crit heal chance, and resto affect - healing in and not just healing out.

Because I know through testing that the cunning crit power does not affect power in and only affects power out.

Tested with having a Hard light controller not spec for any crit power in the weapon innates or in socket affinities and then cast Power and break Healing barrels it crit just as often for another player with no crit chance as it did for another troll fully spec'd for crit chance/magnitude, In the reverse when a troll with all crits broke the barrel and dished out power via P.O.T and Instant power transfer it was just as likely to crit on another troll with all crit innnates compared to a player with no crit power innates.

So for power it only affects your power out and not your power in.
    I have not yet seen where it has been tested for healing in.

I only know Fire users normally see larger crits but I contributed that to them having a larger health pool.
    (Speaking of Health pools - I recall the Devs saying the cap for all stats was 10K but a fire tank can very easily surpass that amount especially in PvP gear - has anyone gone into a duo and dueled to see if on the scoredboard when the fire tank with buff'd health died the opponent only did 10K damage - I think that would clarify if the 10K health cap is actually in place or if just the other stats are capped)

I have tried testing the healing via the barrels and it is harder to measure as there is substantially more crit healing then crit power & it is harder to have everyone low on health - when it is much easier for people to spam power and you try to refill it.

If they do not effect healing in - then it would be nice to see them change the innates to be stackable by 4 instead of the current 3 or just create a new innates tab that is only available with T5 content that has the innates for us to spec into. So you would have Weapons, Movement, Bonus Innates to spend skill points. (If they do extend the amount of innates you can spec into for a single role - I am pretty sure more people will be spec'd for specialization in one role and not a dual-spec hybrid as now it would be too much of a compromise like back when T2-T3 content was final tier before R&D skewed(buffed) things.)

I have posted on the forum of USPS3 4-man Dawn (no Tank till Mal Ice respec'd to Tank for Tala fight) and 4-man (no Tank Prime runs) admittedly they were before the change was made to make the Orbital Strike nothing more than a hit or miss damage trinket....at least before you could still get the ability to remove control resistance if the damage missed - now you just watch it miss and say maybe next time.
  16. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Now you all know how sorcery players feel about the summoning tree. lol The ignition tree is great for tanking, and ok for dpsing. I mostly use the immolation tree for tanking thou.
  17. Zpirit Dedicated Player

18. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Clipping ? Well word on the street melee is being looked at ! I know inferno damage last about as long with the cool down ! Did is at fix or nerf or buff it ? No !!!

I was addressing fine direct issues with fire ...

I was also going or explain what a long range fire dps loadout and it's rotation might be ...
    Jigging when it's safe and when it's not safe to do a cast time !!!

It's always been a 50/50 shot getting it of .. When you think your safe to do a cast time & your not !!

So your points are invalided
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I came up with a few ideas to try and increase dps with fire
    need to play around with a few things in the war room and then try them in a raid
    good news for you bone they are all might based ideas so your mods are safe :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Mikha'el New Player

Let's all hope for the best for our beloved Fire on the upcoming GU25 that Devs take into account and consider all that is discussed and proven in this and other thread :)