Elite Alerts: What You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Just What Is An Elite Alert?

Episode 16 includes DCUO's first Elite Alert with the "Desecrated Cathedral." You've seen Alerts in the game and you've seen Elite content in the game in the form of Elite Raids, but just how does that Elite system transfer to Alerts? We're glad you asked. Keep reading for the details.

First, the general concept remains the same from Elite Raids to Elite Alerts - the Elite is a more challenging version of a regular piece of content, made more challenging by increasing the enemy levels, adding and adjusting combat mechanics, and creating certain limitations, like single rallies. As an optional progression path, players who crave extra challenge can find it in the Elites, along with appropriately awesome rewards.

That said, Raids are not Alerts, and so there are some key differences between Elite Raids and Elite Alerts.

1) Group Size and Makeup

Alerts are designed for 4-players (compared to 8-players for Raids) and Elite Alerts maintain this difference. Just because the content is harder doesn't mean you can take more allies in with you! However, Elite Alerts will not grant group buffs to groups missing players of certain roles, as the regular Alert would. Also, when queueing, a balanced group containing one player of each role is required.

Players can still form their own groups of whatever group makeup before queuing, but those groups will not benefit from any sort of roleless buff. In this way, Elite Alerts essentially function like Raids.

2) Lockouts and Progress Points

Several changes have been made to the nuts and bolts of when and how you can play Elite Alerts that set them apart from both Alerts and Elite Raids. Our intent with these changes is to merge the best elements of regular Alerts and Elite Raids into a new experience that is fun and fair for players.
    1. Similar to Elite Raids, Elite Alerts maintain the two-week progress point duration. Completing the regular Alert unlocks the Elite Alert progress point, at which point the Elite Alert is playable until progress points reset every other Thursday.
    2. Similar to Elite Raids, the Elite Alert's lockout resets weekly (not daily like the regular Alert), maintaining the rarity and Raid-like progression of the Elite Alert.
    3. However, unlike Elite Raids, the Elite Alert does not share a lockout with the regular Alert. This means you can immediately play the Elite Alert after completing the regular version, without spending Replay Badges or waiting for a reset. This change was made specifically to compensate for the lockout time extending from daily to weekly.
    4. Also unlike Elite Raids, the Elite Alert costs only 29 Replay Badges to reset, the standard amount required to reset regular Alerts.
    These changes, taken together with the same core concept of more challenging content for even better rewards, create a new end-game experience for all players. Whether you see Elite Alerts simply as really challenging Alerts, as mini-Raids for the smaller group, or as something in between, we know you're going to enjoy playing DCUO in this new way once Episode 16 hits live servers.

Until then, please let us know if you have any questions!
    • Like x 26
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Sounds good.
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Needing one player of each role! Now that I like it! Finally, no dps universe online for this content.
    • Like x 10
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just for clarity, this applies when queuing, just like it does for Raids now.
    • Like x 3
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

So the elite alert queue will search for each role to complete the group. Sounds great. It will be balanced, I like it. And great too about doing the normal and immediately can jump on elite. I'm looking forward to play it.

It can also bring the support roles back to life! A great content! :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

How does the "Rare Loot Counter" work with these Elite Alerts and their Rare Drops?
    Does it reset after you get a rare piece from Raids? Or Alerts? Or maybe both?
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sigh, now if only we could somehow prevent those people who que up for both roles and then only play dps. Or can you only que up as one role for this elite alert?
    • Like x 5
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Agreed, people could just ignore it and play dps instead. But since we have no role-related buff like in normal alert, I guess all roles will be needed, or it will be impossible to complete.
    • Like x 3
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not impossible. I have seen people on test drop a troller or a tank for extra damage.
  11. iSolar Well-Known Player

Just to be even more clear than Mepps was. This option was already available in the "Settings" menu under "Gameplay". It's called "Enable Role Optional Alerts."
    If you have this turned off, you'll always get one of each role no matter what alert you queue into. Even if it's only you queuing up by yourself. This however, doesn't mean they will always play their role. Sadly, all people care about in DC is damage. I personally add these people to my ignore list. Damage means nothing if you can't complete the content.
    • Like x 4
  12. Dogico Loyal Player

I wouldn't recommend queing for Elite anything.
    • Like x 5
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Probably the prudent approach, that said fortune (and headaches) favour the bold.
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

Hell, I'm still hesitant to que for Throne or HoH.
    • Like x 3
  15. Maximum nature New Player

Very great. Nice Alert!

- But I'm worried that.
    I have four T7 characters.
    I not see drop "Recovery Kit Exp!" and also I do not see the test server new synthetic molds "Sinthetic VI mod exp, or Sinthetic 7, to buy with PVE mark!

My problem is not exobits. My problem is ("Have four toon and need 16x4 stack "Rec Kit Exp") per DLC.
    One player need 16 "Recovery kit" minimum 8 to Dps and 8 to support!

- I recommend an improvement in drop.
    Or enable synthetic Exp 6 for pve brands. If it is not time of 7 synthetic! To pve/pvp pvX!

Good Lucky nice project!
    • Like x 3
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so after beating the elite alert, if I choose to replay it could I? and still be able to do so without needing to run the regular alert to unlock the elite version of it?
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I didn't know it was available, thanks. And yes, I hope this elite alert can bring support roles back to life. Dcuo is more than just damage but a teamwork. And I love to fire tank.
  18. MikeYancy25 Level 30

Im really anticipating this new Elite Alert.This will test my skill and my league's skill as a unit.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes - the progress point resets every other Thursday, and only after that reset do you need to run the regular Alert again.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Great question. We'll confirm the answer and add that to the post above.
    • Like x 3