Dwf and loot drop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zpred, May 26, 2016.

1. Zpred Dedicated Player

Hey guys, 1st off let me say I'm not usually one to complain much about the drop rate of rare/purple gear, however either I have bad luck or the drop rate is terrible for purple gear?

When the dlc dropped I headed in there with the league as you do, plugging away, figuring the raid out etc, 1st boss done no gear, 2nd boss done no gear, we got to darkseid got him to 25% but then we got reckless and tired and started dying etc. So we gave up an said wel do it another time when we are fresh an awake.

Long story short, completed twice after that and yet still no loot, so 8 bosses and no purple drops, I restricted myself from doing any other content for the bad luck counter thing but when does this kick in?

This raid is a good challenge compared to what we have had previous, this raid isn't exactly pug friendly although doable with the right pugs and even easier with the league/right group. But if you combine all that time an effort put in to receive nothing all the way through its not very satisfying.

I wouldn't want the raid to be nerfed because I enjoy the challenge and multi setups but i would like to feel rewarded/satisfied when doing this raid, would be nice if they increased the drop rate for this raid or gave us another guaranteed loot weekend :(
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

I dont know, but everytime i have run it, almost everyone in the group got atleast one purple piece. And both times i beat it and got loot (last week and this week) i got 2 pieces (chest and back), could have been 3 but the back and waist dropped toghether and i chose the back.
    Of course this means nothing, because everyone has his own stories and experiences with the RNG loot system lol.
  3. Here2Help Devoted Player

Healer that we usually run with has awful luck. Probably done around 10-15 full runs with her and she only got 3 purple drops. On the other hand, I'm sitting here with full 150 for both roles in around 20-25 full runs done.
  4. evil keebler elf Well-Known Player

There is no bad luck counter to increase your loot chance...idc what they say. I stopped believing in it a long long time ago. Its just a placebo that so many ppl want to believe in
    • Like x 7
  5. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I have been running raids for quite a long time and I agree the drop rates are abyssmal for this particular raid.
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive had awful luck. And today i run PB and get purple for every drop. Why does this always happen? Its like once the gear is meaningless it drops like crazy. Ive seen this pattern going back 2 yrs now. Ive also had league mates run DWF and get purple on every drop and OP chest at the end to boot. Some people have all the luck. But my drops have been awful. I still dont have a wpn from BBS on 1 toon which i ran today. On that toon i ran DWF last week got nothing, ran BBS today and nothing then DWF right after and nothing. Complete garbage. I did not run anything with the counter between last weeks DWF and the BBS run today. I love how we get told its 6-8 weeks to acquire the full set of gear. Its simply not true imo.
    • Like x 3
  7. Zpred Dedicated Player

I ain't running it that many times eff that lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Watch this thread get thrown into the big one
    • Like x 2
  9. Ichiro Loyal Player

Its not just the new raid. every time new content drops the drops get progressively worst. When BBS Hit i went 18 - 19 bosses without a purple drop. That was running only raids and limiting the content to only relevant content. I finally gave up and started running content for marks since raid gear won't drop for me. I haven't even tried to see if i get a drop in the new raid. no need to run the new raid with the drop rate as low as it is.
    • Like x 1
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

This is why I hate Raids (and thus everything now) in this game.

I'm not interested in going through the huge PitA, totally unfun, button mash tests for nothing. Especially when you have to spend real money.

If nothing else, using Replays should guarantee at least 3 DIFFERENT purple drops in any run. That's regardless of the "Luck Counter".

You wanna make a game that's Raid only content? Make it worth playing.
    • Like x 6
  11. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

Well i dont want it to be an automatic different purple drop just because you use RBs. I do understand the pain of running a raid or using replays and getting all green drops though lol. But if they did what you just said it would essentially become pay to win and we all know what that would do to our already unruly community lol.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

in our league, we came to conclusion that if u use replay badges, u normaly got only green stuff, if running it after reset on wedness/thursday, then u mostly get more luck... don't know, but... yeah.
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

Its been "Pay to Win" for a loooong time (in a certain sense).

For real though? There is no such thing as Pay to Win outside of PvP. Since PvP barely exists in this game, its not worth mentioning.
    • Like x 1
  14. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

Yea with RBs essentially in a way it is pay to win. But with definite drops it will be actually pay to win with a much higher chance of successfully paying to win lol. Yea you are right since in PVE we arent actually competing against each other (well some of them do lol) you dont really gain an advantage over the next guy but more so just being able to gear up faster. Which now that i think about it would really piss off the community lol since it gives the payee an advantage over them in terms of acquiring end game gear.

I hate but also love the drop system. I hate when i don't get anything i need or constantly get extras of pieces i already have. But i love that it at least gives me a reason to run the content again. Because honestly once i max out on CR with both roles I really have no reason to play other than feats and marks. Maybe this is why people have multiple toons lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You can go up to 19 bosses without drops. I'm currently at boss 18 on BigHal. It happens every now and than for me.

I think we all have a 5% to get a rare drop and it goes up by 5% for each boss we do not get a rare loot. I have never made it past boss 20 since episode 18.

Some times I can get runs where I get 4 or 5 purple in a row. Other days it takes me 10-15 bosses to get an purple drop.
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

With the current state of things, especially the "monthly content", I think garunteed drops are just what we need. Its not much more "P2W" than now anyway.

A lot of people are sick of Raid content. Its all there is to play. Even just one run of all worthless drops is unacceptable if its the ONLY content they are going to produce.

I've stopped playing. My whole League stopped playing. And many, many others have as well.

The should do something. RNG is hated by all in every game. Here it is wayyy over used and they are losing customers faster than I've ever seen since 2012.
    • Like x 1
  17. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

Well here is the double edged sword for this:

1. If they did give guaranteed drops for raids then the content would have very little replay value and get old for players faster than it does already. Now is RNG the best way to keep content fresh? No, but it works when you have limited content like the 1 raid a month we currently have. It may not be the most popular but it gets the job done especially to gain revenue through the purchase and use of RBs. If you were guaranteed drops RB sales would plummet because you wouldn't use as many. RB sales really drive the game imo. Not saying thats a good thing either but maybe its a necessary evil.

2. Raids really have always been the main content for me at least. Yea 4 players are fun but really the most enjoyment comes from raids to me. Duos and Solos are really just mark runs and i for one hate running the solos cause its boring and only 1 mark lol. But back to said edge lol....If they gave us more content then what they do now i think that would hurt the game even more imo. The reason why is because they struggle to fix problems in the game and provide new content and updates already. So i dont want to imagine them having to push out even more content and having to deal with the bugs and stuff from those as well. PvP is pretty much forgotten because really it doesn't bring in money they way PvE does which i believe is the real reason it doesnt get addressed.
    • Like x 1
  18. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

Lol man i complained since well ever about never once getting an omni anything drop in all my years of playing the game. Then this month on one night i ended up getting the utility belt from BN and the necklace from BBS. I was like "there is an RNG God after all" lol.
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Happened to me too. I got the head week 1 with PBR and than that Saturday I got the Utility Belt in BN. I will be using the belt for a very long time, largely in part due to trinkets sharing the same spot as utility belt impacting your CR.

I also got the hand recently and they are in my bank for when we move back to stats and CR making the impact to damage, etc...
    • Like x 1
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

Meh. Raids are the absolute worst content for me. I have always hated them. Can't say I enjoy even one single aspect of them.