Creative Director Jens Andersen Reveals DCUO's Next DLC Pack, Amazon Fury Part I!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Blight KOBRA Commander

While I'm not ecstatic about more Iconic solos, everything else sounds great. It's nice to see a new Tier added with smaller content for easier and less grueling leveling, like what happened with "Origins". The weapon mastery will add a nice new addition to our heroes and villains combat abilities, and I think everyone is going to be over the moon with universal unattuned gear/weapon drops. Plus everyone's favorite Susan Eisenberg returning to voice Wonder Woman again.

For anyone that's interested ComicBookResources.com has an interview with her concerning the new DLC on their website here.

Looking forward to this one.
  2. Circe New Player

New mythological creatures don't stand out?

I really love that they're including mythological creatures like Harpies, and Satyrs. This is gonna be fun!
    • Like x 4
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 11
  4. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

No raids... well i guess this will still force me to do four man alerts and ops ...
  5. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Personal request,.....re-roll Trigon's prison as a T6 via update wit new and improved Trigon.....LOL
  6. yagamison New Player

This is just the reveal guys. If they tell us everything that's gonna be in it today, then what are they gonna surprise us with for the next month. We will prob get legends but they will announce at a later date.
    • Like x 2
  7. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Stop it Skorp......u already knew that.....
    • Like x 6
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

Question. As with everything pve mark right now, it can be broken down to Triumph. Will these marks be the same, and/or will we be able to break Fury down to Reality?

On a side note, I read this and I said WOW. Two huge thumbs up on all here. I am extremely happy to see the direction you guys are taking and the fact that you are listening to us. I'm assuming the styles are geared more towards women, seeing as its WW theme DLC. The unattuned drops...friggin awesome! I am sooo looking forward to this year. You guys have set a new bar with DLC9 and Armories, and I get the strange feeling we won't be disappointed. Thank you very much, and here's to the best year DCUO has ever had.:D
    • Like x 7
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

How long is the alert?
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very, very exciting. I was not a fan of the Amazonian lore, but this video game, combined with the Justice League animated series has helped sparked my interest. This DLC sounds amazing and the new locations look fresh and different. 5 instances is a fantastic start and knowing that from DLC11 all DLC's will contain at least 1 8-man raid just makes me even more excited about the future of this game.

Very nice to see the news about unattuned drops, too. I have a question though... what will the drop rates be like?

I feel that A&B's drop rates are too rewarding but I feel like the original drop rates in Nexus and Paradox were too unrewarding. Will the drop rates of this unattuned gear be somewhere in between? I'd still like to be challenged and have something to work towards, but I'd already completed the Rage style by 5 runs of A&B. Had the gear been unattuned, I'd have easily achieved all pieces in about 3 runs.

Also a personal thank you from me for keeping gear in the vendors and weapons, too.
    • Like x 6
  11. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

NVM i only want raids i'll do alerts but it's not a raid, keep in mind i haven't done a single mist bounty and personally i see no reason to i do not do things for SP i rarely farm for them .... 141 is more than what i need to be truely effective i only like running things that i like running .... 8 man raids fuel leagues allowing us to gel with more ppl at a time i guess ops and alerts have their perks but i with this stop in the road i expect the next set of raids to be mind blowing.. thats all
  12. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Second personal request,..........Day time Gotham City.......HEHEHEHE...
    • Like x 7
  13. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

i have to admit i'm about twice as excited for this DLC than i was before reading this post.
    looks like a very cool concept for tying the amazonian into the core story.
    &
    --everything sounds about perfect in regards to fixing some of the mistakes made with t5--gear setup especially.

TBH, the only thing that has me sorta wary is weapon mastery coming in already with the next dlc, but i'm willing to keep an open mind about that for now. i just hope there is enough time for them to really test and polish everything before it is unleashed on the public.
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Not really...Thats like asking if Lanterns, Ninjas or Brainiac Robots (in narrow rocky corridors) stand out
  15. Azrael New Player

is it me or does it seem like Weapon mastery is not really needed at all? I mean in DLc 10- 2 of instances we don't even use our toons. 2 duos and well duos have never been much a challenge. And 1 alert that will probably be like Trigon. I know they want WM to seem like must have..I just don't see it. The current content is a breeze in our current state.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The preview post makes it sound like we are going to be able to pick which side we fight on. Will Heroes have the option to support the Loyalist forces?
    • Like x 1
  17. NightHawk New Player

Wait did I miss something? Is there nothing to do in the new version of Gotham? All of the duo's and alerts sound instance. Hoping there is solos and bounties ala home turf or there will be no reason to go there except for new collections and briefings and that will be done in a day.
    • Like x 2
  18. winter13 New Player

Everything sounds great, except the addition of more iconic solos. They are the worst addition to the game for me (as far as content). I don't like the Huntress and Bizarro solos, and if these are iconic solos they will be just as bad. If I have to solo, at least let me play as my own toon.
    • Like x 4
  19. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Well we'll probably use the feature for more than just DLC10.
    • Like x 2
  20. Wonder Bira Active Player

Of course! There's Always na explanation for Batman to get involved...