Concerns: Artifacts from a Support Role

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsidianChill_DCUO, Oct 24, 2017.

1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

As it should be.
    • Like x 1
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Ok something I forgot to mention that I believe would fix the issues with the board. Convert everything to a point system and combine it to include damage healing power deaths being a minus pickup all of this would be on the first page and then your damage or healing would be the last page. That would make a more accurate board for all
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Remember the community on test would go full power specking and pft won't work unless you put so into power. Granted precision should have a bigger impact so it could compete with might but hopefully the devs figure it out and quick
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

actually, when they came out, the playstyle stats were lacking in a way, only weapon was buffing your characters. so everyone on test server was going for it ^^ lol ^^' the PFTT style stat was not giving enough power for being an actually playstyle, it was in desperate need of the additional power to replenish fast enough. doing range taps was doing the job way better back then. in respond to it, not only they fused might and power, but they gave "super powered" additional power to raise the pool. that was allready overkill, but they even gave an additional might buff on top of that to make sure PFTT would be superior in every way... seriously, they sayd they would give WE a buff for using WM... where, why and when did that went lost? there never was any need of giving more might to "super powered", because super powers are dealing more dammage than weapon attacks from the begin with! now that you replenish power faster, and might+power is one stat, who even bothers to unlock weapon combos? i mean serious... what were they thinking :confused:
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly..... not really.

Most players cannot read/interpret the scoreboard sadly..... for various reasons.

This will be a long one.... so go get yourself a snack. ;)

Sadly..... most people cannot make distinction.
    That is true in life.
    That is especially true online.
    And sadly that is still true in DCUO.

Too many people only can think in one term... the end result.

You see that often when people discuss if a film was successfull or not.

Some will see that a film made $500 000 000.... and they will automatically see that as a success..... because to them $500 000 000 is a LOT of $$$. So of course the film was a success.

But when you try to explain how yes... the film did make $500 000 000......
    but....
    It did cost $400 000 000 to make and advertise the film.

Some would still argue that the film still made $100 000 000.
    But then you need to point out that the Studios who made the film only get roughly 50% of that $500 000 000.
    So the studio will only get $250 000 000 of that $$$.
    So in reality..... the studio will have lost about $150 000 000.

Sadly.... most people cannot make any distinctions whatsoever.

All they see is that BIG $500 000 000 number..... and to them the film is a success.

Many people... all they can see is the end result..... and none of the nuances that brought in that end result.

The same holds true with the Scoreboard.

Tooooooo many players will see someone who has 10 000 000 damages as someone that did a great job based on the number alone.

And sadly..... tooooooo many players just cannot make the distinction that yeah..... BatmanRules made 10 000 000 damage.

But..... BatmanRules was also responsible of 6 wipes because he would not pick up the fallen Healer that was right next to him.
    or he would not activate the console that was right next to him.
    or he started the fight with the boss before the Tank... and it wiped half the group just as the fight started.

Again... sadly toooo many people only see the BIG numbers..... but can't really interpret those numbers properly.

Again.... there are many reasons behind that.

Many people lack any creative or analytical thinking.

They lack the capacity to analyse what really happened during the mission.
    So all they can really do is look at the BIG numbers.... and think that those who have those BIG numbers did a good job.

Also..... many people just do not know what is going on when you play a mission.

How is that possible???

Many many players have tunnel vision.
    All they see is what is right in front of them.
    Which is not too big an issue if you are a DPS.
    A DPS can still do a good just even if they have tunnel vision.

For a Troll/Healer/Tank...... Tunnel Vision usually means the group is in trouble.

To do a good job as a Troll/Healer/Tank.....
    usually you need situational awareness and you need to look at everything that is going on in the battle.

You need to look at the group's health.
    The group's power.
    Where every player is located on the map.
    Where every NPCs is located on the map.
    And a billion of other things.
    And once you can do that..... you can see everything that is happening in the battle.

Good DPS will also have situational awareness..... but most have Tunnel Vision..... and you can still do fine as a DPS even with Tunnel Vision.

Again If you have situational awareness... you can see everything that happens during the battle/mission.... you don't even need to look at the scoreboard to know who did a good job.
    You see what happens who does a good job in real time.
    No Scoreboard required/needed for that.

But most players do not see that.... all they see is what is right in front of them thanks to having tunnel vision.

So all they will see when looking at the Scoreboard is who has the BIG numbers.... but they won't really know what really happened during the mission.

And adding a billion numbers or different stats to the Scoreboard would not change that.

So yes... more stats could be added tot he Scoreboard.... but it still would not solve the issue.

Sorry the long post.
    I could keep on going and going.... but this will do....... for now. ;) ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Sorry man for some reason it said would instead of wouldnt
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i see. understand. agree.
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Great post,....very comprehensive. I just wanted to log in and say it.

I will also say something that many persons here will not say,.....no qualifier,....Chill You're Right !!

I don't know you,....and don't care to.......but I appreciate when a player backs up theory with proof, evidence and a clear understanding of gameplay. For those of us that have been here from Alpha, Beta, and up until now, it's clear that at times there is a disconnect between the Dev's knowledge of the game and that of higher end players. There have been occasions when the playerbase have exposed aspects of the game that the Dev's didn't realize or fully understand.

But this discussion brings to the fore another problem with this game, at times. You can show all the evidence in the world that your Controller build is best. In this instance the matter of speccing Power instead of might is not disputable. To dispute that means you really do not understand how the game functions now. Your evidence evidence can be based on hard data, but if your speaking to persons who don't regularly go into Elite content, and/or late SM Rounds such as 12-20, your discussion is moot. Many care about just finishing content, and could care less about HOW they do it. People want to play their way, regardless of how it impacts the way an instance can unfold: ie smoothly of full of difficulties.
    • Like x 4
  9. recoil Committed Player

speaking of support role artifacts, how do we level another role artifact with an old artifact? i don't plan on doing it now but i'm planning on doing it in about half a month when i go from controller to healer.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

They just show up in the list of reagents you can throw onto an artifact.
    • Like x 1
  11. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Make sure it's in your inventory and not marked as important and it will show up in the list after all the nth metal. I'm not sure if having it on an armory will prevent it from showing up. It didn't at launch, a fix was supposed to go out for that, but I never saw it in patch notes.
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil Committed Player

ah, thanks! didn't want to do it too early.
  13. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

from what i seen in all artifact, it seems like the goal of the artifact isnt only provide a buff to the players, but a buff to everyone as well...

so if healer and control get buff to let's said, stats that is beneficial to their roles, that would means, the buff is useless to everyone else.. so far the only useful stats that would benefit everyone is might, precision and health.. which explain why tank, control and healer artifact buff hp instead of stats that is beneficial to their role..

the only way to fix this is redo the artifact, so it'll give 2 type of team buff.. 1 is "in role" buff which mean it'll buff everyone that is a specific roles and the other buff generic buff which is the health buff that is for anyone that isnt in the same role for the artifact..

for example, Tank artifact will provide a buff in Dom for anyone that is in Tank role, but for anyone who isnt in Tank role will get a HP buff..
  14. Midnyt2 New Player

Old returning player here,
    Just my 2 cents,

I agree with the OP's statement that the bonus don't help the roles in their primary function.
    So what is their primary function..?
    I would say it's to be able to use the right power at the right time, whether it be healer, controller, or tank .

The healer, controller and tank all do work to make it possible for the dps to do their job(burn). The Roles allow that by providing the power(from trolls), the healing (from healers), and freedom from npcs (from the tank).

Those 3 things allow the dps to be the most effective in their rotations.

The Roles don't have rotations, just powers that need to be used when they need to be used.

With that in mind, I feel the artifact should aid the roles to do their jobs better.

- artifact bonus idea - crit damage lowers cool down of all powers by %.

This would allow controller, healer, tank more freedom to ude the powers that is needed when it's needed. More freedom to make errors.
    Cool down decrease would allow for more debuffs, more shields, more power dumps, more pulls..

Power from the controller would still dictate how much spamming that could be done, but the reduced cool down would allow more spamming if needed.

This would also give the Roles a reason to spec into crit chance/ damage, as damage is still part of their role/ job.

And this help each role individually, and as a group without simply being dps buffers.

That's it.
    • Like x 1