Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Yes I notice that too even the Guardian with shield dies alot faster witch is extremely weird.
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

Best ideas so far
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So rumors are just that... Rumors... But I've heard through the fame and this forum that they plan to nerf weapon mastery range attacks... Niw I wouldn't gave believed it but they did already nerf the melee combos... So thus rumor has some believability to if....

If they do I fact nerf weapon mastery range combos (particularlY hand asters to explosive shot) thus will hurt earth majorly I believe ... Especially when other AMps already do as good of damage as the current state of range wm attacks .... (Gadgets) .... We hiwever along with sorc don't gave a way to compete as our am us so weak... This us just one mire case that if in fact they nerf wm range we have to gave a pet mechanic update to make it hit harder and give us power back ... Or else earth in particular will be back to where it was prior to the earth update... Sorce would also feel the hurt ...
  4. L T Devoted Player

Does vitalization affect how much power we give our pets or is it just CR based?

I've also noticed my sorcery pets dying in t6 content-- specifically SB and raids.

Forget about pets when fighting Mr Miracle. That's a problem when you build your whole character around an AM and then that gets taken away from you in the final fight.
  5. Proto1118 Committed Player

Not sure if your Vit affects the power back.

With a decent Tank, my pets hardly get ko'd. Like you said, only in Breach where Mantis/Miracle 1-shots pets and in Artifacts because the pets are noobs and don't know to get out of the white light.
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'm loving all the suggestions on how to make pet mechanics better... I mean I don't love every single one I just live that a lot of you gave commented ... This shows many of us feel this am needs a lot of work to be competitive. .. I'm gonna inbox this to loche and tunso and I suggest others do the same... Maybe we can get the pet am to be more competitive with wm ...

So I think what we can agree on is

Pet needs to do better damage... Most have suggested it should be based off our stats not cr...

Pets need a better way to keep powered cause powering with fortify/offering is kinda ridiculous most the time they throw their heavy hires the second you hit fortify and you gave to wait until you can repower to get big hits off them

Brick also needs some tweaks
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I agree with the DPS side and the DPS side is where the AM exist. When I run my Earth toon in DPS stance I pick Brick over Crystal for a few reasons. 1 - I can use WM and gain the crit bonus 2 - Brick last longer due to higher health and defense 3 - He pulls aggro when healt gets below 30% 4 - He tanks pretty good by himself

I tried Sidekick robot but I did not like how it worked, prefer Brick over Sidekick Robot and Crystal

Using Crystal requires more power as you have to keep her charged up and rotate between the PI to ensure she can maximumize damage. Loss of WM crits for powers, and she does not pull aggro when your health gets low. She is squishy and dies regularly compared to Brick. When the AM was first release she was awesome and did massive damage, but they nerfed her and I dislike using her now.
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

Didn't they just buff the range attacks when they nerfed some melee combos?
    Brick actually only grabs aggro in dps role when he has power (our health doesn't matter), and no need to rotate power interactions with Crystal. Pick either Dazed or Crushed.
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I didn't notice a difference but you could be right I think brawling got a range buff but I'm sure it's not enough to make it ideal for competitive damage
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

i feel like i already know the answer to this, but........

anyone having luck using the pet AM in the final boss fight of Love and War? i know brick tanking cant be going well....
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I don't know about tanking or dpsing. But watcher is flat out useless he dies with the shield on him faster than he can cast a heal.
    • Like x 2
  12. Toxiic Committed Player

Tried tanking with brick... Was forced to switch after 4 wipes on the first boss. I don't understand how anyone would think a pet AM is good when everything is a potential one-shot.
    • Like x 1
  13. blazninferno Level 30

As far as sorcery goes the gaurdian is nice to have around in certain situations other than that the pets are pretty useless as dps i can do far more damage without them
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

thats what i thought then. and since ive run the content more, id never even try brick there. basically the pet AM only stands out in alerts or lower content. and thats being generous.
    i really hope they scrap the mechanic and just give earth an aftershock AM and sorcery some other option.
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

ive had fun using brick in damage stance in duos and below, but thats been about it. with that said, brick is the tank pet for a tank class, and does less work than the superior guardian. how does that happen?
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If anyone watched fnl last week jens said he asked for a update to one earth power that needed a tweak, something all earth tanks use..coming from him that means he's talking about brick tanking which most earth tanks are not doing... He followed it with it's do etching that needs to be able to clip...

If it's a power that needs to clip other powers... And he's talking about tanking you know he means brick snd you know he means fortify golem...

If they make fortify golem a power that can clip then they have to make offering do the same it's only fair...

However even tho the power won't benefit me in my dps load out... I'll be using it to clip either rumble crush or debris field,..

This us coming in the update on test I believe he said... It's probably just not added in yet
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

Well, it's sort of good news. I mean I really hope they don't plan on hanging their hats on that but it is one tweak that would help the pet AM.

What I'm hoping they don't do is add some player power back mechanic when using Fortify Golem, which is something I feel is coming anyways.
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

Me too. Player power isn't the issue with pet am at all. It's the pets power and how much less damage they do and how less often they attack compared to what the player can do with wm.
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

I guess I just remember before our update that there was a small yet rather vocal minority that wanted Brick/Crystal to be improved instead of aftershocks, and voila we are now a pet class. I see the same type of small minority asking for power back mechanics and using multiple pets at once and other stuff we don't really need.
  20. Lacedog Loyal Player

I remember wanting the pets to be viable, but I thought there was no way aftershocks weren't going to be our am. How could they not be? And yet here we are......