Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

If they made the power back powers marked as beneficial and gave them the ability to clip other powers I th ink you would see a significant increase in damage that would put pet AMs on par with other AMs and WM.
  2. Saiyan King New Player

The pet only does like 5k every now and then. While transmute can do like 5-8k without a ridiculous long cooldown that the pet move has
    • Like x 1
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

That would be a start but it would still need more to match wm.
  4. L T Devoted Player

My fury seems to do both white and orange damage. Sometimes it uses hand blasters (which appears greyish white) and sometimes powers (orange). Or have I been imagining things?
  5. L T Devoted Player

The chart I saw was from when Halls of Power was on test. It included AM from sorcery, earth, fire, and HL. It showed that for most power sets, the top AM user did better than the top WM user. Can't seem to find the chart. If I do I'll post a link.
  6. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Ur imagining it. U probbly saw the damage he was taking and thought it was actual pet damage witch is not.
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

Yup, same chart I was referring to. It didn't include what was on test or fire's am.
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Transmute used to. From recent reports in the forum, Transmutation is either currently bugged or was ninja nerfed as players have reported receiving only 3-5K WM Power crits on live... however, a player on the test server said over there it is still around 7K... so we'll see if the next update pushes Transmutation back to its previous glory. As for Fury, I've seen occasional 10K hits when he's powered.

I didn't say 'learning how to mod' I suggested utilizing other ways of modding to get the best bang for your buck using WM combos with Fury since we don't get WM Power crits. Further, I never use WoD in the first place, being modded straight Precision, it's a waste of time IMO... you gain more damage simply spamming WM combos using Relentless Precision and not even bothering with Sorcery powers other than Offering, Shard, and SW (SW for the crit chance bonus for the team) and then only when I get knocked out of my WM combos. Since Fury does extra damage with either Bad Karma OR Red Soul Aura active, and Fury gives RSA when something dies, I really don't even need Shard. The damage done by Sorcery powers is miniscule compared to spammed DW>Explosive Shot with Relentless Precision active and while being full precision modded running Flex soders. Hitting 6-12K every two seconds with just WM combos is doing the same amount of damage or better as other power's AM. Couple that with the damage Fury is doing on his own, that comes out to a LOT of damage over a Raid.
  9. toast Well-Known Player

just having the fury out cancels wm which is why alot of sorc players, myself included, run with guardian because it doesnt cancel wm or no pet at all.
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

i am very aware of that. what i think i was referring to was what fury does compared to crystal.since both cancel WM crit windows.

what the topic is about is how these AM's match up with other power's AM's. or another way of putting it, how we could improve these AM's to match other power's AM's.
    • Like x 1
  11. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Than ur either blind or ur fury is getting the 50% from the suplydrop because fury doesnt hit anywhere near 10k. Im guessing u probbly saw a 1k hit and thought it was a 10k. I suggest u do more testing because iv'e been testing and looking for ways for that pet to do more damage sense it came out and so far nothing nada none. 5k or 6k is the max damage the pet does ( a 2 hit damage).
    • Like x 1
  12. Lacedog Loyal Player

That's kinda what I was thinking as well.

I think the main point of this thread was for earth users and sorcery users to come together and come up with contructive ideas on how to improve the pets. If that's what we are stuck with, might as well try to get them on the other powersets level.

I'm kinda under the impression that if we can stay creative and constructive we could have some kind of influence whenever an improvement might come.
  13. Proto1118 Committed Player

Any power, while the enemy/enemies are inflicted with Bad Karma/RSA/Crushed/Dazed, will give power back to you and your pet. Offering and Ritualistic Word become one move and is clippable like RW. Fortified Golem is also clippable. RW/FG will give PoT to your pet but all other powers only give instant. Power back to yourself is similar to when you defeat enemies in the open world. At 108CR it is 220 power back.
    Pet base damage is increased as is PI'd damage.
    Just throwing something out there. Critique away.
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

I think the pet getting more power more often would be a start. I'd still like to somehow either scale the pet with our own stats or be able to control how often the pet attacks.
  15. toast Well-Known Player

I get what you're saying and its something I haven't even wanted to think about. I haven't used my earth toon since the update other than the seasonal, because of the animation change to aftershocks. the animation it has now doesn't look or feel right to me. its just awkward. wouldn't mind a 2 handed hammer fist as the start of the animation. i hate how they love to use the same animation several times for different powers. seeing as i haven't used crystal almost at all im not sure if she applied dazed pre-update or applies dazed post-update, but she should. the fury should use a 3 or 4 power rotation ( as should crystal ) starting with a power that applies BK like : condemn >transmutation>final ruin. i think crystal/fury would a more viable alternative to wm if they functioned like this.

kind of off topic :
    would have liked to see wm give us additional wep combos for our specific weps that would have a player chosen power on the end of it from tier 1 and tier 2 burst dmg powers with half the power cost. each increasing in strength with each consecutive combo. meaning 1st melee combo gets a T1 power as its finisher then go directly into the 2nd melee combo finishing with the t2 power with +25% dmg of previous power, into the 1st ranged combo finishing with a power with +35% dmg of previous power and then the 2nd ranged combo finishing with a power with +50% dmg of previous power. say combo power 1 did 400 dmg, combo power 2 does 600 dmg & gets 100 dmg, then combo power 3 gets an additional 35% ( +245 ) from the total dmg done by combo power 2 and so on. could be done like electricity's AM but we wouldnt have to use the tray to activate the power. but the wep activated powers wouldn't apply PI's due to the half power cost.
  16. xXS0EXx Committed Player

RSA(Red Soul Aura) doesn't make the pet do more damage and it doesn't give power back either. I don't know from where are u guys getting ur info but that is completely wrong. U guys need to start testing your powers more often thats if u guys are really sorcery players.

Sorcery doesn't have a Power return ability like others AM in other words we can't get our power back only share it with the pet.
  17. Proto1118 Committed Player

Smh.
    Mine was a suggestion to improve pet AM.
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

I think the power back thing was an idea to improve the mechanic
  19. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Than im srry I misunderstood that one.
  20. Skip Sandwich New Player

As a former City of Heroes player who ran 5 different Mastermind Toons (one each for Mercs, Thugs, Robots, Ninja and Zombie pet types), I would LOVE a revamp to Advanced Pets in DCUO.

an earlier poster had a good idea about Advanced Pet powersets having multiple pets designed work in concert with each other and the player, suggesting one PI applicator pet and one Burst pet that played off the PI. I second that idea, and further propose that the Moveset/Behavior of each pet change based on the player stance (DPS/Heal/Troll/Tank), with 2 "permament (always out)" pets per powerset with a SC move that either summons a powerful 3rd pet (Grand Summoning, for possible example) or temporally transforms the 2 normal pets into more powerful versions (Possibly see Trancendence).