Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

It really sucks how DW gets buffed AFTER the block 5 taps implementation. I can see it being the biggest pain in 1s and 2s.

We need DW nerfed ASAP pls.
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Would say if you get hit with a 5-8 tap hold you deserve to be one shot, but not now. Be careful with what you ask for
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are still trying to track down just what changes went live to match what is being reported, since it doesn't look like any of it was intended for the server hotfix. Thanks for your patience.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Also, it might be useful if anyone can identify a change on live that is not on test. For example, an attack that seems buffed/un-nerfed on live, but is still as expected on test.
    • Like x 1
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

*points at Brice
    • Like x 2
  6. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

We were queuing last night and the 2 that stood out clearly were dual wields dual flurry and smokebomb from MA. The damage on the long combos is far too high. There could be others but we haven't tested it yet.

I think it should be worth noting that while it makes sense for some of the longer combos to have high damage, if that's scaled for 4/5s you're going to have 1 shots in 1/2s which isn't balanced. The damage needs to be somewhere between those 2.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. The damage on dual flurry and smokebomb are too high 1) in your opinion, 2) compared to what they are on test, or 3) compared to what they were on live on Wednesday?
  8. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

• Like x 2
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

Dont forget Shield uppercut, and pretty much any combo above 4 tap hold for Shield.

and I think the answer is both 2 and 3, not just one of them.
    • Like x 1
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

3 for sure. 1 as well, and I'm sure the majority shares that opinion. I can't confirm 2 since I don't have test, but I'd imagine it's also true because the damage of these long combos would have been brought up previously if they were hitting that hard on test.

From what I've seen, Dual Wield's Dual Flurry (6-8 tap) and Shield's Uppercut, Two-Footed Slam, and Handspring Kick are all capable of taking more than one half of a player's health in arenas, and they all hit for more than double all the other combos of those weapons. This is as of yesterday's hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

What Miserable Said.

3. Smoke bomb easily doubles the damage of spinning punch. DW's 6-8 and Shield's 5-7 are much higher than before.
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I got my new gaming laptop last night and only put Live on it. I will put Test on it tonight but I'll be honest I don't have much time on the weekend to do testing since I'm spending time with the family during the day. If needed though I can probably do a bit of testing Monday.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What?? Family time when you could be painstakingly testing frustrating weapon damage mysteries? Come on...
    • Like x 8
  14. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Seriously. Xanort slacks off so much.
    • Like x 3
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Family is nice. All we do in DCUO is beat people senseless. :D
  16. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Too bad test server hasn't worked for me since HL midrage was implemented to it :/
  17. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Any ETA on when this stuff is supposed to be fixed? In the future it would probably make more sense to reverse the change for 1 issue that's broken than allow multiple others to sit for an extended period of time.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I just want to point something out to all those that are asking for nerfs. There are a few weapons doing more dmg than others, but in reality if you get hit by the long shield or DW combo, it should be a massive hit. That's a long wind up which can be avoided.

The problem your going to cause next by lowering all of the damage is healing. Someone will cry nerf on healing before to long. I like a few weapons hitting hard. You know who the dps is and should be able to counter them. These big one shots hit for nothing if you counter. Kind of like the set group I was in the other day. The dps kept getting almost one shotted by both of their dps. Why you ask, because he wouldn't counter 2 ice dps winding up a long shield combo. If he would have blocked both or lunged his block breaker he would be fine.

I think alot of people need to learn how to pvp and slow down with the nerf hammer. PvP is fun again. I can't tell you how awesome it is handling a group of 4 people trying to one shot me and not being able to.

Think of what your asking because when's it's gone, it will prob break something else.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Of course we would if it were that simple.
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I think we are just gonna take a break from scrims for a few days until they address it. The one shots are quite ridiculous. We've one shot people and we've had people one shot. It's just not very fun when you almost feel like you didn't work for the kill even when you get it.

Hopefully they fix it this week and we can go back to doing some scrims again.