Arena Weapon FoTM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Eminence, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 2
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Edited to be more thorough on what is wrong.

Tested MA and Shield on Live to compare to what I have from Test (I don't have up to date DW and 1H info from Test but I'd bet Live and Test match).

It looks like the numbers match for Test and Live.

What this means is it looks like you guys simply pushed the weapon changes to Live without meaning to.

What this also means is, I was wrong when Eminence asked me last week if I thought Shield was balanced on Test. I said, looks like it. I never imagined the numbers would go as high as they do once you throw the gear on and buff. I should have never said the numbers on Shield looked fine from my base stat testing without properly testing the weapons in an actual scrim and I can promise that that won't ever happen again.

The following is just my opinion on the situation and nothing more.
    Based on what I've seen from some scrims and read about people's experiences since the damage changes were pushed to Live, if all the weapon changes on Test have in fact been pushed to Live, I would say a 30-35% reduction in all of the following combos would be ideal:
    • Flip Slash
    • Dual Flurry c1, c2, c3
    • Smoke Bomb
    • Shield Uppercut
    • Two Footed Slam
    • Handspring Kick
    This will remove them from being capable of doing obscene amounts of damage to players while still putting them capable of hitting around 10-11K when fully geared and buffed via a power. Right now it is one to two shot city and the whole idea of the PVP revamp was to eliminate this.

In the end, if the changes stay like they currently are we will be right back to square one :(.
    • Like x 6
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

THANKS BRICE! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

OMG, you mean there are people from test that do more than take off gear and damage a dummy. This should be universal btw. Alot is missed from test to live because no one truly tests anything. Base line stats are just that. Everyone from test who spend their days crunching numbers learn from this please. We need more testing in all aspects of the game. Not just hitting a dummy.

And yes, the shield is still broke. I hear it was fixed, but I don't think so on live at least.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe we have identified the the issue and are working on reverting the adjustments made. We are still also investigating how/why these adjustments were published to live in the first place.
    • Like x 6
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I need to remove Flip Slash from my list of weapons that needs a 30-35% reduction for now. I need to compare it on Test more thoroughly but right now what I'm seeing on Live during my testing it hitting hard but not worthy of a 30-35% reduction. The rest however I still believe 30-35% is justified. I will finish up all the testing tonight testing the "harder hitting" combos and see where everything falls.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree. I have used 1h forever. Yes I use flip slash, but I have used DW and shield. If I wanted to cheese it in pvp, LIKE ALOT OF TOP LEAGUES ARE!!!, I would use shield.

The tap 4 5 or 6 combos should hit hard to a point. That's alot of winding up to hit for a small amount. Kinda goes with that risk reward thing.
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I just got off Test comparing what is there for DW and what is on Live for DW. They are the same.

On Test I was able to achieved a crit of 8,477 at base stats in an Arena w/ 8 tap hold.
    On Live I was able to achieved a crit of 8.699 at base stats in an Arena w/ 8 tap hold.

Their lowest hits matched as well or were damn close enough to count which for the record was 3,477 (Live) and 3,500 (Test).

What this tells me is that the damage on Test is the same as on Live.

Please Devs reduce the damage on the following weapons before pushing the Test build to Live:
    • Dual Flurry c1, c2, c3
    • Smoke Bomb
    • Shield Uppercut
    • Two Footed Slam
    • Handspring Kick
    Lastly please note I am not requesting that you over reduce them by wiping out the increase in damage that you guys gave them completely, just a 30-35% reduction.
    • Like x 3
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

I don't think it's a smart approach to be experimenting on Live, and if they started with reducing it by 30-35% on Test so we can test it, we'll be stuck with the current situation on Live until the changes finally get pushed.

I believe the best thing to start with is reverting the changes on live, and only after that reducing these combos by 30-35% on Test, so we can actually test them properly.

But Live really needs to just be back where it was a week ago, at least until we find a sweet spot for the longer combos.
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I completely agree. I want to properly test them as well. My bad on not making that more clear. I definitely do not want them to just go and reduce the damage by 30-35% on Live. I want them to do so on Test while also reverting the changes they accidentally put in place last week.
    • Like x 1
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I don't even know anymore. o_O
  13. ZypherUSPC Committed Player

Nice. We noticed it when the handblasters damage update was pushed to live. I don't think this update was ever on the test server, none of us recall testing it.
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

It was for one day prior to hitting Live.

When I discovered Handblaster's Uppercut was reduced by 70% damage I did so on Test. The other weapon changes were there as well. I just hadn't had a chance to properly test all the weapons since school is taking up a lot of my free time.
  15. Soul Dedicated Player

You mean to say you have a life outside of DCUO?

I'm telling on you to the Dragon King. :p
  16. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Test is coming down this morning to clean up the pvp changes. We'll have full details in a bit.
    • Like x 5
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Test is up with the changes reverted. We believe this should resolve the reports of one-shotting being back, and would appreciate if anyone can confirm on test.
  19. Wretched Egg 02 New Player

I tested all the combos with the mastery spec'd for each weapon on the list and the highest numbers I got with a 50% dps buff & 3K precision were 3-4K flat and 7K crits. Took off mastery spec'd and still got ~same numbers. Seems to have worked from my end.
    • Like x 1
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Planning on logging on tonight with some others and do some testing Mepps.

Thank you guys for adjusting this so quickly.