Anyone interested in free sketches of their DCUO characters?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SuperSoldier, Sep 29, 2013.

1. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I've dugout some art books and I could use the practice. I'm not able to do anything too technical just some loose sketchings...:eek: I was thinking we could do this by themes, so for example I may ask for characters with no faces. Anyone can then post a pic and a brief background (info that might help like age, personality,.., etc) of their character that fits the theme and I'll do a drawing of the first to reply or within a time limit, maybe more if there's enough interest.
    [IMG]
    Zuse - A faceless character

Keep your expectations low, and there's no time table when I can get them done.:D
    And by all means if anyone else wants to get in on this and post there artwork, feel free! So thumbs up and/or reply if interested and I'll reply with a theme/rules so we can begin!
    • Like x 51
  2. Lucaefor New Player

Here's a popular picture choice: Gotham by Night - a rooftop portrait of a villain or hero with the Bat Signal etched in the night skyline
  3. SavageMasochist New Player

Nice work! Hope to see them coming!
  4. Zuse Loyal Player

5. Zuse Loyal Player

i didnt read that " Zuse " tnx very very much man i was like why does he look so much like my char but u already did it u made my day :D :D
    • Like x 3
  6. Zuse Loyal Player

7. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone is interested but first theme will be a female character. Post a pic of your in game dcuo female character with details like personality, height, hero/villain?.., etc and I'll give it a try for the first to reply.
    • Like x 1
  8. Breakforce Loyal Player

Pretty cool!

At SOE Live Supertoad gave me like 5 original pencils of Breakforce from his comics he makes for the league , and I mean it when I say it was one of the highlights of my trip.
    • Like x 4
  9. Achemenial New Player

LoL thats more of like Death Stroke in the injustice movie what he does to a guy or was it in the Mortal Combat Movie when he cuts the guys head off with a sword :eek:
  10. Zuse Loyal Player

well this guy,SuperSoldier, man this was the best thing anyone did for me on DCUO tnx very much he looks better then he looks in game :D
    • Like x 1
  11. YodaDog New Player

Ill step up. This is cool.

My main and one of my first characters: Caroll El. She's an electric healing hero (nature atm, but she's just taking a tour of the healing powers). Medium height. She likes to dance alot in the powerful (or serious stance? cant remember..) stance, i.e. arms crossed, nodding head. She's friendly but snarky. She'll do anything to help out a friend but she can lack patience. She doesnt suffer fools well. She takes her job very seriously. When people fall down, she takes it very hard, even when it isnt her fault.

[IMG]

This is an old pic, but its the only one I gotz at work. She always rocks the Dresden 7 back piece and the Wizardly legs. However, usually these days she just rolls with a tee shirt instead of the kryptonian armor as seen in the pic. She's typically, shall we say, very business-casual.

Thats about all I got. Im way more into mechanics and socializing in game than any kind of role playing. But Caroll's been with me for years now, and she definitely holds a soft spot in my cold heart, especially for a fictional video game character.
    • Like x 1
  12. Breakforce Loyal Player

I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to convey here.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

feel free to sketch away This is Sticky Icky healer extraordinaire :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

Nice work! Feel free to take a shot at Mags...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

Really liked the way how you draw Zuse. If there's a spot, here my toon:

[IMG]

Age/Size: Teen (14-16)
    Character Inspiration: Indiana Jones (should give you a good atmosphere in which direction that goes)

Face can be darkened as u did with Zuses, its all about the hat anyway ^_^
    • Like x 2
  16. Zuse Loyal Player

I cant wait to see the masterpieces of this man
  17. TheRealDeathern New Player

Looking forward to seeing the results.
    • Like x 1
  18. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Caroll El with special guest appearance by Beastboy (as a Yodadog).

Edit: Cropped, and posting slightly bigger version. Thanks to everyone who submitted a pic and although I asked for female characters this round, I'll try to knock out the rest of sketches on a "semi-daily" basis.:D
    • Like x 29
  19. YodaDog New Player

Wow. You nailed it, man. Very very cool. Takes alot these days to make me smile. You did it. You're an amazing talent. I cant draw to save my life!

Thank you, sir.
    Cheers! :)
    • Like x 5
  20. General Zod 10000 Post Club

I wish I could draw. :(
    • Like x 7