Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Oh yes! Since you can already hit 188 in a month without knowing much about the game or how your toon works, let's make it even easier. Presto, CR100, without having a clue about how to be effective in DCUO. Also, CR is soon to be nerfed with Stats Matter, so this gift will be nerfed as well. Good one to add to the game! WooWoo! Pat the dev team on the back for this one... and give them a kick in the pants too.

Please, focus on REAL BUGS and Stats Matter. Not this male bovine excrement! Then, once those things are done, you could get back to say Water Power, new content, etc.
    • Like x 9
  2. Road Kill Active Player

Nice. Happy anniversary dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sigeci Well-Known Player

Anyone else having to install 26717 kb now when launching the game? After the game came back up this happened
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

Maybe I am a bit more nostalgic, but this is the first gift that is not something tangible. I have the cape, the trinkets, and the posters. While this is a fine gift, I wish there would have been a little something to identify year six.
    • Like x 6
  5. Tsuzura Well-Known Player

"Oh sweet, I can jump some of my alternate characters!"
    *Looks at second characters CR*
    [Its 99}
    ._.

I was hoping we also got a full respec token so I can change mt 178's power.
    • Like x 3
  6. Vicious Well-Known Player

This is the best thing you guys have ever done. My main is 190/269 and my next highest toon is level 17. I've always wanted to make alts but between grinding feats and trading to get all the things that I need, I never developed the willpower to grind Level 1-30 on a new toon.

With this head start, I'll have no problem getting into the upper level grinds to advance this character further. Thank you so much.
    • Like x 3
  7. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Gee.........thanks..........
  8. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

9. Dezaras Loyal Player

I get why some people are upset with this but I'm grateful. I've been here for a few years now, I use the game to create a YouTube series so I appreciate the gesture. It'll help me build up my cast, so to speak.

That's my benefit, again I understand why some people would be upset.
    • Like x 2
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Can't really go along with the hate for this. Particularly from people who don't lower themselves to run content with newer players.

If it's not worth spending money on to you, don't do it. It won't effect you. People get dragged to CR 100 by their leagues anyway. How many new new players are going to use this? Who cares?

Anyway, I have a question. I have a CR80 alt. If I advance him to CR100 will he gain new feats? What feats do you actually get awarded? How many SP worth?
    • Like x 2
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. The Game Well-Known Player

People ***** for no reason lol. I don't see what's wrong with it as it's tedious as it is to level up alts.

What I want to know is what are the gifts for console? I see the PC gifts...
  13. JayDubYou New Player

This will make my alts much more reasonable on time consumption. Thanks DCUO!
    • Like x 2
  14. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

As someone with 15 characters, and a few under level 30, thanks! However I do find the CR placement a bit odd, I would think taking them right to the start of the latest DLC would make more sense.

I do see why some people would have issue with it though, but honestly you end up with the same results in player experience when players burn the content for others allowing them to pretty much do the same thing. Granted they get some experience, but nonetheless you end up with inexperienced players in the end.
  15. kiddropkick New Player

How many skill points do we get on the jump? Say like a fresh new toon auto 100CR = SKP?
    • Like x 1
  16. Shredded Anarchy New Player

This is pretty bad.. I mean Seriously skip to 100 cr. Now we have these "Skippers" that are going to be max cr in a couple days trying to run Elites... Its bad enough as is with these 190 cr/100 sp This was a HUGE step in the wrong Direction your about to lose alot of old players, You know the people you dont give a crap about, the ones who have spent thousands of dollars on this game while working very hard to get where they are. A simple Bouncy Ball would of made my week bright.
    • Like x 9
  17. SasquaT Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  18. Delsin Rowe Level 30

I was just wondering the other day why they didn't do this. Destiny does it with new large DLCs.
    • Like x 1
  19. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Ok so first quick question ? does anyone can actually buy this (or use the free one(s)) or just the people who already have a char cr100+ on their account ?

Because if it's anyone that can actually get it, like people with real low level / CR playing for the first time, that's BS. We already complain all the time about all the players with no skills at all because the game is so easy to rush and until last content Tier, you don't have any issue upping like crazy. But now this .? A guy who just starts the game can reach T5-T6 ??? OMG, this is gonna get you some money after 31th Jan for sure. But what about the no skill-community you are creating ?

If you are only looking to make money out of DC Universe Online, just admit it loud and clear that the game aint about Skills, mechanics or even gameplay anymore, that you actually don't care about all of that now and you just want to fill your pockets.

I have no issue with some capitalism, that's what rules the world now, but still, have some respect for the game and the DC Universe. This is YOUR game after all ! You really enjoying what you are making out of it right now ? That can't be serious !
    • Like x 12
  20. SheerFaith Committed Player

A Fireworks trinket would be cool..but this is a JOKE!!!
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.