Advance to CR100! Happy 6th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

In theory a nice idea.
    But the game design makes playing alts so unenjoyable to me right now, that I don't have any use for this.

Is there a way to pass over those two CR-skips to someone else, who needs it?
    • Like x 1
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*laughs*

As long as forums exist, for any game, their will be crying. It doesn't matter if it's justified or not, it will exist. You can't make everyone happy, that is life.

In your opinion there is no reason to cry and that is your call. I'm glad you enjoyed your gift and hope you enjoy this anniversary. There are others who don't enjoy the gift, for whatever the reason, and I still hope that they enjoy their anniversary too.
    • Like x 2
  4. Nydia Level 30

Well to be honest i wasn't looking forward for anything as a member for 5 years.
    i personally do not need this but I hope it bring some goodness to those who use it.
    i have alts and they all over the 100 cr mark.

Have fun everyone.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Lord Saren Active Player

the one thing i do like it now all 265 members of my league are at minimum level 100
    • Like x 1
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

You're either trying to lie or you're clearly not informed. As a previous WoW player and one that had a look on the forums when the feature became available on WoW, there were plenty of complaints. People were complaining about how players could get boosted to that level and have no idea on how to play their power or role (and they got a tutorial and and a range of official YouTube videos unlike this game) . People were complaining about how new players skip a whole bunch of content that should be a learning experience. People were complaining about how the boost ruins the story of the game (these posts were mostly informative posts for those looking to be a part of the story the game offers). People were heavily suggesting that players should already have a toon at that level before being able to boost to slightly help solve inexperienced players at that level. There were so many more complaints I'm not even bothered to list out. It's true that it was accepted over there and those that hated it were fewer compared to those that were happy to see it come into the game, but to say people weren't complaining is ludicrous and a straight out lie.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kayla El Committed Player

What did i tell you the option to buy feats directly from the marketplace has finally arrived. Good job devs i suggest for the next year's anniversary gift (if the game will even last that long) to introduce the option to advance to the latest current combat rating and grant all the current in game feats except for the ones from the time capsules of course. Desperate times call for desperate measures too bad it won't do you any good. I understand the need to have the option to boost your level or combat rating to encourage more players to play especially since the game is 6 years old now but granting them some of the feats which some of us invested a significant amount of time to achieve as well? The surprises keep on coming!
    • Like x 8
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

B-ing about boxes...flaming over years old game breaking flaws...this is real...and to be expected...no idea why my getting a little further for free... while not hurting you or the game...or vise-versa...upsets ANYONE?? Thank you!!! DB...for something many might actually need or use...and it was freely given and not turned into yet another money-making stunt!
    • Like x 1
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*laughs*

So any seasonal content we get is a gift? I mean we don't pay for that (not referring to the anti monitor event). The free armory you get when leveling, is that a gift too? In a game, just because you don't pay for it does not make it a "gift".

I will apologize for "putting words in your mouth". Although if you go back and re read your post, it wasn't a huge leap, the way you wrote made it seem like it was unappreciated and therefore unacceptable, but I do apologize for officially stating what I thought you were referring to by following your own words.

In any case happy anniversary.
    • Like x 2
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I love that episode :p
    • Like x 2
  12. Tarif Committed Player

((~Repost. An anniversary gift this year thats just nothing more than an introduction advertisement for a new for sale item? Um...Okay. Thanks for allowing many new players to jump ahead and not get any kind of feel for the game first. Please read on.)) You Devs need to be very very careful with some of the mechanic changes you make. I have supported this game since beta, and I am not amused right now, at some of the things Im reading for the changes you have planned. If you make changes that do not respect the wishes of your continued customers, you will lose many of us. I am in a 200+ member league, nearly all of us legendary members each month, and we spend alot of money in game on the market place for replays and additional gear, offers, and supplies. I havnt heard one positive thing lately from any older player in the past month as they have read the forums and played on test. You are being warned by players on many fronts in these forums...are you even paying attention??? You are about to lose ALOT of long standing players and customers if some of these changes change the gameplay too drastically. Im telling you with all honesty, some of us are on our last nerve. To me, the best thing you have announced of late, is removing the CR differential to make stats matter again. That is the only thing that borderlines a sense of fairness to people that have put in the work for their characters. No one I know, is going to wait a year or a year and a half again for you, while you keep promising to address and "FiX" more changes that you decide to make, and that we feel once again ruins the dynamic of the game we have helped to grow. Im not the only voice speaking out, but by all means, check my account, and see how much money I spend on this game. You should really be paying attention when your oldest supporters are laying things out like this on such a magnitude. Especially from long time players that support this game very well financially, and rarely sound off on these forums.
    • Like x 4
  13. jeffmallet Well-Known Player

Once my year membership is expired, devs, y'all can do whatever you want lol I'm counting down the days.....
    • Like x 4
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Just saying STO is giving away a free t6 ship for they're anniversary they even let the community design it now that's an anniversary gift this "gift" is a way to boost replay badge sales.
    • Like x 5
  15. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

No really you shouldn't have. What is this? April fools? You're a bit early but nice joke.
  16. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Different people have different ideas about what skills the game needs. I have been kicked out of groups for not knowing how to do the Minotaur Trial (It was one of my first times there and after 6 times I still don't konw because if you ask they kick you out of the group and tell you to watch Youtube. you google it, go to youtube, and watch people run around for a long time with no explanation... one even took like 35 min to do the whole zone,) and kicked out for not doing enough DPS (some expect everyone to know how to use AM and Weapon Combos to get perfect DPS without any need for a troller or even a healer,) and I have even been kicked out for someone else lagging (They did not see me and started a vote and the others went along with it while not questioning why... all because the OTHER person had the real issue, /sigh.) So yes, the game is not rocket science, but there really is nothing to teach people their role until you get tot he end game and the role is needed. Everything until then is DPSed to death and to top it all off people expect you to know and do everything perfectly. But that is not all the problems with not knowing the game.

People here have talked about high levels not coming down to lower tier to play, but that is just not true. You need 99 bottles and 250 of each people, bombs, and pods to do a few Battle for Earth feats. So my 188 is still working through the 99 bottles. When I was at the proper CR for those duos I ended up grouped with a ton of people way over CR that blasted through them. No teamwork. Just rip through it all and I get the drops. Same for pretty much every duo, alert, and raid. I would get stuck on a wall (acrobatics) and be late to every fight and still get CR gear. Changed my items every day and up to 5 times every weekend day. From starting the game to 188, less than 2 months. That included playing around on several alts. All of this was because the higher CR people DO come down to lower tier to play because they need the feats.

I am still going for Stealth Bot Gamma in the Courthouse bottle. I have to nerf myself or I bug the instance by flattening things too quick. So I DPS the start, then swap to heals once the bailiff battle starts. I have asked people if they want to do feats, if they want to do 12 human jurors, if they want stealth bots, etc. NEVER get a reply. So even if a 188 tries to play with the lower CR people and work with them, the lower CR people don't always play with the higher CR. And the stealth bots are a real pain because when everyone else leaves, I have NEVER found one.

Giving people 100 CR does not help this. It does not really do much for alts. It has no lasting thing to celebrate being there for the moment of the 6th year.

They have Legends Practice, but not Role Practice. An instance with a 4 NPC team that you need to keep alive, aggro off of, or powered depending on if you are a healer, tank, or troller. Then, with a set CR cap, you would be able to properly test power sets and learn your role without causing a party to wipe because you don't have the skills they expect at your CR.

So, I am not happy with 100 CR because it is a joke as an anniversary celebration. This is NOT an anniversary item that is special or commemorates the moment. It is a change to the game that does not really address the issues of the game and will not necessarily fit in once Stats Matter.

OK, they want more money when it becomes a paid feature. Fine, it is better than Buy 25 (but don't get the proper feats!) I have NO issues with them wanting coin, as they are a business. But a freebie on the new paid feature is not an anniversary celebration.

I am also not happy with buy 100 CR as a feature because I know what issues a payer has when they get advanced rapidly. I may have gotten abnormally great drops, some luck in a few other areas, and bought some of the discounted keys when there was the 50% off sale that got me capsule gear. Still, I got to 188 in very little time and now get tossed out of Alerts and Raids because I don't have "perfect" skills as a DPSer or healer. Buying 100 is not going to help players. It will just hurt them.
    • Like x 5
  17. Faisca New Player

Can i change mine for the equivalente SC? lol

For real now, for those, like me, who play a lot this is kinda useless. My lowest char is like 177 cr and I have 7 chars, I know players with 20+ chars and all CR100+.
    • Like x 4
  18. eanur Well-Known Player

Considering the past 5 years worth of gifts were simply cosmetic that had no impact in the game and you never really saw them a month after they was introduced I cant really complain when I am given a gift which will actually save me hours of time and has a purpose in the game.
    • Like x 3
  19. jeffmallet Well-Known Player

Yeah, why would I want to make another toon that doesn't have Cosmic, Phoenix, or Void material. Let us buy our styles on other toons and skip to CR 100 might be desired!
  20. brokejaw1 Active Player

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the update, I was picked for the 2nd wave in Beta when Dcuo was with SoE,(PC side) so I have seen a lot of changes go down over the years, some good, some...well, lol, as far as open episodes, getting more ppl to play the game i dont think is a bad thing, but hell, just my 2cents Cheers!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.