Mepps, Is the event still broken?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritech, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Veritech Loyal Player

Relentless AM dps is the fastest way to finish. It only takes one dps to finish under 3min as long as one of the other headless chickens activates at least one gear while you do two.
    • Like x 1
  2. SnowStar Committed Player

I am an ice tank first dps second. I pretty much stay by one of the three cogs, tell my team to do the same, and range. I move toward the middle when necessary, block when needed, but I did note blocking did not seem to give me heals in my non heal runs. I am clamped from 116. I have only run it a few times, but they were all under 6 minutes. I did not notice if my team was also clamped. I always do the most damage, but as I said before I am primarily a tank and damage is second fiddle for me
  3. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

It seems easiest when I play on my ice tank because I can just pull all the mobs and if pop shields to keep myself alive, Nature healer is easy, quantum is easy, however if I get a bad group on my earth dps it just sucks (with no roles). I cannot compensate for players that do not know what they are doing as easily. I am to the point now where if there is anyone under 34 on my earth I just leave, unless they are playing a support.
  4. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

So far it seems easier now and while I have yet to beat it at the one min mark this was pretty decent for a pug.
    • Like x 1
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

Hello,

I have a new toon that just hit level 28 today. She has run both the inside and outside of the event since it dropped. I have seen only a slight difference from all the other years.

The inside has remained the same, but the outside seems to take a little longer. The difference I have noticed, is that when using Duel Pistols, Full Auto (which I always use for Seasonal Events) the adds don't seem to register every hit like usual.

That's it though. Idk what others are talking about.

Edit: Btw, I didn't read any of the responses yet. Sorry if I repeated some of them.

Edit #2: A bit more info on last run...
    • USPC
    • Fire DPS
    • No idea my SP's but I'm Level 28 and bought 6 SP's when I first made the toon
    • I have no clue what the other players CR or roles were (I didn't think to look)
    • I had 300k+ in damage. The next person in line had 93k. And the other two had 60k+ each
    • I used 2 soders (for power since I don't have a perfect grasp of the Fire AM I guess)
    • I did have to block for a few seconds, while in a healing barrel, and came close to dying
  6. MetalMario Loyal Player

Are you still taking heavy damage (2-3 shots before dead) from everything? You should include as much detail as possible if that's the case so the devs can investigate. If that's not happening, unfortunately it's definitely not the instance that's the problem.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

On my CR70 main, I was heading for a cannon and was one shotted before I reached it and not by Ocean Master either.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is your problem. Spamming full auto is lazy and silly. It's good to bang it out to get some CC and knock back but no need to span. I mix things up with DP and get great results. 2 shots, jump shot, slip shot, magnum round, rinse, repeat if necessary. Then I'll use the melee combos. DP has a smooth transition between shots and is quite easy.
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Just curious why you say it's silly?

For the outside component, it seems (on face value) to be a quick and easy way to take out the adds...they only take 1 damage at a time, so why put the effort into jump shot etc?
    • Like x 2
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol. Lazy and silly? Try effective. Plain and simple. Well, it used to be I guess. Seasonal adds always took the same amount of damage per hit regardless. So, "spamming" Full Auto was simply the quickest way to dispatch them. Now, the tap hold, jump forward move seems to work best.

Anyway, my point was that I have barely noticed any difference from the last 4 years I have done this event. I have done it with both a level 28 (and lower since that toon just hit 28 today) and my 126.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I don't have data either, but the other side of that assumption and without data I think it's just as plausible, the people 'really struggling' to complete this event probably
    (a) are still learning the game and don't massively care to the point where they're going to complain about it
    (b) aren't going to quit the game solely based on their experience of the event.

I know what spytle said in terms of people quitting in the brainiac ship because of mechanics and that is something that has to always be looked at, but you don't want to water down mechanics to the point of non existence just to please new entrant players. You have to find better ways of describing the mechanics and teaching people, not just outright nerfing or removing mechanics entirely.

Maybe there could be a warning come up on the screen the first time the consoles activate saying "press all the terminals" I know a similar messages comes up to warn you in metropolis city hall when arkillo powers up; could be something worth exploring in some low level content to help teach basic mechanics.

I think the primary people complaining about the content on the forums who quite honestly are already quite "in to" the game but just refuse to learn and adapt to content for the reasons I pointed out earlier.
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Ok Mepps, I am going to concede here.

I levelled a fire toon to exactly level 10 today USPC hero server. 5 power points and 6 sp. For AM purposes I had Absorb Heat, Flame Cascade, Enflame, with Fireball and Immolation as 2 powers I did not use. Weapon was HB using either solar flame or scissor kick combos.

Pug queued into the event straight out of the HIVE mission, and was grouped with 3 other level 10s all as dps. This was exactly what I wanted to test out.

Now I have run this many times on alts ranging from lvl27 to cr120 without issue, but we got absolutely slaughtered. We wiped time after time from mob damage, not even from OM.

The other guys were getting frustrated after about 6 wipes, so I offered to switch to a higher alt and finish it off for them.

By the time I had switched, two of the group members had rage quit and one brave level 10 was left. We opened up for matchmaking and had a lvl 20 and clamped 34 join us, all dps run again.

3:13 later we walked out. Shout out to mentalmoonspirit for sticking around.

In conclusion, the adjustments made were not enough to compensate for the stat buff and block issue. It actually is next to impossible for four level 10s to complete this event without higher help.

I still maintain that a full group of cr34 clamped players should have no issue at all.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Is it only this instance, I gather there have been no complaints about any event instances prior to this?

I'm curious as to whether you think this is an instance issue or maybe something to do with that CR scaling that came in on the recent game updates?

Maybe something is up with that in conjunction with the stat clamping? is this the first instance we've had since CR scaling and stat clamping being present together, I can't remember.
    • Like x 2
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

It could well be an issue of combined GU47 CR differential, and the stat clamping/block issues Mepps has confirmed. The fact that lower levels are not showing equip CR of 30, which they should if buffed correctly, makes me think this may be the issue.

Trying to take on a level 30 mob in open world with equip cr of 10 would produce similar results.
  15. Nodens Dedicated Player

I challenge Mepps and 3 Devs to bring four 10th level characters in there and see what happens. --Doubt it'll happen, tho.

"Working as intended".
    • Like x 1
  16. Sbel Devoted Player

Technical they can never confirm that "there's nothing wrong with the instance." They're just saying that they haven't seen a problem with it, that it seems to be working correctly.
    • Like x 1
  17. X-zero Loyal Player

One of the reasons low levels may suffer is getting overrun with adds due to lack of burn. Not enough pp for their am and not enough sp for their wm. And the game does seem to like to queue lower levels with other ones.
    • Like x 1
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

It's becoming clear that most of the people saying it's easy (myself included) are viewing from an endgame perspective. Level 10 to mid 20 will definitely struggle.
    • Like x 1
  19. Veritech Loyal Player

Just to add before people blame test server testers, you start on the test server at level 30. There's no way this could have been picked up as an issue before going live. It's safe to say everyone that tested this was clamped downwards and not buffed up to 30.
    • Like x 2
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

I just took on a level 30 mob with my level 10 and got the same result as I did in the event. I seriously believe it's a cr differential issue now.