launchpad

Discussion in 'LaunchPad Discussion' started by xeno, Jun 28, 2013.

1. xeno New Member

My launchpad won't update. It goes so far but then all I i get is Unable to write to C:/Users/...../Launchpad.libs/AwesomiumProcess.exe (attempt 1)
    After 10 attempts it tops and gives me a retry option. I have validated my game files in teh hope that would help but that made no difference.
  2. Feldon Forum Volunteer

Right-click on your Windows Taskbar and go to Task Manager.
    Make sure "Show processes for all users" is checked.
    Click on any AwesomiumProcess.exe you see and then click End Task.

Rebooting would also solve the problem, but I hate rebooting. ;)
  3. HalasRadar Member

Hey Feldon would please explain what the AwesomiumProcess is supposed to be doing?

Thanks?
  4. Feldon Forum Volunteer

AwesomiumProcess.exe is EQ2's built-in web browser when you type /browser. It is powered by an embedded version of Google Chrome and replaces the prehistoric Mozilla browser that used to be built into EQ2.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HalasRadar Member

Thank you very much Feldon.

Do you know if FreeRealms works with a modified version of Internet Explorer?

The problems I have with Launchpad seem to be related to how the browsers manage some cache files?

I have two computers and one is set for DCUO and the other for EQ and I don't mess around anymore cause all the other games seem broken.

I had three computers for while when SWG was live at SOE and did not worry about other game settings for years.

I would log on a Commando an Officer and Medic would putter around SWG for hours, good fun.

Now days Launchpad is most unpleasant.

I do not play any emulators; awaiting news that Disney will start SWG again.
  6. HalasRadar Member