Is it just my server or are the NC super disorganized?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by noobfeeder, Jan 10, 2013.

1. noobfeeder

I once heard that nation balance is decided by the type of people each faction attracts, as prior to B.C. the Horde was much better at PvP simply b/c they attracted the hardcore PvP types because the Horde were uglier.

On Helios I just have a lot more fun on my Vanu character than my NC character. On my Vanu there are good infantry fights happening all the time, everywhere. But on my NC, when the zerg isn't in full force, it feels like if I want to get anything accomplished I have to do it on my own. I know I'm bad but it doesn't feel very fun when everyone else is at a similar skill level. The sunderers are placed in absolutely ******** locations where you have to bypass an entire mountain chain to get to the fight, and when we do take land, its b/c we are in a huge zerg and we just brute force things, with a commander telling the entire nation to come to area X, Y, and Z. It doesn't feel as close to as intelligent or as organized as a Vanu zerg, where there are battle lines, air cover, tanks ducking in and out of combat to heal, very little random tk, etc.

Maybe I just log in at bad times, anyone else have similar or dissimilar experiences?
  2. Choggo

I feel you man, I play NC on Connery and its horrible, one of the reasons I picked this server was due the the largest NC outfit playing here, and its just really bad. The only time we win territory is due to sheer zerg numbers.

Heck there are nights were we have 70% of the pop on a continent and only control 40%...just sad.
  3. MilitiaMan

NC has a pretty high learning curve vs the other empires which adds to this.
  4. Morpholine

Two nights ago, Esamir?

Yeah, we enjoyed doing that.
    • Up x 1
  5. Raneman

NC on Mattherson is the best. SG, GOON, Templars, what's not to like?
    • Up x 2
  6. NoctD

Its your server. NC on Genudine are perfectly fine. I gave up on Jaeger NC though but I think they've gotten better since the time I left quite a while back.
  7. Jaxxx

I play VS on Mattherson, and yes the NC are a Kickass bunch over here, always a great fight to be had with them.
    • Up x 1
  8. footjam

Agreeing with Jax. The NC on Math are the best fight to be had, no ridiculousness like with the TR and the suicide ball that rolls around the continent. The NC always show up for the fight and don't give up. Sometimes I think that is why the TR roll around in the ball, they can't find a fight with the NC and VS always fighting over Tawrich.
  9. Choggo

Yeah it was the other night...VS had 12% pop and you guys also controlled around 40% , my month just dropped and i went straight to Indar.
    I give the VS on Connery a lot of credit, most nights they are only around 26-30% world pop and you guys really kick butt. TR also tend to do well and maintain organized fronts. NC...well 70% of them are fighting at the crown...the rest are running around like headless chickens.
  10. Choggo

This is very good information as my outfit plans to transfer when it comes available.
  11. Wily

I play NC on Helios as well... I'm not even sure what 'organized' means in a game like this. The vast majority of 'organization' I see from any faction pretty much starts and ends with, 'Hey everyone! Horde up and head to the nearest enemy base!' Zerg until complete, move on to next facility.

One tendency I've noticed, it *seems* to me that the NC seem to attract most of the people who are mostly interested in playing straight infantry, while the other sides seem to have more of a mix.

Possibly it's due to the Reaver having such a bad rep, possibly it's because the Magrider has such a good rep. Not saying anything about whether they're both balanced, the perception is all that really matters in this context. It seems to me like everywhere NC goes, it's mostly infantry unless it happens to be a total vehicle zerg rolling through almost no resistance. It's rare that I see a bunch of infantry being supported by air and armor in an actual battle.

On the flipside, it seems very common for mixed attacks to come at us from the other sides, both VS and TR, though VS seem to do it more on Helios. It seems very common to me on Helios for the VS air farming machine to roll unopposed for a long time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my perception.
  12. Rivenshield

Different empires attract different personality types. Once there, the weapons and equipment reinforce certain styles of gameplay. Since 2003, the NC have been a big happy killing machine that runs straight at you with their hueg gunz... but with very little support or organization.

You've always been this way. Trust me.
  13. KraggTheGrim

NC on Jeager are about the same. Cant seem to fight their way out of a paper bag.
  14. Blackholedreams

I play NC on SolTech and have yet to find a squad that really works together at a high level. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of groups that play "together," go to waypoints, and take stuff. I just don't see much in the way of tightly coordinated tactical play.
  15. noobfeeder

Meh after playing both my chars a bit more today, to summarize the Vanu overall I think have less super high skilled players, but instead they attracted people with decent tactical thinking and coordination. The NC has plenty of lone heroes that have incredible K/D's, and everyone else are wannabe's of them. Too bad they don't work together.
  16. MasonSTL

disagree, it seems it is all about what time your on the sever. 3pm- 1am is the best window. What outfit where you EZC? cause they are pretty much cannon fodder
  17. Fear The Amish

NC on waterson have their moments of supreme organization but seems that they have kinda given up on the cont game lately.
  18. AstroCat

I'm NC on Mattherson and I'd say we have a good bit of organization sometimes even across several Outfits. I'm pretty happy with Mattherson as a server and plan on sticking around.
  19. Hosp

Dear OP:

Just because they're the biggest NC outfit doesn't mean they're gonna be effective. There are other large (albeit not as large) though much more organized outfits on NC Connery.
  20. MasterChiefette

On the Helios server the NC are a chaotic mess, though they do have some good players and Outfits, and I think this has an impact on their effectiveness over all. On Genudine...when the NC moves - it is like a mass of angry army ants. It may not look pretty, but it is effective and works. NC on Genudine know how to zerg. :)
    • Up x 1