Never seen so much hate between enemies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TintaBux, Jan 10, 2013.

1. TintaBux

Do you factions really hate each other that much? So much slagging of each other on here, quite sad really.

Meanwhile some of us like me have a player for each faction and no bias, we just see this horrible hatred as childish at best and it don't help anyone flaming each other all over the forum.
    • Up x 2
  2. Morpholine

Have you ever seen in the news any report about a football (soccer) riot?

Same kind of sentiment.
  3. Dubious

There is hate everywhere in the world... why you think we have wars?
  4. Blue

It's awesome right?
    • Up x 1
  5. Wily

I see it on other games I play too. It's not that uncommon in online games.

It's really an odd thing to consider. It's not like you have to go through an application process to be accepted by any faction, it's a matter of clicking a button. Somehow people wearing their Faction X underoos seem to think a person on their side must be swell, and the guys on the other side have something wrong with them.

I just don't get it.

Of course, I have a feeling most of the time it's just trash talk, I think there's a subset that actually believe it on some level.
    • Up x 2
  6. Nenarch

It\s only against Vanu.. atleast that\s how it feels every 3 way fight it\s always hate towards vanu as we like purple..
  7. kill

It's not at all.

I am not partisan about my faction at all. I don't get it.

It's one of the things I dislike about games where they force you into factions. I hold no loyalty to my own faction or the people in it. The people who fight next to me might as well be my enemy. I would gladly shoot them. I have absolutely no relationship to them. At least in this game YOU CAN kill people who are annoying. In a lot of faction based games there is no way to even damage your teammates.

I am however loyal to the guild/clan/whatever I am in.

The only time I talk about factions is when there is talk about game balance. Other instances where people generalize the people who pick a certain faction, or talk about factions being gay or something is just juvenile bullshiat.
  8. smokemaker

I have 3 characters, 1 of each faction.
    I do not hate any one faction. I hate the players.
    I enjoy killing you. I do not care under what banner you fly above you.
    I am here to insure your digital death.
    that is all.
    • Up x 1
  9. Xiphos

TR gives the NC good fights and vice versa. Vanu just spam vehicles all day.
    • Up x 2
  10. Morpholine

I'm pretty ambivalent about all sports teams myself, but you cannot deny there are downright rabid fans out there.

The "hate" you describe is the same thing, with a liberal dose of internet anonymity for seasoning.
  11. SGTalon

Obviously you lack commitment TintaBux.

The people that are very faction oriented are usually PS1 vets. Over 10 years of fighting the other colors, it becomes ingrained in you to be against them.

It helps that everyone knows that the Stinkin' purple Barneys are elite snobs that are unable to understand the concept of physics so they make vehicles and weapons that ignore it.

And the Dirty Blue Smurfs are just dirty, low life scum, that couldn't hack it in a real military outfit.

So it is obvious that the best choice is Terran Republic. We aim to bring order and honor to the world. How can that be bad?

Besides it is so much fun :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Badname3073

Maslow's pyramid, 3rd level.
    • Up x 1
  13. Eugenitor

The problem is that most people in this game, period, can't do anything without overwhelming advantages- ESFs, zerging, explosive spam, etc. So when your position gets overrun it's nearly always by a laughably oversized force- making most people go "Really, <faction>? Just.. really?"

Combine that with the cheap deaths that client-side hit detection creates and you have a recipe for rage and contempt.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheBloodEagle

definitely sexual intimacy
  15. Flying Mug

For certs?
    • Up x 1
  16. PurpleOtter

There is the Terran Republic and then there are targets...
    • Up x 1
  17. Badname3073

18. MiZrY

I hate my teammates more then my enemies most of the time. I can shoot the other factions and be rewarded.... I shoot my teammates and I get punished.

All joking aside :rolleyes:

You pick a team. Being in a team pits you against other teams which creates competition. With competition comes trash talking. Which for the most part is all in good fun, but some people take it too seriously.

If you red, you dead
  19. Kimeni

Err.. It's called enjoyment through immersion. We arn't logging into a picnic, you know? I'm VS - It's my job to wipeout the backwater primitive TR and NC. If anyone has developed any real animosity against the players of another faction... well, they have more serious issues at play.
    • Up x 1
  20. BalogDerStout

When I started playing I couldn't care about faction loyalty honestly.

However, recent events have caused me to hate the NC, mostly because of their mossies. They really do honestly desire to die.