Please keep spamming Q!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Krugus, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Krugus

I'm here on behalf of my Faction to Thank each and every one of you that spams Q IE the Spotting key while your trying to sneak up on me or one of my squad mates. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Happens every single play session. I'm unaware someone is close by till they start spotting me or one of my squad mates now we know you are there and we hunt you down and kill you or prevent you from killing us :)

Yesterday on Indar, a squad mate and I was in my Prowler about to blow something else up when from behind we hear, Enemy has heavy armor in the area! My secondary gunner quickly looks behind us and there is an Engy sneaking up behind us so I move forward and we open up on him before he could lay down some AT mines or C4 not sure what he was about to do other than stare at the Deploy Screen...

Another time are rolling into another base and what do we hear? Enemy has heavy armor in the area! We look around and find the LA guy doing his superman gag only to get lit up by my secondary gunner.

Then another time my squad mate is repairing my tank and I hear "Hostile engineer spotted" and I think oh you don't know the half of it! I quickly look around and see a Heavy about to shoot so I let him have it with both barrels of my HEAT Cannon...

So thanks for the advanced warning!

- GuyWithAGun
    • Up x 1
  2. Grotpar

I like to think that people who do this rage and yell at their screen "ahmagawd how did you know I was there, you hacker!"

Unfortunately, nobody ever confirmed with a tell.

You know when I use Q?
    When I'm flying. When I just jumped out of the safe room. When I'm gunning in a tank/sundy.

Anywhere else, it's just far too dangerous to do that.
  3. Zitroxious

haha yeah i see this a lot of times aswell, i dont bother with it unless theyre more than 20 meters away.. or running away when im reloading.. ive had it so many times that someone in my back spots before he shoots.. costing him his life..
  4. SharpLight

I spam the Q button so much my finger starts to hurt sometimes, I get a lot of spot bonus xp :) Although latley I have been holding back when I get behind a player, I've given myself many times by spotting a player from behind, but now I run up to them and gun them down :D
  5. Wily

My personal favorite is when they are alone, inside our base in an out of the way hiding spot and start jabbering about all the enemies they see. I am often tempted to say in local vox 'I can hear you, y'know.' as I open up but it's more fun to just backshoot them and let them go on their way wondering how I found them.
    • Up x 1
  6. KariH

But when you mark it same time you reveal yourself
    • Up x 1
  7. Hosp

People do it so much, and sometimes at such stupid times, I'm under the assumption they have some sort of 3rd party doing it for them since they're not turning it off. Course, it's just an assumption.
  8. Jurav

Wow, I thought it was some kind of bug. I hear it constantly and I could not believe that many people actually hit the "Q" key that much. I have never used it once.
  9. BrickaBracka

Lol yeah that's a good one. I play a lot of infiltrator and i learned pretty quick that q is best reserved for the right moments. I like to use it when i see an enemy approaching friendlies positions to give them some advanced warning. I also like to use it when i've spotted a sunderer or tank that's causing a problem and wait until a friendly air flies over close enough so that it might be on their mini-map to use it. Had an infiltrator the other day who kept calling out my sundy...so i just followed his voice ;)
  10. Grendalsh

Your understanding of teamwork is impressive. Please continue to not spot for your faction. Vanu thanks you for your efforts.
  11. Wily

Yep. I use Q occasionally if I'm expecting the enemy to be at range and see some stuff far away that might be enemy. If the battle line has gotten to CQC, I immediately stop hitting Q.
  12. Dubious

I only use Q when Im either driving or when im Sniping
    Easiest way to find targets to shoot at
    If you cant see your enemy, spam Q and fire away
  13. Ayabe

Makes it more fun to get them to turn around so they can see my Piston in their face.

Not using Q is a fail guys, you're not helping your team. You are the guy screaming over coms about the LA, no one knows what you're talking about, where you're at or any of that. Save everyone the trouble and Q that Mf'er.
  14. Germanius_GER

The "noob button" saved your live.
  15. Morpholine

True story:

My outfit is largely offline, and I'm in a mood to lone wolf anyway, so I go infiltrator, sneak way behind enemy lines to a spot near the Crown, and begin sniping in a target rich environment (TR and NC were duking it out around me).

A short while in, I hear two NC, one male and one female, spamming spots to each other nearby.

A small amount of sneaking, and two shots to the back of the head later, and NC is down a pair of snipers who had the audacity to try and move into my hunting territory. Moving to an overlooking cliff and taking them out as they searched for where I had been was icing on the cake.

Spotting is great, but not when one is (ostensibly) trying to be stealthy.
    • Up x 1
  16. Bloodmyth

I heard the old "Spotted an Infiltrator" warning yesterday, I was quite far back from the main action so Immediately ran around the corner dropped a mine and waited, sure enough the poor fella walked over it.

I soon learnt that shouting something out without thought can be bad for your health :)
  17. Dubious

Well doh!
    Only use it if you lack targets and/or know you are alone
  18. Flarestar

I've never understood why in a world with hovertanks, plasma weaponry, orbital drop pods, and immortality, we're reduced to yelling at the top of our lungs to alert friendlies to a hostile presence. The anachronisms in this game are truly mind-boggling sometimes.
  19. Morpholine

Don't forget the short-range teleportation.

I'd expect an auto-track IFF HUD overlay myself, but that comes perilously close to the various third-party cheat programs.
  20. Flarestar

And gravitic elevators, while we're at it.

It would make more sense if your squadmates simply heard a computer voice of "Infiltrator detected" or whatever. Just a really jarring mechanic the way it's implemented now, plus the whole spotting yourself for enemies issue.