500 member outfit; 4 active all day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by snu, Jan 9, 2013.

1. snu

title says it all. where did the population go?

cant find fights

cant coordinate since everyone left the game after vacatoin.

the cert costs are too high and unachievable with current populations.

discuss.
  2. Fear The Amish

Disagree on the cert costs

Finding fights i agree
  3. Ak69

Certs are fine, they need to add more metagame, more things to do like ps1, more vehicles, mechanics, strategy, less CoD like simpleness.

Populations are getting lower, way too many servers, they are offering transfers as a band aid and also another way to capitalize.

More players are needed, hopefully once they fix the metagame, and do some more promo well see more players come in.

If it stays like this, mergers are needed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dkamanus

Most went out due to the horrific performance, even on beefy systems, while there are at least 4 ways to go around that problem. Others though this was a Sci-fi Battlefield 3 with Cash shop and left in disgust. Others left because, due to a lack of metagem, though the game had become bland and went offline while waiting for meaningful changes.

Those who stayed are either loyal fans to the game, people who don't care much for the objectives part or masoquists anyway xD
  5. LameFox

This is what happens when you throw invites at every random who looks at you funny.
    • Up x 8
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

population is probably half of what it was at peak. 4 out of 500 indicates that the population is at less than 1% which simply isnt true. your outfit is the exemption, not the rule. /thread
  7. Goden

The reasons why people leave is usually one (or more) of these 4 things:
    1) Bad performance
    2) High prices
    3) No metagame
    4) Lack of balance

I feel they are all legitimate complaints and are not being taken as seriously as they need to be.
  8. DrBashir

9. Slyguy65

SERRRVEEERRR MEERRRRGE....

They screwed up time to fix it...they released a game that still needed a bunch of simple features (THEY WILL BE FINALLY ADDING AT THE END OF JANUARY)

They did not start out with continent lock hence why it feels like the game is empty....

They need to either implement continent lock ASAP or merge some servers...
  10. TheEvilBlight

If the game had maintained its high pops, we would cont lock by default at the max of 2k per cont. But we're not.
  11. PharmD

The whole philosophy of SOE is just wrong. I was listening to a TRay interview the other day and he essentially said they feel justified in launching a game in such a bare bones state because it's free to play. He said because players were having "fun" in beta it was a good time to launch. No, I'm sick of this whole free to play mentality. It doesn't give you an excuse to launch a poorly designed game with no meta. You only get one MMO launch and if you **** it up, you **** it up.
    • Up x 2
  12. Slyguy65

Yep...its called justifying your mistakes...adults love to do it...I learned that at the age of 10, I also do it now myself...IMO we never change...no matter what age we make mistakes...the older you get though...the better you are able to BS your way out of them...
  13. JudgeDeath

About 25% online from 270 during week primetime. More on weekends obviously.

People have left servers due to multiple reasons but Id say for "invite everyone" outfit activity is not really a good indicator to base assumptions on ;)
  14. snu

85-90% of members were recruited ONLY through platoon-performance.

not the "random invites" you are thinking of.

FUN FACT: 29,000 accounts on at any given time before jan 1st.
    Today, less than 10,000

pops are at 39% of what they were last year. (no, these arent steam-only demographics_
  15. Zarth

Might be all the college kids who went back to college. and maybe people actually went back to work in real life and all the other people that have stuff other than play 24/7.
  16. Cyridius

What happened was a bad outfit.

That is a fun fact seeing as you have nothing to back it up with.

Go peddle your doom and gloom to people that care. The populations are fine. The number of servers is not.

/thread.
  17. Spookydodger

Some outfits picked up members like candy and then the next bit of blind shone in the distance. So hard to use this as a metric of populations.
  18. snu

19. Cyridius

No I wont leave your thread.

Why? Because you're talking a load of ****.

Even though the burden of proof is on you, because you made the claim, not me, I will show you a steam graph for your disease-addled brain to process.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=218230q202990q730q209870&from=1340146800000&to=End Time

Oh yeah and thanks for proving to me you're a mindless tool that can only show me a post by some other person, who is ALSO wrong, instead of arguing for himself.
    And by the way, that thread isn't a ******* source.
  20. Moxin

Actually it does not matter if it is free to play or not (except the content and gameplay quality is missing), players want a quality game with good gameplay content and they would pay for it.

The problem I see with the new trend "free to play"

* games are developed around the "ingame shop" which is the most important part for them since its their income
    * the game content is therefore more about the "ingame shop" instead of content and gameplay what people would love to see, the direction of the development did change.
    * a "free to play" merchandising actually weakens the community since not all players are dedicated to the game,it draws more attention to cheater, to game hopper or whatever
    * sub based mmos got developed so most people stick with the game for longer time, therefore they tried all their best to develop
    good gameplay and new content.

The new "free to play" trend does not aim anymore to develope a game what people are looking for but rather a game as a cash machine...and I have the feeling that the quality of games suffer from it. Iam talking about free to play games in general.

I have mixed feelings about the future of mmos.
    • Up x 1