"Server transfer token available in Depot"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ItchySox, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jestunhi

Those free players can create characters on high pop servers without having to worry about losing their SC, since they have none.
  2. RayDrazon

Yes but realistically, 90% of the free players would rather quit the game than to start all over on another server just for the population. If they do quit, it'll only harm the PS2's already weak player base.
  3. Aghar30

Ah the 4th faction wins again soon we will only have 3 servers, each one will be full of only one faction and nobody gets to play, god damn whiners wanting server xfer cause they are losing.
  4. RayDrazon

I'm playing as VS on SolTech which is a low population server. Want to know who's winning the majority population?

It's VS.

So why do I want the server transfers to be accessible by free players?

It's so that PS2 won't have empty servers that makes people want to rage quit.
  5. WetPatch

Simple way to make this fair is to make the first Transfer free.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nate

Close low pop servers giving all those players free transfer tokens.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bucketnate

It's an MMO. How many MMOs let you change servers when ever you feel like it?
  8. Tenzin

Stop with this "It's an MMO, MMO's charge for transfers" bull. Firstly, Planetside is primarily an FPS.

Secondly, Most traditional MMO's are playable on dead low pop servers, because you can play the game without needing to meet another person. (solo questing) Allowing said developers to charge for transfers.

Since Planetside 2 is primarily an FPS, you NEED to be on a populated server for the game to be playable. In that case transfers should not carry a fee, unless it's a transfer from a populated server to another populated server to play with friends/outfits. Unfortunately, most people who use the planetside 2 transfer will be transferring from a dead server to a (hopefully) populated server.
  9. RayDrazon

/signed
    • Up x 1
  10. Skadi

11. r3su

12. SolLeks

we could make server xfers to low pop servers free, and have xfers to high pop servers cost some low amount of SC ($5 or less). Also set a limit on how many times you can xfer in a set amount of time?

just an idea.
  13. Zecthans

For some people it isn't ''Optional''.
  14. Shockfrosted

Like cell phones?
    Yes I agree, some people are just intolerably spoiled and entitled.
  15. Aghar30

yeppers, you can always roll a level 1 if your server is just that bad, hell you can probably get a sc refund if you whine enough to SOE. (they tend to refund SC rather easily cause if you have SC you have to spend it on their game)
  16. khord

pffft, you might as well lump that in with gasoline as well, because without either one, I personally cant do my job... not everyone works in the salt mines you know. This game isnt anything without a decent population.
  17. Zecthans

Yup coming from someone whos from Waterson who has no population problems. Some people would actually need to buy a Server transfer if its a under populated server or just Imbalances. And Aghar30 some people have invested a ton of money on characters , so If I was just to create a new character on another server I would have wasted that sum of money that you've spent on the character which basically has no server population. Thats why people are wanting Account wide SC unlocks.
  18. hellaskan

If the server population is dying or dead, and the gameplay and challenge both suffer greatly from it.. in other words, if the server outright sucks and people want off.. at that point, after a fair assessment by the devs, I believe a transfer should be free.

If you want to upset me as a potential paying customer, have a game that has flaws or issues to the point where people leave, and ruin my enjoyment in your game.. and then try to make me pay to go somewhere else in a virtual environment (database transfer) and charge me for it. I will leave and not return.
  19. Pat Cleburne

I'm TR on SolTech and unlike most other TR I have stuck it out, but as soon as this comes I am out-E. Unless people come to SolTech and balance things.
  20. medbot544

GW2 has free 7 day CD transfers. Yes it's a buy to play game, so not really a F2P game however I personally only bought the box which amounts to 1/3rd what I have paid so far in PS2. Initially GW2 was no CD transfers so the players could sort out the pops themselves (and it worked imo) but due to problems of people hopping to the winning Wv3 server: it was changed to 7 day but still the fact remains that transfers still are totally free there. So, yea; one more main stream MMO with free xfers.

Anyways, willin to bet this is SC only to ensure you will have to pay RL cash to get off a dead server. Why do it for free when you can make money knowing many have no choice. It's money in the bank.

Still, at least they will be offering this service. Now remains to be seen how much they will gouge us for it.....I will guess a bare min of 1500 SC.