Whats the Reavers trait...?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Highduke, Jan 9, 2013.

1. FigM

but joking aside, if Reaver is really supposed to be least agile and easiest to hit, it should at least have like 30% more health than other ESF
    • Up x 2
  2. MilitiaMan

Being a technological marval, it's a plane and a brick all in one!
    • Up x 5
  3. iller

It USED TO, but only when it was allowed to take full advantage of its suppos-ed "Mass/Intertia" advantage that was later patched out (and didn't matter anyway b/c you lost that extra speed as soon as you had to take evasive maneuvers like any non-braindead pilot would when being pursued).

Better "Afterburner" means nothing if you can't turn+accelerate fast enough at the same time with it to lose Heatsinkers on your tail like the Moskie always does.
    • Up x 1
  4. Phsychotica

I really don't know what they were thinking with the Reaver. It's like they wanted to make all the ESFs the same by making them default but then only did it with one ESF, if that makes sense.
  5. Jestunhi

Last time I checked it was still faster.

Do you have data to back this up?
  6. Ghostfox

Was supposed to be more armor and better AB speed(and dive speed by nature of being the heaviest)..

But armor and health was normalized for ESF's.. and inertia is broken for all vehicles but hits aircraft the hardest.. which means that the Reaver's 'advantage' is hit the hardest.
  7. Iksniljiksul

Since they broke "gravity" a few patches back, it has nothing.

It's the hardest to fly.

Mosquito has the best fighter potential, because if done correctly speed rules the air (hit and run is realistic dogfighting, turning in circles repeatedly is not) and missiles go dog**** slow for some reason.
  8. Tactics

search up the forum user spadar and faint. They have posted a lot of info on ESFs.
  9. Brusilov [TR]

I heard dive speed is broken at the moment...
  10. BadLizzard

apparently it's strength is in ramming, because that's all I ever see them try to do.
  11. Abyll

It's that hitbox, and its ab speed. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Malonez

Reavers have the highest AB speed (like 350 something) where as a mossie only hits like 330. The mossie goes 244 stock when hovering where as you'll go like 210 stock.

Other than the highest AB speed, which doesn't last long, you also have the highest damage A2G rocket pods. Other than that the reaver is trash.
  13. MiZrY

I've flown all 3 ESF's a great deal.... obviously the Reaver more as my main is NC. I have unlocked ALL the performance upgrades for the Reaver. I've done a lot of personal comparisons between the 3 ESF's

1/ The Reaver with FULL speed upgrade is almost the exact same speed (give or take approx. 10 kph) as a Mosquito with no performance upgrades. They Mosquito is also more maneuverable then the Reaver.... meaning in a turning fight, the Reaver will lose most of the time.

The Reaver pilot against an equally skilled Mosquito pilot will lose almost every time, UNLESS the Reaver gets the jump on the Mosquito and aims true.

2/ The Reaver will never be more maneuverable then the Scythe. The Scythe also has a slight speed advantage. Same result's as fighting the Mosquito, you will lose unless you get the drop on them and aim like a champ.

Now don't get me wrong, I've shot down plenty of Mosquito's and Scythe's.... most of them were poor pilots though and definitely did not use their ESF to their full capabilities. Against a competent pilot you just pray that they make a mistake, because that's your only option, and be ready to capitalize on it when they make a mistake.

Also, after putting about 30 hours into flying a Reaver..... I feel like the Red Baron in a Scythe or Mosquito. You have to work a hell of a lot harder in a Reaver to be competitive which translates VERY well into the other factions ESF's.
  14. Fear The Amish

They actually make great A2G platforms with the faster AB and high damage rockets.... but yeah Air 2 Air wise they definitely lack something.
  15. MiZrY

In my opinion having more health won't solve anything... will just take slightly longer to kill you. If they plan on keeping the Reaver gimped in A2A maneuverability, give our A2A cannons more damage.
    • Up x 2
  16. Morpholine

They're blue, and yellow. A lot of the time, anyway.
  17. Verinas

They broke inertia and dive speed, its like a flying coffin now.

It used to be a nice plane when it could hold on to its AB speed for a while after using its AB, now its just very clunky and slow.
  18. AntiDemocide

Working as intended.

It's NC. Deal with it.
  19. MiZrY

The Scythe and Mosquito are just as good as A2G platforms.

The Mosquito can unload its Rockets and get out quickly.

The Scythe can easily maneuver to get its Photonpods on target, maneuver away and quickly re-engage the target.

As for more damage from the Reavers rockets, I honestly have not noticed a difference at all from all the factions A2G weapons.... all 3 are effective.
    • Up x 1
  20. FigM

In my experience, 30% more health is actually very useful when doing ground bombing runs. It may have some benefit in Air to Air fights, specifically when ramming already damaged enemies