Whats the Reavers trait...?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Highduke, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Highduke

Mosquito got the super fun speed... Scythe has that somewhat harder to use, but better maneuverability... So whats the Reavers "trait"?
  2. MiZrY

It's the easiest to shoot down.
    • Up x 19
  3. Flarestar

Being slower, less agile, and the easiest to hit.
    • Up x 8
  4. Wily

Supposedly armor isn't it?
  5. FateJH

... uh, flavor text says better afterburner and good dive speed.
    So, they crash faster, or something.
    • Up x 9
  6. Compass

It looks airworthy.
  7. smokemaker

To die.
    It hates to fly.
    Huge hit box. Its the easiest to hit with main gun.
    And the noise it makes. Its by far the easiest to hear and counter due to its screaming and clawing thru the air.
    • Up x 4
  8. Jestunhi

9. Yil

Best speed in a dive, most armor.
  10. phungus420

I don't have a reaver, but do play with a sythe and mosquito alot. And yes, the sythe has noticeably better maneuverability, likewise with the mosquito's speed (personally I think the speed is better overall, but people's tastes will vary). Reavers do have much easier hit boxes to shoot down then mosquito's and sythes, and mossies are the hardest to hit. In all honestly mossies should probably be scaled to be a bit larger and thus easier to hit as they are definitely a harder target, likewise the reaver could be shrunk a bit. Other then that I have no idea about the raw atributes of the reaver as I haven't flown one yet. I'd like to wait until all the server stuff settles down before making an NC character.

On Connery and Helios the reaver pilots are by far much better then the other opponents I face. Seems like I only get shot down by mossies or sythes when I get swarmed, and it's rare to find a pilot in one of those who actually schools me. There just seem to be alot more skilled pilots in Reavers for some reason, at least on those two servers. So even if Reavers are worse it doesn't seem to effect things in the sky any.
  11. Aragato

It is designed to be similar to the US A-10, where it is slower but has more armor. This makes the Reaver more survivable. As for the ease it is to hit, I believe it was proven that the Mosquito has the largest hit box of the different ESFs.
  12. phungus420

Well they are damn sure harder to shoot down with my sythe then reavers, so I don't buy it.
  13. Chubzdoomer

Big, bulky, and mediocre all around.
  14. blackboemmel

i upgraded my reaver with tons of certs and SC. it made me sad what an average pilot i seem to be with it, although i practised sooo many hours with it (BR 38). about an hour ago i tested the mosquito and the scythe - without any upgrades. guess what? i felt like the king of the skies with them.
    this is just an anti-balance joke or something like that. or is the NC meant to be the faction for professional gamers and heros only? (i also tested the TR's stock HA weapons, and they felt like my fully upgraded EM6.)
    • Up x 2
  15. {joer

Its like a sky prowler!

The reaver isn't as awful as people make it out to be, its not like bad reaver pilots will become great other faction pilots by virtue of shifting sides, but its definatelly worse than the scythe and mossie. Scythe is the best because it basically functions as having hover 2 out of the box, while the mossie does have some speed but its not enough to be really that major of a difference. The only time it matters if if they are already very far away from you and ABing away.
  16. Tactics

Best AB? LOL actually Scythe can AB faster than a reaver going over 400km and Best dive doesn't exist after Update 1. More survivable? WTF? all esf have the same health.

Stop spouting nonsense when you know nothing.
    • Up x 2
  17. FigM

Whenever I see enemy ESF chasing me, with no hope of winning, I nose dive into the ground with Afterburner to deny them the kill - works every time.

Reaver trait - best trait!
  18. Benton!

It's makes GREAT wreckage to spruce up your base!
    • Up x 1
  19. Tactics

or you can just pg down decon and deny kill.
  20. Xanrn

The Dive Speed doesn't work since they broke Inertia.

Go to 1,000 metres, aim down, hit afterburner and watch as you SLOW DOWN during a dive when the AB finishes.

It has the same armour and hp as the other 2 ESFs.

Reaver has the biggest hitbox proven time and time again.
    • Up x 2