[Suggestion] The game is no more fun..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cannibalisme, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Cannibalisme

I've been playing PS2 for more than a month only and i'm already sick of how the game is designed and its flaws. it's simple, you log in, you follow your zerg, you capture and you log off. There is nothing epic about that, sorry.
    It's like developers intentionally made the game boring while it could be much exciting game.

Pretty sure there is less and less players in the game and it's sad, devs should really think about redesigning the game to attract AND keep people playing PS2. Here is some suggestion that you may not agree with but i'll list them anyway:

- LESS territories (there are only 2 or 3 fights every continent what's the point having 50 territory?)
    - Give a victory or defeat goal (like something to motivate people, outfits to brag about...)
    - Defending a territory gives a bonus % on every action you've done there.
    - A big icon on each attacked territory by enemies on the map. (i know they show it by a darker color, but it's not a good indicator)
    - Turrets should be repaired faster and resist more
    - Tanks should be tankier.
    - If you deploy a sunderer, each time someone respawn at it, you consume mechanical points.
    - More AA options.
    - A small chat tab that list what is happening in the continent (x is attacked, enemy platoons detected on x...)
    - Respawn building Are useless, sometime you see 10-20 ppl trapped there vs 2 tanks and 1 LIB 1 heavy.
    - I'm no sure if it's already the case but, Inf should move the fastest, light assault fast, engi and medic normal speed and heavies the slowest.
    - raise the cost of all air and ground vehicles (cause zergs with vehicles only is stupid)
    - Decrease C4 damage.
    - Make a tutorial mandatory for every new player.
    - Bring the mechas already!!!

2. siiix

so tell me a game that is better ! ;)

some people like it...

here i have a few too

make all weapons the exactly the same damage... difference is purely estetic
    eliminate all vehicles.. .instead make teleports between bases
    eliminate all explosives
  3. Cannibalisme

Zerg was never the problem, it's the result of the major problem: lack of meta. And thanks for insults but i know what i'am doing, i palyed the game with different ways, still the same game.

@Siiix Please read before posting, or don't post. and yes there is plenty of games better than PS2, a larger scale fps doesn't mean it is good.
  4. WarTourist

Speechless.
  5. Cannibalisme

Sorry sir?
  6. Leetsarge

He's trying to say that he doesn't even know what to say. Posting your grievances with a game and it's developers whilst not having a functioning command of the English language may strike some people as appalling.

I'm going to comment on some of the suggestions you made that I find interesting:

- A big icon on each attacked territory by enemies on the map. (i know they show it by a darker color, but it's not a good indicator)

It flashes, mate. It doesn't get much more obvious.

- Tanks should be tankier.

Which tank/tanks, and what exactly do you mean? Do you mean to say they should all be more resistant to missile fire?

- More AA options.

You have ESF's, Skyguards, AA turrets, Burster MAXes, Annihilators, G2A missile launchers... deterrents are adequate, IMO.

- A small chat tab that list what is happening in the continent (x is attacked, enemy platoons detected on x...)

It takes very little effort to check the map, where all of this information is presented in PICTORAL format.

- Make a tutorial mandatory for every new player.

I believe the Devs have stated that this is in their plans.
  7. BigMacDeez

8. Ak69

Never played ps1, though i did watch a whole bunch of videos that were posted show casing planetside 1 on these forums.

I have to say, as someone who has spent $120 on ps2 and happy to invest money into things that make me happy, planetside 1 looked like it had better mechanics and was a better game, sure the graphics are now dated, but if we had planetside 2 with the depth of planetside 1, would have been mind blowing ! BR53 in ps2 now and i feel the game needs a lot more depth. Very shallow game right now.
  9. BlueyTheWolf

when was the last time you played there is no defense bonus for over a month.
  10. D0n

It's funny because people asked for C4 damage increase in beta.

You mean make it so that it doesn't go through shields.
  11. Leetsarge

Tonight. If I'm wrong I will edit my post. Thanks for pointing it out.
  12. gudman591

So you have no fun in this game and you suggest devs should just outright kill PS2 like they did with PS1, am I getting it through?
  13. Otleaz

Everything in the game is designed for a reason. Unfortunately, most of the time the reasoning involves either tricking you or forcing you to pay money.

This is where your boring gameplay comes from. SOE tried making an F2P FPS even though they lacked any understanding at all of how either F2P or FPS games work.
  14. wrenched

wow, learn to think for yourself and make your own adventure.

If you want to follow the zerg, follow it, but you kinda sound like you wern't happy with that experience. Stating that you just did it over and over seems kinda strange : /
  15. Cannibalisme

Bunch of trolls, it's pointless to discuss soemthing here. The game is PERFECT as it is enjoy it. I hope devs will never update it again :)
    FYI, i follow the zerg cause it's the only effective way to play the game. What do you want us to do? Capturing bases solo? takes too long and not fun. Defending? you'll be crushed hard.

16. FateJH

Found your problem.
    • Up x 3
  17. Stadulator

Well, first thing is first, doesn't sound like you have any friends in game or an outfit...Fix that first. OR start making your own squads.

Secondly, as others have said, avoid the zerg. Take your squad/outfit and branch off from the zerg (not going so far that you won't see other players but will still have a fight relatively to yourself.) If I see the zerg heading east on Indar, I go north using Zurvan (i'm VS btw) as a jump off point.

We (two squads numbering about 20) took and held crossroads tower against a FAR superior force of TR last night. The zerg was to the east of Tawrich. When they sent the first armored colum up, we all went HA and ENG. When it got to be too much we pulled LIBS.. and won. Analysis of the battle field + teamwork.

And btw, myself and two other random guys held off about 10 yesterday at Ti Alloys. Honestly, the skill set of the attackers was less than great but I digress. By using ani personell tactics and appropriate classes when called for I racked up some really nice exp. My point is, not sure why you think defending = crush. I spend a LOT of my time defending bases and usually end up with a nice kill count and a healthy chunk of exp.

Start thinking outside the box OP. Stop expecting the game to be served to you on a platter and you'll have a lot, LOT more fun.
  18. Yil

Wrong, the game is fun.
    • Up x 1
  19. Liquid23

oh Mechs didn't kill PS1... it was already in the grave... BFRs were just the nails driven into it so it could never climb out again (they were worried it might become a zombie) :D
  20. Ronaldspiers