This is just not the Planetside I used to know...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dasichri, Jan 5, 2013.

1. RedPower

Continue to comfort yourself PLEASE ;)
  2. Uben Qui

Honestly, who is trying to comfort themselves? Me pointing out that no one uses Steam to play the game, or the guy who thinks a program that is useless in this F2P game is being used by everyone, and so has credibility? :rolleyes:
  3. Mold1184

Planetside, has been out for almost 10 years now.
    Planetside 2, almost 2 months.

Give it some time to grow people. Come back and b*tch about it in a few years if nothing have changed by then.
    (inb4 ITS ALREADY DEAD! ITS GOING TO DIE NEXT WEEK! etc.)
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

What's your source for these numbers? I'm curious, because SteamGraph is showing 8,958 at it's most recent update (which appears to be noon today).
  5. RedPower

OK, I am trying to comfort myself,and ps2 server high all the time like before ;)
  6. RedPower

all servers is high,not Mediun,not Low :D
    i am trying to comfort myself hard :cool:
  7. RedPower

8. Gambles

Kind of a bad example seeing as how both of those sequels are vastly inferior to there predecessors....oh wait...yep.
  9. Cl1mh4224rd

10. RedPower

Sorry
    NOW:
    PEAK 11K
    LOW PEAK 4K
    4K ~ 11K
  11. RedPower

Sorry my misstake
    4K~11K i mean
  12. RedPower

10/12/12:
    PEAK 25K
    NOW:
    PEAK 11K
  13. Uben Qui

I think you are missing my point by a mile so I will do my best to try to illustrate it more.

If this was a game like Shogun2;Total war, where you HAD to run Steam to play it, it would have a ton of credibility as something that showed player base numbers and increase or decline. It is not though. There is no need, even if you downloaded it through Steam, to continue to run Steam in the background. So it lacks anything concrete for the argument, doesn't it?

It is hard to use as a point when it could be a case of less running Steam in the background because there is little to no reason to. At that point Steam is really just a friend system with a glorified chat program, isn't it? Now you want to use the population indicators on the servers, that has more merit, no? At least that is counting ALL who log in, rather than using a chat system to denote player log-ins, correct?

I am not justifying that the game is not losing people.. frankly I cannot tell until the devs release numbers from the back end. To use Steam figures though? That is as good as using TS3 numbers, or Skype numbers or any of the other programs that are not needed to play the game. Programs that are hit or miss with a majority of the current player base. And that, is the bulk of my point. :(
  14. AzK

Give ps1 f2p for people who want to play a decent game already, because the changes needed to make ps2 decent would take ages, especially when the dev team has no idea what they're doing + really flawed visions about how things should work.
    • Up x 2
  15. RedPower

I know what u mean,yes,this numbers are not all steam ps2 player,but it still can show us the trend of ps2 ;)
  16. RedPower

This guy is one of the best PS1 NC player ;)
  17. Sleazy

ppl defending PS2 at its currents state simply never played PS1. blessed due to ignorance.
  18. RedPower

yep,so many people never playes PS1,so sad ;)
  19. Uben Qui

I believe the question comes down to how they would make it F2P and what they would put on the in game store for sale. Whould you accept them putting half of the current weapons PS1 has currently in the store? I mean, PS1 is riddled with hacks so they are going to need a staff of GMs to patrol it, and that team will need to be paid. So, how does that game make money with the F2P model?

Then if you place these weapons and items in the store, do you take them away from the current player base that has had accounts? Is it a case of needing to design cosmetic items to have something new, taking more people involved, and needing more money to be brought in?

Quite a heavy set of questions that I am sure they are toiling with.
  20. Hpool aka BigNutz

Sure.. I played PS1 from 2003 till about 2008/9 then gradually faded.. Why? Dated graphics, Predictable player base, HA, Pshield, Second wind Mossy whoring tower bailers.. bad netcode, Exploited by people like AzK & Korndemon for his A D A D spam.. Or 3rd person wall exploiting, Hackers.. yep peeps.. vets complaining about hackers in PS2, They were rampant in PS1 too. Planetside 1 would die a horrible death with today's FPS players, Mechanics have moved on "vets" need to move on. If you don't like it don't play it.

I hope they do bring F2P for Planetside 1 and let's see what sort of numbers spike it gets like the vets are claiming, i went back for the free month but would i sub to it again? hell no.. it was slow boring and full of exploiters. The only two things they should add are NTU to bases and the lattice - keep classes.