[Suggestion] Predominantly dark camo for NC and TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talizzar, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Talizzar

It would even the playing field at "Night"
    • Up x 1
  2. BlamTown

Uh what? Prowlers are black.. That's the best type of nighttime camo. Turn your lights off
  3. Jac70

Don't know about the NC but the TR already have a very effective 'night' camo. Don't know which one it is but it makes their troops dark red and black.

It's all pretty much irrelevant anyway when there is 3d spotting in the game, night makes little difference to matters.
  4. Mold1184

I don't get it.. Bright blue and yellow is the best night camo ever. Oh and don't forget that our infiltrators glow in the dark. NC IS OP!!!
  5. JWizzle

Zebra. Or digital.
  6. Gary

Thats Alpha squad, whilst it makes you slightly darker it makes you all red painting you out for NC and VS who will have no hesitation to shoot you. Currently VS have the Night advantage in default camo since its purple and blends better. Currently no camo is available to hide you at night!.

I don't think it would work anyways the Camo's are not the problem, the problem is the nights are to light! I want nights that require Flashlights/Thermal/NV. Nights which i lit up by the vehicles with the head lamps on that are effective enough to blind infantry when looking at them. Nights which have pitch blackness and the only light is coming from a base and when that base has a shield generator taken down the side with the generator blacks out!
    • Up x 1
  7. Vreki

That would require that either:
    • You only play night maps at night
    • You live in a basement
    Dark night maps are great as an option, but not good in PS2 where you have no choice.
    For me, PS nightime is already close to unplayable during real daytime. And blacking out the entire house is not an option.
  8. MarcusD

Yeah, it would be terrible if anything in the game needed planning.
    In my opinion, Nights should be dark, and night vision shouldn't be the preferred sight to use whenever there is an enemy infiltrator, but I might be biased on that point.
  9. Littleman

Do you sit under a spotlight?

Most everyone has been complaining about how bright nights are. They've made night brighter since beta to combat performance issues and disencourage players from picking up the flashlight, creating a ton of dynamic light sources (far more taxing than static light sources.) I just leave my headlights on anymore for effect. No one's going to miss me with them off, I'm a giant black Nintendo console moving across a sheet of gray or white, depending on the continent. All night does anymore is wash every over in a blue hue and desaturate colors.
  10. Vreki

No, I sit in ordinary room with natural lights coming in form the windows.
    It is not reasonable to expect people to play in almost completely dark rooms, even less so when they have no choice in when to play night maps.

Nightime could easily be darker when it is aslo dark IRL. But it doesnt work during daytime.
    Unless you want to allow people to customize the brightness of the game?
  11. QuantumMechanic

I get the feeling that art-wise SOE has a ton of stuff that is done and they are just keeping up their collective sleeve. It doesn't make any sense for them to make everything available right from the start does it?
  12. WUNDER8AR

At daytime the VS default camo stands out pretty much everywhere.
    Indar: dark purple vs. green fields, ocre rock formations and deserts = loads of contrast
    Esamir: don't get me started on this one
    Amerish: see indar. though VS camo blends in with the background slightly better since Amerish appears to be slightly darker in general, but that said, this also helps the TR.

Indar is absolutely in favor of the TR default camo at daytime. red vs. ocre/ orange. blends in pretty well on most parts of the map. way less contrast compared to dark purple vs green/orange. Esamir is a pretty level playing field for all factions. None of the default camos blend in really well at daytime.

At night TR is only slightly more visible than the VS from my pov. Now take into account that the VS is shooting glowing plasma balls and the magrider being a mobile disco once the sun goes down, we have yet again a pretty level playing field.

NCs default camo is certainly unfortunate to say the least, regardless whether it is day or night.
  13. Littleman

I was more implying you're the only person I've seen since beta to say nights are actually dark regardless of brightness in one's room.
  14. AnnPerkins

I think the closest we as TR can get it the forest green camo.
  15. Talizzar

The Zebra TR camo works better in the dark. You stick out like a beacon in bright areas during the day.

The request was for a camo option similar to VS where it is mostly dark, with just a hint of the colors. Purple and black are very close and VS is very hard to see in darker areas of the game especially at night. For me the coloration tends to blend in much better than the TR and NC.

If you played DayZ where night is really dark, you would know that you can turn your contrast and brightness up on your monitor and you and you now have NV.

They could make nights a bit darker.
  16. Zerbious

All three factions have a form of digital, but I find it odd, even though the swatch shows them as X-black-white (x being the color of the faction). TR's digital is dark red and black, VS digital is dark purple and black.

Both are very hard to see in the dark, my friend has both and neither had white or a lighter version of their color in it. I bought the NC digital, but unlike the other two factions, it has light blue in it as well as the dark blue. I haven't seen it on another player in the dark yet, but from what little I can see on myself, it isn't as dark as my friends TR or VS.
  17. VexTheRaven

Dude, fix your monitor settings. I have no problems playing at night in a brightly lit room, as long as there's no direct sulight (IE: Sunset) on my monitor.