TR Weapons Are Rigged

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rejemah, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Rejemah

This is absolutely ridiculous. Every Terran Republic weapon has better speed and damage than their cross-faction counterparts.

Don't believe me? Go through each faction and start on a Heavy. That Carv T9 will get you way farther than the other weapons you can buy on NC and VS. Not even Alpha Squad weapons come close to the freaking Carv.

I swear this has something to do with the fact that the entire Weapons Dev Team is composed of TR players. (Minus one, I believe, who is VS)

Playing NC is absolutely asinine, because the damage is too low, it takes way too long to kill someone, and recoil on every weapon is absolutely ridiculous. Even the stock sniper rifle for Infiltrators require you to get out of scope and pull back your bolt to reload a bullet into the chamber. As TR (not sure about VS), I don't have to do that. I can sit and snipe all day and stay in scope.

Need I pull out that weapon damage spreadsheet as well?
  2. -lOldboyl-

3. Baotkne

0/10
    • Up x 1
  4. Jestunhi

Oh dear... an NC going so far as to claim having a OHK sniper rifle by default when the other factions have to buy one is a disadvantage.

Is there anything some people won't do to claim they are the underdogs?
  5. Ganelon

Twitter feed you can see on the site:
    Smed.
    NC.
    VS.
    VS.
    PS2.
    SOE Help.

I sure see a lot of TR representation there.
  6. Xiphos

NC and TR weapons are pretty closely balanced. I have a BR 44 NC and BR 42 TR.

Some VS weapons are too easy to control though in my opinion.

If you think the weapon data from game files proves that NC is underpowered then I must say that you're mistaken. See link in my sig.
  7. TheBloodEagle

10/10 for Unique & Original thread.
    • Up x 5
  8. Sebyos

9. NightFall

common, lets all jump on the TR bandwagon!!!!111

I did
  10. Noxx(ia)

I'm deleting my response in realization that this is a troll post.
  11. Keifomofutu

Your scatmax is showing OP.

Until that stops being twice as effective as an infantry shotgun while the TR/VS counterpart have the accuracy and power of a single lmg fired exlusively from the hip I just won't cry for you. You whine about a 5% difference while your max dumps 5x the dps of the others.

Before you say range with slugs scatmax is probably more powerful at just about any range than its TR/VS equivalent.
  12. HerpTheDerp

Well, no point in reading past this line, is there?
    • Up x 3
  13. SenEvason

Better speed? Yes. Better damage? What are you smoking? Too many times I've unloaded into an NC's back and he just turns around and 3-shots me. TR and NC are the most balance they have ever been right now, to where you have a 50/50 chance of either side winning.
  14. Kracken

LOL, love all the TR stating L2P. I mean if TR weapons were better there would be more TR than any other faction right?
  15. Kracken

He is calling out the weapon teams for PS2, which in fact is 95% TR.
  16. windexglow

TR seems to have the better infantry, but vehicles (both land and air) not so much.
  17. MarioO

The first one was a NC. And that for a reason. I'm so happy there are at least a few intelligent people in the NC...
  18. Rejemah

I'm spec'd in Medic and Engi with a Piston as my primary weapon. I don't use MAXes, hate how it moves and fires.

I've had this same experience, yet I'm NC and the TR is the one who turns around and kills me in a split-second.

There ARE more TR on my server. Lately, there has been a 27% and 28% population for both NC and VS, while TR has been up in the 40th percentile. TR has been owning 2 continents as of late, with the third being owned by VS. NC is entirely outmatched compared to the TR's weapons and the VS's air superiority.
  19. gunshooter

You're using one of the 3 fastest ttk weapons in the game (the other 2 are both common pool shotguns, and the gun you're using has an exact 1:1 tr equivalent), how are people turning around and killing you other than you missing?
  20. ImGladUmad

• Up x 1