[Guide] PlanetSide 2 is pay to win

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cute-CandyPants, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TribbleFluffer

Or they just suck, im a free to play member and i kick butt just fine. i havnt spent a single penny on the game and i dont see any need to.
    • Up x 1
  2. D0n

To put this pay to win at rest, let me just say that the cost of a game is all you need in this game to be on par with anyone, surely the play for free method may not work correctly but in games like LoL if you paid money for "extra" specs, you were almost at the same advantage as this game has it right now, it is minimal on newb levels but at pro levels noticeable.

No I am not a fanboy or Iamgladumad but this is the truth, there is no such thing as play for free if you play pro, every little detail counts.
  3. Cute-CandyPants

buy the bomb attachment for the liberator a perfect example of pay to win
    or wide spread attachments for tanks and lightning etc

people dont realise the evidense is right infront of them and they are to stuborn to admit it xD

sorry folks but the game is pay to win,i even gave a pretty good description on the matter stating the game is pay to win

but does it matter that the game is pay to win thats what you need to ask yourselves and this is what i was trying to discuss
  4. Nokturnel

My definition for pay to win is pretty simple.

Can you pay to have an advantage over other players?

If the answer is yes, then, it is pay to win. True free to play games are very few, League of Legends being my primary example. Yes, you can pay for heroes, but all the heroes are actually extremely well balanced as well as free on a weekly basis. (Also don't take very long to get for free) Funny how without trying to be greedy, Riot Games became extremely successful just by selling "camouflage and helmets" as one poster pointed out.
  5. Cute-CandyPants

so does it realy matter that planet side 2 is pay to win

its not a devastating game breaking pay to win because the free to play users can get the equipment (eventually)
  6. Cute-CandyPants

thank you

if you can buy any form of advantage in game with realy money makes the game pay to win.

thanks for clearing that out :)
  7. Nokturnel

The massive drop in population leads me to believe that not only do I dislike the pay to win aspect, but I'm sure other players do as well.
  8. Supercakers

So you are trying to tell me that the Lasher for VS is some sort of massively OP weapon that will, single-handedly, make me own the battlefield? How about no, it's not!! It's a weapon for (unfortunately) certain situations, that calls attention to you from every visible corner of your current battlefield, certain to bring you death. Unless you are indoors in which case you will get MORE death. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lasher and happily paid 1000 certs for it after researching it on the forums of how people reviewed and giving it a trial etc. But a Pay 2 Win weapon it is not.

It's not pay to win, it's pay to acquire different kinds of weapons more easily. Maybe some weapons are better for a certain application or playstyle, but they are not pay to win the WHOLE GAME. And you know what? They've had double exp twice now, they had double exp for almost two WEEKS straight for the holidays! I made probably 4000 certs in those 2 weeks, and I either play infantry, or use a tank maybe 5-10% of the time, I barely have a KDR over 1/1 because I run in first and don't hide in the spawn and just get a little rambo in general.

I don't have membership bonus or boosters or anything, and still made 4000 certs in those 2 weeks, which means I can expect to make around 4000/month with normal exp, and that's if I am NOT trying to farm certs in a Lib or an ESF with pods or something!! Imagine how many certs people get that have all those exp bonuses and DO try to farm!!!

They have a fine line to walk with weapon releases, with trying to bring out new and interesting weapons, but not make them totally replace current versions that we already have. But you know what? If you do want that weapon, you can pay $ for it or save your certs and buy it like everyone else.

That's the thing, there are very few items that are SC buyable only, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of them are infantry or vehicle weapons.

Oh yeah, they also had triple SC day as well. So weapons that would cost $7 cost what... Less than $2.50?? Hardly breaking the bank at $7, let alone for 1/3 the price.
  9. Liquid23

you can buy a horn for a Flash therefor p2w!
  10. Achmed20

its you who doesnt understand it.

if there would be a weapon ONLY AVAILABLE for SC, and this gun had like double dmg and highest ROF out there, then its "pay2win".
    If this gun is also available for free in any way (farming certs/grinding), then its not.

it is kinda unfair yes, since it takes ages to farm certs without any sort of XP boost, but "technicaly" its not pay to win.

"Let he who is free of sin, cast the first stone"
    i recommend you to just invest millions of dollars into a game and then make it absolutly free to everyone, with no type of payment of any sort.

they invested money, they need to gain something. thats how capitalism works. this world wont work without money so better get used to it.
  11. Awass

You obviously don't understand the connotations of "pay-to-win". It's an insult. You're saying that it's pay-to-win, but not in a way that's that bad. But that's not what everyone else means by "pay-to-win". They mean unfair to a point that it hurts the game. You can change the definition all you want, and then call PS2 it, but it won't mean anything. What you're really saying is that it's not pay-to-win in the traditional sense of the word.
  12. Awass

@Cute-CandyPants
  13. Nokturnel

NP dude, don't let these guys get ya down. They just don't like to admit they're paying for an unfair advantage.

And that's why I can't stand pay to win games. Everyone should be on as balanced and fair ground as possible, real world money should not have an effect on gameplay, I already have to deal with real world money in real life, when I use video games to escape to my "fantasy worlds" I like to leave that **** at the door. Your income shouldn't affect your gameplay.
  14. Vertabrae

I'm not saying you can't pay to win. I'm saying don't be pissed about it. You get a free game, and your complaining because someone else chooses to pay money to buy something and you choose not to? Do you get mad if I buy a high end sports car and you can't beat me in a race? No it isn't fair. It isn't supposed to be. I pay money, therefore i get access to things others don't have yet, and may never have. Anyone can do the same. Don't get cranky because you choose not to. Make your choice, and live with the consequences.

P.S. on a small side note. The forums do have a spell check feature. If you type and a little red line comes up under something your wrote, you spelled in wrong. You have 5 little red lines in your post, not counting "lol" which really needs to start being included in spell checks. It's used enough it should count as a word by now.
  15. RaZz0R

So if you care so much and like the game - buy soem station cash ;)
  16. Cute-CandyPants

i didnt make this thread to slander SOE, i made this post to educate people on the catagory planet side 2 comes under,and unfortunatly because you can buy upgrades and faster progression boosts puts this game under the pay to win catagory,like i said before and another person on this post put it.
    if you can buy any form of item that helps you ingame excluding vanity/costume items puts this game i nthe pay to win catagory.

its pay to win, stop being stuborn give up and just admit it,i know some people wont let it go and think they are right on the matter,but its pay to win.
  17. Nokturnel

You know someone is losing an argument when they have to point out grammatical errors in forum posts to make themselves sound smarter. Not everyone cares if their grammar and spelling is 100% perfect. I figure long as you can understand what they're saying who cares? It reality it just makes you sound like a pretentious *****.
  18. Cute-CandyPants

you dont get my point,im not being a butt about it, im just putting it out there and giving information about the game being a pay to win game.got a bit fed up of see'ing people putting ps2 is not pay to win when it is lol

alot of people posting on these forums with false informtion or unaware of other things
  19. FleshIcon

With certs coming in very, very slowly to the point of annoying I can "see" what you mean. However it is still F2P.

You don't actually need to buy weapons. The default stuff is fine once you upgrade your character\plane\tank it will do just fine. You may not have the freedom to lock on to enemy tanks or shoot down air to air but you will have a role to play. Also, you don't solo in this game. Stick with friends, upgrade your items and you will do just fine.

Besides, if people are unwilling to support this game by giving Sony some cash then shame on you.
  20. Cute-CandyPants

i know write and even those grammer ****'s like the one you quoted misspelled a few words lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.