Hackers are ruining this game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gravage, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Submerse

and let's see what SOE is going to do about this.
  2. Nacasatu

That hack with youtube you linked is actually an old one at this stage and been known about for quiet a while. They charge something like 10 dollars a month to use it. They've also released a vehicle aimbot now.

Sucks :(

Big money in it too if you think about it but even more of a loss for SoE. You could guess that for every few new players who just join and are enjoying the game, then get ripped by some cheater who ruins it for them, some of those players will walk away from the game where once they were considering subscribing and buying SC.
  3. Moonlite Quality Assurance

We are extremely active behind the scenes 24/7/365 on those breaking the rules. We take it very seriously. Please can I ask you though not to /report these folks, but rather to send in a ticket with their name and a good description of what's up to the CS team.

To do this from inside the game do the following:-
    Press Escape
    Click Support at bottom left of screen
    Then Ask for Help
    After the browser loads in the dead center of the screen it has an "Open a Support Ticket" link.
    Then you will be required to log in.
    Select Category as In-game Issues - Community Standards (If you do not select this your ticket may be delayed)
    Please make the subject Suspected Rule Breaker or something as obvious
    Please make sure you include as much detail as possible in the Incident section
    Character Name is YOUR character name not the person you're reporting.
    Make sure to press Continue or Submit and if you have done it successfully you will be given a reference number.
    You will always get a response to your ticket this way. Doing a /report you will not.

From outside of game go to:-
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/list/p/5833
    Middle tab says Open a Support Ticket
    Then you will be required to log in.
    Select Category as In-game Issues - Community Standards (If you do not select this your ticket may be delayed)
    Please make the subject Suspected Rule Breaker or something as obvious
    Please make sure you include as much detail as possible in the Incident section
    Character Name is YOUR character name not the person you're reporting.
    Make sure to press Continue or Submit and if you have done it successfully you will be given a reference number.
    You will always get a response to your ticket this way. Doing a /report you will not.

We will never tell you the outcome of an investigation because we do not disclose action taken on an account with anyone but the account owner, so be aware of that, but I will assure you every ticket you send in will be investigated.

I hope that helps to clarify some points, but let me know if I can answer anything else!
    Moonlite
    • Up x 10
  4. Boris

I suggest stickying this.
    • Up x 5
  5. Wobberjockey

sure, but if i may ask, does /report go through different channels? are tickets higher priority? or is it just that tickets get replies?
  6. Moonlite Quality Assurance

All 3 kinda.

/report doesn't bonk anyone over the head to say Oh a report just came in.

Tickets are higher priority. What reports are traditionally used for is when someone calls you a name that makes you cry you /report nastyperson which captures what they said in a state that cannot be altered by you or them and sends it to us. You then follow up in a ticket and say to us, "Hey, that nastyperson called me a name that made me cry, but fear not Mrs. (Yes, there are female GM's) GM, I did a /report to back up my claim!" The GM reads your ticket, pulls the /report nods her head while smiling at your profficiency and then smacks around nastyperson with a trout.

Only tickets give you a peace of mind knowing we are looking into your issue as we let you know we are, and we don't with /reports.

Let me know if that's not clear :)
    P.S. I hope you have a sense of humour!
    • Up x 10
  7. Gavyne

Thank you for clarifying. I think the planetside 2 playerbase was lead to believe to simply /report name. Now that we know that's not enough, and that we should've opened tickets, it makes more sense.
    • Up x 3
  8. Eyeklops

Seriously? I know you may not have designed the system, but it needs improved. How about adding a parameter to the /report command. Like, I dunno "/report lastkiller". If the /report command is followed by "lastkiller", or some other magic word/name that SOE wants us to use, it forwards the name of the last person who killed said player and any relevant information to CS. If you want the community to help you weed out hackers, help the community by giving them easy tools with which to do so.
  9. Moonlite Quality Assurance

You're absolutely right and we're working on that as well. But, for right now, we ask that you send in a ticket. As soon as we have /report working where we want it to be I'll let everyone know. I'll send along your specific feedback and ideas to the clever folks too.
    • Up x 3
  10. XStormfire962

OMG another HACKER post! All if you see or know someone is hacking report them and the DEVS will do their job. They will monitor them and if they are truly hacking then they will be banned. But do not expect an instant banning just because you think they are. The DEVS first want to monitor these players and see how they are doing it so they can put prevented measure in place. Also remember one final note these so call hackers could be having lag issues which from your point-of-view they are hacking. While on their end they could be saying you are hacking.
  11. MurderBunneh

Ha ha cool story like I don't know the difference between lag and when a guy teleports right to my face or back.
  12. XStormfire962

Ah dude not all are hacking. That is latency issues in the game and a lot of us are aware of it. My outfit has a lot of members that build, program, write software, setup networks and etc. So I know what I am talking about.
  13. Kaisuke7

yah this has happen multiple times, Im sitting back pick heads off up in the rocks, I cloak cuz I hear something, i turn around and a max right on my face!?? no way he got up here. I cloak and run, take a few more heads and finally died, I responded and guess who is in my base the "restricted area", the same NC Max, so yah sure its happen to other just confirming what going down with this game. Teleporting right on camping snipers as if the class wasn't hard enough to fine a nice spot..
  14. synthetix

Holy crap no wonder there are so many hackers. we have to do all this each time we see one? It takes us longer to report them , then it does for them to make another account...
    • Up x 6
  15. WeEdNL

This game needs admins in-game who can monitor gameplay and observe suspicious behavior, this is an FPS game, not some normal MMO, to ensure gameplay stays fair hackers/cheaters need to be banned quickly! it is the only way!!!! a ticket system is way too slow on cheaters who are massively ruining the gameplay.

I don't understand why SOE does not understand this, the servers need to be admined the same way BF3 servers are being admined, there is no other way, you have punkbuster, use the screenshot function, have invibisible admins spectating the game, give them the tools to ban and to retreive account names in case they delete their characters and do it all over again.

The current anti cheating measures are not fast enough.

If you cannot find the money to hire people to monitor the gameplay then this game will be lost to hackers.

End of story.
  16. Skadi

is that why a very noticeable hacker has been running rampant for 3 days straight?
  17. Nacasatu

Moonlite, appreciate the feedback in the thread here on this but what you've said is different to what we were all told or led to believe was the way to report hackers (via /report).
    It's easy to type in /report but it's a chore to open up the support site in game (or alt tab and open it via your own browser) and make a ticket each time. Honestly like, on some servers if you were to do that every time you encountered a hacker, you'd spend more time filling out tickets than actually playing the game. So in the end, if this is now the only way really to report hackers then I'd fear people just won't bother half the time and the cheaters win.

I'm a little miffed this is the case really as I actually thought those I have been reporting in game via /report were looked into when in reality it would seem that all I did was throw a flag up on someone which most probably will just be ignored.
    In saying that though in fairness, of those that I have reported, I've rarely seen any of them in game again at least on that character so maybe others were making tickets also.
  18. iller

This is what I've been telling people for weeks now.... Glad it was finally confirmed by a support Rep though.
  19. IshanDeston

How about a 2nd command /reporthacker ?

You could leave the old system in place, and it would be sepperated from the original one. It would be a quick fix and a stepgap measure. Writing a ticket is unpractical. I don't want to stop, close or tap out (which sometimes crashes my game), log into the support to write a ticket. That is way to much effort for a Hacker
  20. Tarrnation

As a solution to the complexity of the reporting system, I suggest a revamp to the in-game scoreboard. For instance, add some clickable icons next to player names to report them and when clicked, it should ask for a reason for the report (hacking, exploiting, grieving, etc.). Also, there should be a comment box so players can state specific details pertaining to the report.

While you're at it, add some tabs to it so you can see more details such as a "killed by" tab (which would also help with reporting hackers) and squad/platoon/outfit scores tabs and whatnot. Also, add a drop-down box that allows us to change the time frame such as hourly/daily/monthly/lifetime. Being able to view class specific stats in this interface would also be a welcome addition.

That's my 2 cents at least...
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.