Smedleys last post on twitter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jourmand1r, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jourmand1r

It was 5 days ago.

Coincidence? Probably.
  2. Wasdie

The developers and whatnot worked for 6+ months at nearly 24/7. I think they earned a break.
    • Up x 2
  3. Fox234

They already had a 2 week vacation. Try again.
  4. Clay Pigeon

I'd rather he work on the game than twit around on twitter...
  5. Wasdie

2 week vacations is nothing. Try 2-3 months after a long haul like that.

I've been telling people not to expect any real major changes to this game for another few months as a lot of the dev team gets many weeks of vacation after a launch of a game.

This is how game development is. The guys in charge usually get a lot of vacation after a launch of a game.
  6. JustSe7en

As a developer of a game, you have certain things expected from you. One big thing that is expected of a dev is to keep the game up and running, at a rather polished state. You don't release the game, then go on ******* vacation and basically completely isolate yourself from the HUGE game you just released, then come back the next week or month, and expect your player base to be alright with it.
    • Up x 9
  7. Flarestar

He's pointing it out as odd because Smedley is very vocal on Twitter regardless of what time of year it is or what else is going on. This is actually the longest I think I've seen him go without something.
  8. Jestunhi

This is all well and good for single player games.

MMOs need support, they need to be kept running.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lord Robert

I noticed it as well. Hope he is ok.
  10. Daedrick

There is an official website and forum for a reason, Im really not a fan of twitter and find that extremely annoying when any developer use that terrible SMS piece of crap.
    • Up x 3
  11. FnkyTwn

If there weren't so many glaring issues with the game that need to be fixed, then i'd agree that they needed a break, but it seems like everybody went on vacation a little too early.

Also, there should be somebody who works there that answers questions on the forums. How long has it been since we last had any sort of official post or contact other than holiday soe sales? It's one thing to go on vacation.. its another thing to completely abandon a new game for a month with zero input. I don't see how you're going to have a 25+ year plan for a game that can't even get the first few months right.
  12. TheEvilBlight

I suppose they're working on Everquest Next as we speak.
  13. FnkyTwn

or Smedley got the axe and they're waiting for Higby to get back to work to announce it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Eyeklops

The game does not need Smed around to progress. He is the CEO of SOE, not the PS2 lead creative director. Higby however needs to get his behind back into the office. I would recommend he start with a large helping of damage control because the current state of the game seems to have really stirred up the playerbase.
    • Up x 1
  15. Sleazy

maybe he's got sacked ?
  16. Fox234

Don't get my hopes up. Thats not nice.
    • Up x 1
  17. DEDMON

The CEO did not get sacked. Higby just got back from China. Give the team till next Monday 1/7/13 to get back in the office. The wheels will start turning again.
  18. Flarestar

Given his fixation on "Make Everything F2P" despite F2P's demonstrated lack of long-term financial viability for ongoing development that's actually a possibility. But a remote one.

More than likely he's just busy not giving a ****. He does that from time to time.
  19. 13lackCats

What do you do for a living.

Don't lie.
  20. Tobax

Jan is meant to be a good month for PS2 and according to Smed's tweets, plus Higby's own tweets back up that they will be back at it fixing and adding stuff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.