planetside2.exe " problemas " → problems

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by henrickbr, Jan 3, 2013.

1. henrickbr

Good Morning to All, I am in Brazil, and trying to access the game, and am having problems. First game did not update, now it's the following error "Planetside2.exe stopped working" I use WIN7 64 - I used all methods to boot the game and did not work at all. The game was working fine and now no more. Sorry, but my English is not good
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Where exactly are you encountering this error message? Does this occur every time you attempt to play the game? Please provide us with as much specific information regarding this issue as possible and we will be happy to assist you further.
  3. zyzbravo

Meeting this message, whenever I start the game, the screen goes black and the game does not load and closes with this error message. The game was running normally
  4. CommanderCane

I'm encountering the same exact issue. Game was running fine before. Nothing changed on my end (Hard- or Software, Settings, etc).
    Windows error message "Planetside2.exe has stopped working" after I press the "play" button on the launcher.

Running Win 7 / 64bit
    16 GB Ram
    Radeon HD 7990
    Latest drivers

Steps taken (new try of running the game after each step):

Game restart
    Reboot
    Driver Update
    Validated Game assets
    Reinstalled
  5. zyzbravo

I am the creator of the topic. So the problem is the same, nothing has changed and it is with this problem. I thought it was some kind of restriction for users here in BRAZIL, it is not. It is a problem of the game launcher.
  6. CommanderCane

I could identify and solve the problem on my end.

I am playing PS2 through Steam and if I start the launchpad.exe manually from the game's folder and not through steam, it runs without problems.
    So it seems for now that Steam is the culprit.
  7. zyzbravo

I have not had the same success as you manually tried, but it seems that the game refuses to respond to the command to start. Here in Brazil nobody is able to access the game, could someone explain to me, how the game worked and now it does not?
  8. zyzbravo

Can anyone help me solve the problem?
  9. zyzbravo

I want to say THANK YOU to all. I managed to solve my problem, at first I did not set anything on Win7, but acknowledged WIN the game and now the launcher without funcinou and ERROR. The solution was simple, put the game in compatibility mode with Win XP and updated the files of the launcher, the launcher, validating files. The same who have the problem, try to do the same with persistence! Thanks to ALL. Hugs - Luis in Brazil