why do engineers only have to cough up 100Certs for proximity mine

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ArcKnight, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Stormlight666

Make it not give XP to unhack it - I'd be fine with that. Plus you don't always have C-4 with you when you're out on a base during a fight.
  2. Eyeklops

If they actually release the AV Mana-turret that should allow engineers to destroy turrets without consumables.
  3. Ripshaft

While you'd need a dev to get the difinative answer. The engineer gets cheaper explosives because that's kind of his thing. He sets up and maintains defences, and keeps the troops going. Deployables such as mines are part of his basic kit, so he gets them easier.
  4. mlane16

Actually yeah. Engineers thing is explosives and repairs. Remember the engineers has no F key
  5. Stormlight666

That'd be nice.
  6. ArcKnight

curious enough, do the engineers even need an F key
  7. ShaadeSilentpaw

I think it's also because infiltrators have a much easier time setting mines in key locations, thanks to the cloak.

Also, you forgot to mention the 400 cert cost for infiltrators to carry a second mine, which I personally think is ridiculous.
  8. Drazen

I don't know, this game is bad, we should all uninstall.
  9. Frosty The Pyro

thats your own fault then, concoles can be killed with any weapon in the game and then you can repair it,infil, and if you use an underslung grenade launcher you can use that to kill turrets. if its a place you control just go to a concole and change class, or even /suicide and spawn as an . ******** that infiltrators can hack is like ******** that an engineer can repair a bases stuff after you went through all the trouble to kill it.
  10. Stormlight666

In a REAL battle at a base an engineer doesn't have every resource at his disposal when fixing turrets. The best item to have with you are claymores(or other faction mine) for repairing turrets. Saves your butt from people sneaking up to kill you time and time again. Until they add in the AV Mana Turret, finding a hacked turret is a pain in the butt to deal with. I do kill consoles as an engie with my normal turret. There is NOTHING wrong with hacks having a 5 minute timer when they're abandoned (or not being used).
  11. Scan

Because everyone hates snipers, and everyone hates stealthers. We get double the hate, so we have to pay double the price for everything. :)

TBH tho, from the moment I started playing Infiltrator, I feel as tho I'm being punished for it. My tools are more expensive than the other classes, I'm more fragile than the other classes, it's harder to collect certs than the other classes, it feels less rewarding than the other classes. It takes more SKILL than the other classes.

It's as tho SOE wants to demotivate me from playing the INF. You know what I mean if you roll Combat Medic, or Heavy Assault. 10 Kills in one life, uncerted, no questions asked. Easy cert gain, More acknowledgement from teammates, Less stress, much more room to screw up now and then.

But: The joke is on them. Because now I heavily invested Cert points in my INF and I got suppessors, mines, and good aim. Through shame and failure I've grown stronger, wiser, better and now I headshot heavies up close, without them even having a chance or retaliating. I know my limits, I know my strenghts, and I won't be held back or forced to surrender by anything... not even insanely overpriced cert skills, or absurdly low survivability.
  12. mlane16

No they really don't ArcKnight, and its actually proves my point. I also thought it was worthy to bring up because its one of the most obvious things to point out to players to get them used to differences in classes and how they balance.
  13. Ghostfox

Simple..

Because we are engineers and combat engineers, in traditional wars, tend to be the ones who handle the explosives the most.

I'm just waiting on the thumper so that I can be a true Grenadier.
  14. ArcKnight

so SOE created the class to be the squishiest, the weakest, the noisiest, and the only class to wear a spandex, and thought these made the class OP so they doubled the cert prices for the class ( So uncool )
  15. Rapid_Sausage

for all people who're talking about Invisibility as a justification for the cert point difference, let me show you my analysis of Engineer vs Infiltrator tools and abilities.

Engineer pluses:
    1. Can rebuild infantry, aircraft, and vehicle panels.
    2. Can REPAIR all vehicles and aircrafts.
    3. Can build a front armored recoil-less anti personnel minigun.
    4. Can deploy an ammo supply.
    5. Has 500 health and 500 armor.

Engineer negatives:
    1. Can't hack infantry, aircraft, and vehicle panels.
    2. Can't go "invisible".

Infiltrator pluses:
    1. Can hack infantry, aircraft, and vehicle panels.
    2. Can go "invisible".

Infiltrator negatives:
    1. Can't Rebuild infantry, aircraft, and vehicle panels.
    2. Can't HACK any vehicles or aircrafts.
    3. Can't deploy an ammo supply.
    4. Has 500 health and 400 shield.

from the above i can only see the infiltrator being much more under-equipped than the engineer, and i see no justification for using "invisibility" as an excuse to charging the infiltrator DOUBLE the certs for the same item.

p.s: if you noticed, i put "invisible" between quotation marks, because cloaking is horrid in ps2.
  16. Compass

Infiltrators in enemy territory can become Engineers by hacking terminals and planting the clays and switching back.

Try doing that as an Engineer o_O
  17. Kriesha

I was curious and yesterday tried out infiltrator (only picked up a couple of 1 cert point stuff) pretty much uncerted. In about an hour and a half I was 70/12 KD, just using the basic sniper rifle, a feat that I have never managed on my ****** out medic. There's a lot of difference between having to be in the thick of it or just hanging around the edges of a fight. I do find playing snipers boring and, overall, pretty useless - infiltrators really lack in the utility department, a team is almost always better off bringing any other class (I find LAs to be in the same boat, for teamplay, unless everyone rolls as one, they are horrible).
  18. Angelus359

Actually shotgun can't oneshot. I've tried :p The slugs do 800 damage with headshots, and buckshot spreads too much

Grenade launcher is broken, and often doesn't work at all.
  19. Angelus359

The cloak is essentially useless.

I can see straight through it at 100m