Any AMD CPU Optimizations Coming soon?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gunuko, Dec 31, 2012.

1. HATE_Majakovskij

Then I'm eager to know you secret.
    • Up x 1
  2. Crocobutt

Reveal your secrets!! :O Please?
  3. Esjo

I don't have a secret ingredient. Basically this is my setup and results:

FX 8320 8 core at 3.5ghz Stock settings. Kept cool by a Noctua DH 14. I had massive heat and performance problems with stock fan.
    16gb ram
    Gigabyte 990 FXA Ultra Durable 3
    Game installed on a Corsair SSD
    Gainward Nvidia 660gtx 2gb.

All hardware is brand new, windows is freshly installed and drivers up to date. Havent screwed around with tweaking gfx card, cpu, ram or anything. It's all running out of the box, so to speak.

The game set itself at high by default and 1980x1024 resolution. Saw no reason to change it, so i just decided to try it out. Ps2 was the first game i installed to test my new rig so i figured it was as good a test as any. Game runs like fluid, no jerking, no stuttering and no lag. I tested the framerate and its always 50 and above. It just works.. And im not about to start tampering with it :)
  4. SolitarioSoldat

@ OP

Same here, got Phenom x6 @ 3.9 and core per core phenom is better than the Bulldozer but for some reason PS2 does not utilize AMD cores as good as Intel ones. Looks like the game was first coded for Intel CPU's abd then later on they are planing to release patch for AMD CPU's, hopefully soon.

My set up is not the latest for sure, but with 6 cores @ 3.9 with 2000mhz and 2600mhz on HT and forgot what was the other setting, 8GB ram 1333Mhz , 2x ATI 6870's I should be able to run games for 2 more years to come without upgrading.

Keep ur bulldozer, if PC games are to be made as in hardware usage as BC2 and BF3, then your AMD should last you some time, you might need to get nex GPU later on.
  5. KaMiKaZePiG

6. KaMiKaZePiG

I think, by the way, core parking actually worsened my performance in large battles. :(
  7. Chubrokoli

I get only 15-20 fps in big battles thats impossible to target someone.
    Is it a good idea to oc to 4ghz?
    I already have an oc of 3.6ghz
    My cpu is an 1090t.
  8. Zakuak

My rig still takes a dip in very large fights but it doesn't seem as bad as it used to (pre december). I have alt F on all the time and I see it flicking between 57 and 60 a lot until I get a lot of action on screen then it dips to 40-47 with some quick drops to 30-35.

Some optimization would be nice but I must admit it's much more enjoyable now then it was the first 2 or 3 weeks after release.

Settings on Ultra in UserOptionsINI except blur and ..oh damn I forget the other one ( I haven't messed with ini in weeks).
    Render qual set to 1.41 (or is it just 1.4???)
    IIRC I'm running the NV betas that the new 370s are based upon.

Largest gain for me that pushed me into the "enjoyable" zone was the 4Ghz OC I did to my AMD 1100 cooled with a Hyper 212. Prior to the OC of the CPU I would get moments in big battles seeing 10 FPS, it was a mess to say the least lol.
  9. TeknoBug

the 1090T won't behave at 4GHz unless you disable 2 cores, 3.8GHz is the best you can get out of it, I'm using a 1090T right now at 3.8GHz but you need to bump Vcore voltage to 1.475v.
  10. Irathi

Use your amd overdrive to oc the cores up to 4.5 ghz if you have a decent cooler.

I never drop below 35 fps even in the heaviest fights, usually it stays at 40-55 in large fights.
  11. Streetfighter

Use AMD Overdrive to OC specific cores. Very useful tool - got 3 cores @ 4,2 and 3 @ 3,9 .
  12. Bornbeefy

I just upgraded to and FX8320 (Picked up from NCIX.us for $153 and change during the black Friday sale) but i had the 1090T before and i would get a min of 25FPS in big battles but that was like a half a sec spike every now and then. I had it OCed to 4.3 GHz completely stable. I was using a Gigabyte 870a-USB3 board and 16 gigs of ram (the max that board could take) DDR 2000. I get about 35-40 FPS in large battles now with my new CPU not perfect but much better. My current Rig is a Gigabyte 990 FXa-UD3 with the FX 8320 running at 4.75 GHz and 16 Gigs of DDR3 2000 ram.
  13. insane2170

Rumour is that it is the DX update.
  14. mindbomb

fwir, the update will improve fps by like 50-100%, making the game mostly smooth for phenom II x4 and equivalent core 2 quad, AMD FX users.
  15. TeknoBug

Yeah my home PC is an FX 8320 (OC'd to 4.2 but I can do 4.5GHz) with a 970 board and 8GB DDR3 1600 ram, I only got to play PS2 on it for about a week after release before my trip so I don't really remember what numbers I got in the game on that PC, it played beta fine except for that horrible lag at one point.

I'll be back home at the end of the month and hopefully SOE will release some optimization patch.
  16. LibertyRevolution

Here is a screenshot I took yesterday:
    AMD x6 1090T, GTX570:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

FPS (FRAPS) Using "Ultra" ini config settings, 1360x786: Min:44 MAX:76 AVG:59.2
    I use a 32" 720p LCD is my monitor, so I game at its native resolution.
  17. KaMiKaZePiG

Man, let's hope.
  18. MSG B

Please tell me you can back that up from a dev post somewhere?

I'm currently getting my **** handed to me with this set up:
    windows 7 Prof 64
    AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor 3.6GHz (oc to 3.8)
    Thermaltake FRIO Overclocking Cooler Fan
    16GB (4GBx4) RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB
    1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
    Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System
    750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply
  19. mindbomb

codeforge posted on reddit that he will get ppl currently in the 20s to 30-40 fps, presumably with the optimization patch.
    my interpretation of that is the game will get smooth on phenom II x4 and core 2 quad.
  20. dr_Fell

It is not so unreal. As I have written in other thread - fixing only problem with FPS drop after some minutes of gameplay (that would get me 35+ FPS in large Amp Station battles) and fixing problems with hud using so much CPU power, that turning it off brings c.a. 15-20% FPS more for most people, could alone give my phenom stable 40 or 45 FPS in hardest cases. If SOE manage to increase CPU usage from current 45-50% to let's say 75-80% (what I guess is possible if we are talking about DX upgrade) I might have even stable 60 FPS... Can't wait to test it, If it was as good, I would even think about turning shadows back on.