[Suggestion] Night vision scope crosshair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dever, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Dever

The night vision scope is black and white... with a black crosshair... with crosses along the axis... in darker situations it can be very easy to aim along the wrong cross. If we could get a green/purple/red whatever colored crosshair it'd help a lot. Not a huge deal, but I don't think that the intent was to make you have to think about that.

Even a single red pixel in the center would fix it.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  2. Xasapis

I'd love this crosshair on a non IR 1x scope, but alas ...
  3. Ðeadite

I'd prefer a seperate NV and thermal scope. The thermal should be short range but shows enemies and cloakers very clearly just like it does now. The NV scope should be as real NV, pretty useless during the day but better illumination at night (but with no highlighted enemies). I agree with the decision for limited field of vision and 1x zoom for balance reasons but the black crosshair on a black background is pretty annoying and renders the scope mostly useless for me.
  4. Pr0ph3tx

What about illuminated crosshairs? Just make them that glow in the dark color. Switch it with firemode
    • Up x 1
  5. Vargs

I play on high "graphics quality" settings so it usually isn't too bad, but on low the background is usually a completely black void which really screws with the black crosshairs. This could do with a change.
  6. Brissles

I agree.

It's pretty hard to see the crosshairs in a lot of situations.
  7. talmaru

why not make the cross hairs a negative color
    White when on black
    and black when on white
    Can't be that hard
  8. TheBloodEagle

or let us pick our own
  9. Roderick

Agreed! The NV crosshair need to be made an alternate shade so it is better visible to the user. As one poster mentioned, it is very easy to mis target at a distance because they are less visible and then if the opponent so happen to be in a dark area, you cannot see your crosshairs at all.
  10. Ghostick

White crosshairs on a green-scale NV rather than black and white?

Orange crosshairs on B&W?

I agree it's a little annoying trying to hit something that is white but against a black backdrop like infantry standing on a tower above you.
  11. Dever

Yep, just got a new rig and on high it's usable. Night and day vs. low. On low I couldn't see the crosshair against the sky 90% of the time. On high, it's still a bit dim, but totally usable.
  12. chronium

What they need to do is to make a new scope that costs 100 to 200 certs with a color crosshair.
  13. serenekaos

I love the whining about the NV "cheat" scope. (Hey, I use it too but at least I'm honest about what it is)
  14. smokemaker

Allow us to change HUD colors at will.