Cert points, oh god why.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DrageonPL, Jan 2, 2013.

1. DrageonPL

As it stand I played 82hrs of planetside2 via steam and I can freely say that the system of buying better weapons is a freaking joke.
    I am sorry but it ain't about the teamwork anymore. I tried not to pay for the game to achieve something harder way and be proud off it but it's impossible. Throughout all those hrs I earned 843 cert points. It ain't EVEN enough for one good weapon!?
    What is this s*it. Is this becoming Pay2Win or ********* for *********. Because I don't see no team play ability here. When you got 10 guys with rocket launchers standing there, 8 of them will wait to get the last shot off and the final kill. Why? Because it is the only bloody way to get any certs. The assists are a nice way to say: Lol you didn't finished him off, in that case f*ck you, you won't get nothing apart from a bit of xp. Then the 21st December came with triple station cash. I was so freaking desperate to get myself something that actually kills that I bought some SC. Then I bought some weapons and 60% of them sucks because you know, you would expect a minigun to actually be better than a freaking pistol. But wait, there is no way to check your weapons, and if there is then sorry I don't know about it BECAUSE THERE IS NO TUTORIAL OR HELP GUIDE ABOUT IT.
    Then comes the douchebags pilots. I cannot live on the ground anymore, I just get owned by 10,000 ESF's with rocket pods or bombers with daltons. OH, YOU WANT A TANK? BAGH incomes the planes and say bye bye.

If you don't want to be a freaking pay2win then add some weapons that are better and cost about 500 cert points, because as it stands it is like this. One ****** weapon for 100 certs and then maybe a good weapon for 1000 certs but you don't fu**ing know until you buy it. And when you buy it and it sucks then oh well, you just spent about 110hrs of your life on nothing. GJ. There are many people that review this problem as well such as Angry Joe -,-.

Can someone please either tell me what do they think or how to become one of those easy-farm-no-team-douchebags? Thanks.
    • Up x 2
  2. maxkeiser

I use the standard engineer Pulsar C with no attachments. Works fine and kills fine.

Not sure why you think you NEED to buy weapons?
  3. RF404

10 certs/hour? Are you a fulltime Galaxy pilot or someone who's constantly running away at the sight of enemies?
    • Up x 5
  4. Ronaldspiers

You can trial weapons at the unlock screen
  5. Jestunhi

I swear I could get more than that just semi-afk in the warpgate dropping ammo...
  6. DrageonPL

No, I am a guy who likes to play heavy assault, comes out there. Gets either sniped, treated like a meat shield by team mates, runned over or shot by a tank, killed by bomber or ESF and finally earn those hard 2 certs by capturing a base. Worth it like hell.
  7. Chowley

I actually agree with the OP pity it comes across so petulant (i only say this as people will probably just be argumentative rather than having a discussion about this).
    But ya, technically its not pay to win. But considering how incredibly slow cert gain is and how important it is to cert into your soldier rather than your weapons, also certain weapons are almost essential to buy for your soldier all things considered in a practical sense it really is pay to win.
    But its all been said before.
  8. Nacasatu

Reroll as TR, no need to buy any weapons as their defaults are best in game really, even if the carv was nerfed a little with equal recoil to other factions.

Actually no need to buy anything in this game if you roll TR.

If you enjoy sniping, roll NC and their NC14 is the best default sniper rifle.

If you want to roll in vehicles, then roll VS and trot around in the magrider, secondary default weapon is rubbish but primary is decent.

Same with air, VS scythe is probably the best default.

There you go, no need to spend anything to play.
  9. DrageonPL

What about if I want to play everything and be only in TR. I though this is a game where I can have a good choice?
  10. redevil98

Yeah RF404 , i found your comment extremly amusing !

Havent laughed like that for a long time . . .

Drageon pull an engineer or a medic bro your gonna have a lot more certs to waste !

Drop an ammpo case at a frontline dude and watch the XP/certs roll in !

Just a tip but you probably have figured this one out RI|GHT ?

Thx
  11. maxkeiser

What's the problem? You can spawn as any class and use the standard weapons. There are even choices.
  12. Jestunhi

If you want "everything" then expect a serious time investment.

Or, you know, spend a few dollars on the game to get a head start.
  13. PyroPaul

this game just needs a cert respec system...
    like PS1.
  14. Talizzar

Even if you pay most of the upgrades are not upgrades they are sidegrades. Learn to aim? Learn to use the right weapon at the right time.

If you are playing the game for certs you are going to be disappointed. Get with friends and go have a good time. If your good times is based on how many certs you got then maybe you should play another game.

Cert gain to me is just about right. I play a lot. Not a great shooter. I spent most of my time as an engineer fixing stuff. Some as a medic. I just hit BR38.

We already have at least one guy maxed out at BR100, not even 2 months into the game?

I understand you are part of the I have to have everything now generation but this game is not like that.
  15. DrageonPL

Yeah, free2play *coughs*
    • Up x 1
  16. Morpholine

Play less like Unreal Tournament, and more like Rainbow Six.

Edit: There is no weapon unlock panacea for your frequent-death-no-cert woes, at least for HA.
    • Up x 1
  17. Turk

you gotta p1mp your weapon. don't use it only as default. buy optics and stuff.
  18. Lucidius134

Pulsar C isn't standard, it was renamed to the Solstice pre-launch. IDK what you're on about lol.
  19. RF404

I kind of feel a little bad for your sake since I suspect your probably not even aware of that 2x Xp weeks ended to today and that your grind is about to get a whole lot worse unless you adjust your tactics :(

I'd suggest that you should go browsing through to Outfit Recruitment forums immediately or look for a public platoon as soon as you log in.
  20. DrageonPL

If you think that I am a part of such generation then you're clearly wrong. But when I get in a mosquito and I immediately get targeted down by 3 tomcats and 8 missile launchers then its not fun is it? Playing in a team is fun I agree but there should be some measures that actually allow you to get into something that is not upgraded and still get some kills and stay alive for a minute or two, rather than get shot down like a duck.