[Suggestion] I would like a more concise reporting system.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Madmojo, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Madmojo

Ok, I'll try this again.

Currently we have /report to alert game admins about player actions. I feel this is too vague and could use some improvements.

For example, there was a player with an obvious griefer type name that blocked the vehicle bay exit at the crown with sundies, lightnings and engi turrets. This caused a major pileup from the freshly spawned vehicles. I had to TK the lightning so that I could get out. He was reported but I don't see how /report gives any detailed info on what he was doing.

We also have a guy in our leader channel that says, "do you even lift" every 5 minutes. Again no way for an admin to know why we are reporting him.

Lastly, are players allegedly using some third-party software or exploiting some mechanic. Such as the player I believe who crashed everyone at Andvari last night from what I saw him doing.

What I suggest is something a menu popup that has tabs with things like time, location, catagory (exploit,grief,spam) etc. This should help expedite the investigation process for admins and speed up the response time. If indeed the player is doing something report worthy, that is less time for legitimate players to suffer from it.

Also, working /invite and /ignore commands would be a nice addition. Typing is often faster than clicking through menus.

Thank you.
    • Up x 3
  2. Madmojo

One selfish bump to see if anyone likes this before disappears under a wave of nerf threads.
  3. BadHabitz

Just to keep it simple, it'd be cool to have the ability to just add in a short comment... at the very least.

Examples:
    "/report player1 hacking"
    "/report player2 warpgate teamkilling"
    "/report player3 because he killed me and I think I'm uber"
  4. Pwease

Good suggestion. Please make the /ignore command working ! Pretty Please.
  5. RAS

Also needed is the ability to highlight player names in some way , hackers usually use some stupid name ie , lllllllllllllllIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIllllllllllllllllll , yeh good luck reporting him before you get kicked for being idle .........
  6. Mesdupkilr

+1, glad someone suggested this
  7. Madmojo

One way to get the name quickly and correct is to Q message them, but instead of sending the message, arrow key back and swap whisper for report.
    • Up x 1
  8. RAS

good idea if you can latch on to them , sometimes you can't