NC Weapons underpowered?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bolticus, Jan 1, 2013.

1. The King

For the starting snipers, the TR and VS has crappy weapons, which is why they need to use at least 100 certs to change over.
    The NC has a fantastic starting sniper. But their HA's starting weapon, if they don't like it, they can use 100 certs to make it better.
    (extremely easy to snipe even with this "bullet drop")

Also liked what you wrote.

posts like this makes me put you on auto ignore because you clearly have nothing to post that would be of use.
    • Up x 1
  2. LameFox

*slow clap*

...and? What does you making alts and not playing on them have to do with the validity of anyone else's experience?
  3. ShaadeSilentpaw

Way to miss the point entirely.
  4. Rainfey

@OddballE8 - I read your sig, so i take it that you believe that since the NC should get up close and personal, that we should all grab shotguns! ooor even better, dual Scatter max's! (imagine all the QQ if we did)

It is also worth mentioning, that Infiltrators are the least played class (NC starter weapon advantage) - and HA's are the most played class (NC starter weapon disadvantage).
  5. LameFox

Which was what, exactly?
  6. Monnor

Sometimes people need this , if they think they can talk about things, using it a half minute.
  7. Bolticus

I used your weapons in many situations, from CQC to Long-Range combat. So I think I know what the weapons are like. And I honestly can't see why the hell you NC are complaining.
  8. Windchaser

I think the NC guns look the sexiest. :p

That's gotta count for something! :D
  9. Monnor

No, i used it in many situation, you just came over, from TR, or i think more VS, and try to tell us how our guns work. Our guns need alot of work to handle them , TR and VS guns, not. The only reason , why i not scream buff is, i dont want bricks in my faction like TR and VS have.
  10. Bolticus

I can handle your weapons just fine. Like I said earlier, your weapons fit my playstyle, upclose and personal!
  11. Deavonere

Play with them for about 1 full week. Why ?

You can get wrong impression, that when you shoot at people that are not returning fire, the weapons are just the same.

The thing is, that you can actually see the difference in 1v1 fights in three ranges, but only when your opponents are returning fire. You'll then see what's the difference with NC weapons. You'll see that you'll need to shoot for the head, otherwise you'll lose every 1v1 fight (You'll lose anyway, if any of TR or VS are shooting for the head, but that's a different story).

To be honest, VS and TR feels like easy mode, but you'll see that better if you've spent a lot of time as an NC HA.
  12. Bolticus

I have fought 1v1 many times. Sometimes I lose, but most of the time I win.
    It's called firing in bursts. At long distances, whenever I'm fighting in 1v1, you wouldn't believe how much bullets the VS or TR solider misses. I fire in bursts, they die, and I've only lost a good portion of my shield. I can also easily take out HA as LA by flying, suddenly dropping, crouching, and then beginning to fire. Even when they land the first shot.
  13. Deavonere

Play some more, I've been playing NC HA since beta. Every time I go for VS or TR, my K/D ratio is around x2 better.
    RoF is king in FPS and you'll notice that, but in time. Once you'll meet adadadadada guys while you are NC HA, you'll see what I'm talking about.
  14. nella

Burst firing 1v1 CQC? Good one.
  15. Dnukem

NC weapons are fine, every fight with TR looks balanced. Only fighting with VS is laughable, makes no fun at all since it seems their weaponry is way better. But it can be, that on my server the VS are all better players ;)
  16. Bolticus

I don't burst fire in CQC, only in long range combat. When it comes to CQC, I enable shields or fly over the enemy and spray.
  17. nella

Everyone past BR 10 will enable shield, it's available across all factions. Attempting to fly over a decent enemy will get you killed quickly. But that's got nothing to do with the fact that TR and VS got better cqc-medium range weapons than NC.
  18. Rendezvous

Like I said, take a picture of both of your characters or give me the name of your characters so I can look you up.
    Also, you said you're BR 14? People can get that in one day... especially when it's 2X EXP for the past week.
  19. Daikaze

This thread is laughable. The initial claims based on minimal testing are no different than the other "balance" threads out there. Even beyond the initial claim it's little more than trolling. Each person thinks that another person's view is invalid due to the faction they play.

There can be no discussion of balance on these forums. The people here won't accept such talk and no discussion is ever considered valid. The opposing factions will argue against any buffs for another faction and each faction will argue against anything that nerfs themselves. None of the factions will ever consider the opinion of another faction valid.
  20. HerpTheDerp

It's a lot like democracy isn't it