More and more I realize it's Pay2Win

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breezy808, Dec 31, 2012.

1. breezy808

Yep, i realized the internet definition is different than how I saw Pay2Win. I was wrong for using the term,I cannot change it however. I have to question how it's Pay2SaveTime though.. I can see the logic in it but you do realize to counter a lot of these balance problems "air too OP" Rocket pods OP, tanks OP all that stuff. You need to pay... or spend an extraordinary amount of time farming certs right? If that's not bad enough to farm certs... if you do spend 20,30,40,50 hours+ grinding certs for 1 1k weapon.,.. the weapon will be single-purpose... So if i buy a burster I can't use that to kill tanks... or infantry... I have to spend another 20,30,40,50 hours or 7 dollars to counter another type... Which makes the desire to buy these AA and anti-tank weapons very low... so it's very obvious to see people complaining about tanks and air... because so many people don't pay for these single-purpose bullcrap. However imagine if everybody had dual maxes automatically? you think air would be a problem if there were 5,10,20 dual bursters shooting at air? nah nah not at all... it would be impossible to hover as an ESF... shooting random inaccurate shots? Useless.. no damage.. Lib hover? 5 10 20 AA maxes shooting at a hovering lib? yeah.,... noo he won't even have time to click W
  2. Hydragarium

Paragraphs, basic punctuation. Oh dear god please use them.
  3. TheBloodEagle

You know, after a little while you realize there's not much you really want to buy anyway.
  4. Benjamin2501

There is no win in this game. Therefore, it is not pay to win. In fact, the upgrades have little impact on the quality of the experience in Planetside 2. You can see this as a plus or minus depending on how you view the game. No single weapon, or buff increase can give you a winning edge. If it could, it would be nerfed or already be talked about as an exploit in the forums. So far, I have spent 40 dollars for the Alpha Squad, and another 30 for SC on the triple days. I still have over 10,000 in SC and have everything I need to have a great time in the game. However, I know the game will develop in the next few years. So, I expect things to change and get better and better, as the game is tweaked. The original Planetside developed over several years, and this game will likewise have the same trajectory.
  5. Gunivar

I don't think its smart to have your microtransaction system the only practical way to unlock equipment without spending overly long periods of time trying to compete with people who already earned many of the upgrades and best gear.
    Sure, I don't mean taking the ability to buy it away. But, ideally we could be given more certification points and have the cosmetic stuff be the costly, time-consuming things to get.
  6. breezy808

I spelt the words out correctly, punctuation isn't great I didn't put a lot of effort in organizing the paragraphs however you are not my english teacher, i am not here to impress you or charm you with my immense effort to organize everything for you. If you be my girlfriend maybe I will? You seem like my type babe. and the words are easy enough to understand. Is this an excuse because you can't argue with my points and just so you can feel like you "win" you will attack my punctuation and not discuss or argue with anything my paragraph has made? Damn man that's harsh
  7. Dasmasterneko

I do not think you understand that SOE expects you to be playing for years not just a few weeks. It is perfectly possible to earn huge amounts of certs without paying a cent. Enough to buy a few 1k certs a week most likely. Its up to you if you want to stick with the game for some time or open your wallet. In a few months of casual playing you will unlock whatever weapons you want anyway.
  8. Jacobsson

In a thread that is now 6 pages, this has probably been said. But I'm a lazy bugger so I'm just going to type it out anyway.

Planetside 2 probably cost a stupid amount of money to produce, like you would be setup-for-life-stupid. Yeah it's got flaws all over. It still cost a lot of money.

There are 0 non-cosmetic items that you have to put down real money to get. Ok, so maybe you could argue that a camouflage is actually more than cosmetic. But that's a pretty big maybe.

Those two facts blow my mind.

I enjoy the hell out of this game. I have put money down both for a subscription & SC. Not because I ever felt like I need those weapons or because the queues where that big of a problem. I put money down because I think SOE deserves it.
  9. breezy808

Yeah, thank you for saying that(really) however I have to say that... Tanks are being abused and air is being abused.. And they will continually feel "OP" Untill people counter them. Therefore there is no balance.. If a vehicle squad comes at you unexpected.. or even if it is expected... if their fleet is larger than you... You lose... You can't D that, if you don't have the right weaponry you'll just be food for them.. So for taking years to have all these essential weapons to balance the game that's just messed up. Also the desire to buy AA weapons and anti-tank weapons isn't there... It's a single purpose weapon that usually will NOT counter the other 2(if I buy a rifle I cannot kill tanks or air with it) so I need to buy anti-tank(that will most likely not counter air, or infantry) you get my point. Now obviously people will think.. well then just don't buy it... Which is EXACTLY what is happening currently... Hardly any people buy AG, or AA stuff if they do.. it's usually not enough... So AA and tanks are EXTREMELY strong right now... this game is vehicleside2
  10. breezy808

I haven't really looked at it that way, and they do I like this game.. I Just don't like how vehicles are so darn strong in this game. You can't really counter a tank/air zerg... because people want to take their time.. not many people want to invest in AA and AG because those are single-purpose weapons with not a big payoff... so the incentive to use them is not there... So vehicles will flourish.. I hope that SOE does something about vehicles to compensate for the fact that not many people buy anti-types of weapons.
  11. frodrick

I could accually pay for a game like this, IF it ment i payed MAXIMUM of say a normal game 50 euros and get ALL unlocks. But when unlocking all is a rich mans thing i wont pay ****. This game is obviously made from pure greed, nothing else.
  12. Dasmasterneko

Aside from the patch they have in the works i have to say the community needs to mature a bit for this to work. No one has enough money to spend 1000 certs on useless ground to air rockets... Yet... Perhaps in a month however people will get around to it. Once they have it in their armory it might start balance out.

Even so Air is still op. Tanks not so much (you just have to flank them)
  13. Dasmasterneko

I enjoy working my way up to a goal i set for myself. Without having something to spend my certs on i would just get bored honestly.
  14. Banick

You wrote a lot for a free game.

Pay the $10 or so for the critical elements of the game, yes electronic items, but the game is free. So you pay for those items, and magic, the game has cost you $10 to be "balanced" as you put it.

But I guess your mum said no.
  15. breezy808

LOL that is pretty funny in a good way. I am not laughing at you, but it's not 10 dollars... it's 21, just for 1 falcon, 1 burster, 1 scat for example(NC's max weaponry SOE gives 1 for free) and I am speaking on behalf of the majority of players... Because they don't buy it.. or if they do.. they don't use it... I've spent about 45 dollars(or the equivalent of about 110 dollars)on this game because I want to make an impact in battle rather then just feeding libs or tanks kills I invested a lot... However it's not just me that needs to invest... people need to invest on a grand scale!! They won't obviously which is why vehicles PWN planetside 2.
  16. Niller

I don't see this as a problem, in the beta SO many people bought AA maxes with the certpoints. you know why? because they wrecked aircrafts and where really OP. what they need to do now, is to give the AA users more exp. for keeping of aircrafts.

So far is haven't spent money on this game, and yes it is hard to buy weapons with certs but it's just a couple of days grinding, and there you go 1k certs. (yes the the weapon prices could be a little lower). Also the standard weapons are fine, maybe not for the max as you stated. i have used these 2 weeks on certing into anti infantry max unit, without any money spent, and i allready got 2 Hacksaws with extended magazines and some suit, ability and timer upgrades. I still want some camos though.

SoE also need to make money on this game, if you wan't to keep playing it.
  17. Banick

My point is a game of this calibre will set you back $80 or so, so what's the issue in paying that much to get an advantage or enjoy aspects of it more.

You save even more when triple SC sale is on and such.
  18. breezy808

Yeah, absolutely and SOE deserves the money I like the game.. I Just hate how vehicles work and how much coordination and effort players need to make to counter vehicles... I am not sure if you've seen a 20 tank+ zerg(this is not made up solely on tanks) it's maxes, skyguards, sometimes air. All the classes mixed into these huge tank platoons. Everything in this game is counterable you just need the weaponry, people, cooperation, and strategy. If you're missing even 1 of those in an equal Platoon vs platoon battle you'll most likely lose. People,cooperation, and Strategy have some form of it even if it's not being said. however weaponry isn't. Sorry but my point being is that vehicles are just too strong vs the people who don't buy the anti to it... hour,day,week,month long fights are impossible untill balance is in effect. Isn't that kind of what you came to PS2 for? for epicly large,long fights? not some 10 minutes GG whoever has biggest army wins type of fights?
  19. Jestunhi

All HAs have dumb fire rocket launchers by default.

C4 is unlocked by certs alone, not by paying.

AV Mines are unlocked by certs alone, not paying.

MAXs come with an AV arm by default.

Everyone has the ability to spawn a lightning & their factions MBT as soon as they create their first character - while the default weapon is not the best at anti-tank it can certainly be used to counter vehicles.

And finally, any AV weapon currently in the game can be purchased via certs. This is obviously slower as it is to encourage you to speed it up up via xp boosts, a subscription and/or buying SC.

You do not need to pay to counter tank zergs. It will allow you to counter them more effectively sooner than you could otherwise but there is no shortage of counters without spending SC.
  20. Soylent

It's pay2notgrind, a pretty significant difference, and one you agree upon when you start playing the game. Don't like it? Don't play it.