Warning on taking on hackers in game (you will lose)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Sinist

I smacktalk hackers everyday.

Either on the forums or in game.

And to all the hackers reading this, COME AT ME!

END YOURSELVES AND HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE GAME
  2. Aerensiniac

Know the frustration m8 but cheer up, write a few more tickets to soe about demanding your money back and they will have to address this issue sooner or later.
    Other than that, hold out till the game gets the faction/server change implemented.
  3. Aerensiniac

Hello and welcome to the internet. We hope you enjoy your stay but till you gather more experience we would suggest you to refrain from making claims in regards of what is possible and what is not.
    These issues are happening all over PS2 currently.
    • Up x 1
  4. Aerensiniac

you have a rather awesome concept of how mmo's work bro. The server keeps track of all players (what the **** do you think what keeps track of them? Soe employees?) and all the player's info in rendering range is sent to the clients. As for seeing when someone logs in: It works with your friends list bro, how much do you think it takes to send a flag of /who to the server to see whether or not the guy is online?
    Relocating can be achieved simply by entering render range. Even in the worst case scenario he can run through the map in 2 minutes checking it by 300m to find him, but only god knows how the game was coded together. There actually might be a lot simpler ways to pull this off.

I can only repeat myself: You knowledge is lacking. What you find believable is merely an imprint of your knowledge and/or ignorance. Nothing more.
  5. Hydragarium

I'll try my very best not to be an asterix in the future - Though I generally don't make a habit of looking like a shape.
  6. TSAndrey

Stop telling him to report the hacker, it will not help. The hacker will make a new account in a few minutes and keep on hacking.
    Until this game has a working anti-cheat, nothing will change!

As for the OP, how can he follow you 24/7? There must be times when he doesn't play! How about taking a break for a few days?
  7. Hydragarium

Nice of you to sum up yourself like that, Aeren. You do manage to assume an incredibly lot about how the game works in spite of not actually knowing anything. Kudos.
    • Up x 1
  8. Maliza

He doesn't, as clearly shown in the video OP posted (which doesn't show cheating, only OP harassing another player) the alleged cheater kills many enemy players. OP is not being singled out at all. OP has an obvious mental disorder which makes him think and profess that he is being singled out. OP is here for sympathy. All of us fall victim to cheaters in this game. The difference is that OP's mental disorder forces him to come cry on the forums and beg for sympathy.
    • Up x 1
  9. Dr. Allcome

Dito. Also you should not believe everything a random guy writes on the internet if he is unwilling to provide any form of evidence. Making a video would benefit his cause greatly (with SOE), but instead of providing some evidence he just whines on the forum. All we have seen so far is the OP and a lot of other guys being killed by an alleged cheater. So there is no evidence that the OP is being singled out.

Cheating yes, it happens in every game. However this player claims to be singled out, which does not happen all over PS2.
  10. DankFist

Har har har.
  11. Aerensiniac

I told you about trolling Hydra. Please stick to it.
  12. VitalSpark3025

I had a guy do this to me on SolTech.

Luckily I got bored after about 30 minutes of dying as soon as I spawned anywhere in the game and logged off.

Next day, wasn't bothered.
  13. Humbucker

If SOE have time to read your emails and send you a canned response they have time to type the hackers name into their admin software, see that the logs don't add up and suspend his account.
  14. LittleDi

Oh I know about that, the trick is that you can move still, and if they wish to continue to grief you it costs them money to find you.
  15. Tasogie

Thats the point, why should I be forced out when I paid hard earned money to play this game an alot of it.
    As it stands today SOE have refused a name change, but they did tell me they hope I spend more time playing this wonderful game :(.
    Basically told me to suck eggs an deal with it.
    I really dont want to do it, but I think I am going to look into this charge back feature an see what is involved. because I am getting nowhere slowly with SOE. They are just bouncing me around. I put 300 hours into fragkat an this little **** stain has made it impossible to play it.
    As for tracking me, he hits me the second I log in, an no he is not on my friends list, I deleted the entire list.
    The fact SOE are refusing to give me a name change (they jsut ignored the request) means I am left with no options.
    Sadly when my bank open sin 30 mins, I am going to ring them about a Charge back. SOE can not provide me with a safe playing environment. (please do not waste your time insulting me)
  16. DrBashir

You created a new char and want special treatment because some guy is killing you?
  17. TSAndrey

I still don't understand how he is following you nor how he is doing it all the time. You should ask for a namechange again
  18. Thefailknight

Not remotely. I'm all for hacking/cheating in single player games (makes for some lulzy times.) But anyone doing this kind of crap in an online multiplayer game should have their hands smashed with a hammer along with their pcs
  19. Cembrye

If you are dealing with someone with emotional or mental problems - which sounds like this person - there is no point talking to them or asking them to stop. All you can do is report them and move on. Or ignore them if you can.

In one MMO my avatar was repeatedly being emote /sexually assaulted and this person also sent hate /tells. All out of the blue as I had done nothing to him. I put him on /ignore but he still seemed to find me (the game world for that MMO had a number of hubs everyone ended up at usually). So one time while he was "doing his thing" I went off, leaving my avatar online. I did the dishes, some laundry, etc. By the time I came back he was gone. Never bothered me again - I suspect because I no longer was giving him what he craved, which was attention and a reaction.

If ignoring isn't possible, I would just create another character on another server. Yes it sucks to lose the certs you've gained. But in the medium and long term, you get back on track. You'll be playing the game and having fun again.

There are a TON of great people online and in PS2. Find a good outfit and get some positive energy going.

Remember, the best revenge is doing well.
  20. Koko L Oko