R.I.P Infantry combat

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quickscope, Dec 28, 2012.

1. chilly154

I like that idea.
  2. chilly154

But there people like me who don't see that. I see vehicles all the time. They should make more bases that are infantry vs infantry or infantry vs air and infantry.
  3. chilly154

I'm in waterson too. But I don't that there. I'm VS.
    • Up x 1
  4. boom-mug

Increase the cost of vehicles, and have the timer start for getting the vehicle after it's destruction, not the spawn of it.

That will make for a better game.
  5. Dulu

Add a shared timer to vehicles of similar types.

Lightning and Vanguard should share a cooldown.
    Liberator and Reaver should share a cooldown.

Globally reduce the cooldowns of all vehicles, BUT - make the cooldown begin when you are destroyed, not when you spawn.
  6. Desann

B-I-O-L-A-B

Hmm, almost like the DEVs made them for infantry ONLY combat! *GASP*
  7. AtomicGerman

Come to Jaeger, We'll show you the meaning of "Infantry combat."
  8. OvenTop

I don't care about infantry problems, or any other problem this game has. A big shadow of poor optimization needs some sunlight on it before I play this game again.
  9. RayDrazon

Go to the Crown for infantry fights.
  10. SolidSnake

They need to increase damage on G2G shoulder mounted rockets. That will help stem the tide of Magrider zergs we always face. They made that tank too easy to handle, it can strafe, speed boost, goes over terrain other tanks can't, can snipe targets from farther away, etc.

I understand you don't want to take the toys away from the VS, god forbid they have to step out of their Magriders every once in a while, so make it our rockets do more damage, I would gladly spend certs to make my rockets lock on faster or hit harder, since we mostly only get to hit them once or twice before they run away behind a rock to repair.
  11. Turiel =RL=

That is actually a great idea. I wish it would have been mine!
  12. LittleDi

Well you did quote my post. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I have a life to deal with. Then again you're probably unable to tell when you're talking to one person or a group of people anyways. They're all the same to you aren't they?

Being 36 and having your parents live with you isn't an evil thing no matter what you think. Moving out wouldn't solve anything as I'd just have to come back daily in order to fix things. Batteries don't last forever, and there's plenty of minor jobs to do all the time to maintain a full sized house. Side effect of being the owner of the residence. Perhaps it's time you learn more than how to be a jerk?
  13. ArcKnight

thats promoting the spam, this an FPS , NOT world of Tanks NOT a flight simulator
  14. Keiichi25

While the name is MMOFPS, it is technically a game designed as a Combined Arms MMO. Which means vehicles and air are part of the fight. The tanks do have weak points, Air, on the other hand its only weakness is from pilots being bad at being pilots. Tanks get ripped up by infantry to a point, the spawn areas need to be redesigned to hamper both Air and Tanks not to sit and camp the crap out of them through explosive measures and allow infantry to fight back. In comparison to Planetside, it is SLIGHTLY better for the infantry with regards to spawn rooms, but only slightly.
  15. Vepo

Actually it's a mix of all 3. As I've mentioned if the whiners who complain about their being tanks and aircraft in this game ... they should go and pay Call of Duty. I'm sure they will feel more in with the crowd of the stupid kids and the immature adults.

There won't be any change to the way the system is currently. If people leave, then they can leave, most of us having fun with the game don't really care and lets not forget that only a very small number of the total player base only use the forums, which I'm sure SOE would love to agree too, but they can't unfortunately.

New bases may appear in the future, but right now you either enjoy the game or you don't. If you get killed, then learn from your mistakes, if you are always trying to shoot a tank with a pistol, maybe think for a seconds and wonder why you died ... and last but not least ... join an outfit!

Anyway Happy New Year!
  16. voigt

I would like to see the majority of bases be of the same quality as the Biolab, instead of the exception. Now the biolab itself is not all that interesting it has too many ways in via the pads, 3 teleporter rooms and the ground teleporter for the side that owns it as well as drop podding on the roof. Its not very defensible and usually comes down to who has more people in the area.

Never the less, I support having more structures that are not constantly being spammed by tanks and aircraft. We need more overhangs and enclosed buildings for good infantry combat to not be ruined by tanks shelling all the doorways, objectives or the spawn rooms. I doubt they remake all the bases though so yeah... I feel like my friends are not logging in nearly as much as they used to and I'm sorta losing interest as well even though I bought the 6 month subscription.
  17. infinite loop

I usually let the asinine posts on these boards go, but this one takes the cake. You're seriously implying that a game with vehicles is more sophisticated than those without? Only kids play games w/o them? Really?? Wow.
  18. Vepo

Yeap this is all true. I found the information on the Interwebs!
  19. Chrysalis

Suddenly no one ever pulls a Lightning, ever.
  20. Benton!

I would like to share that, as infantry, probably 5% of my deaths are from air. ONLY 5%. And I never get farmed by them. Why? Because I utilise something called roofs...