[BUG] Fix C4 Explosion ownership.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Talizzar

In every other aspect of the game the person that delivers the killing blow gets the credit. Should the guy that placed the C4 get an assist, sure, if possible.

Is this game breaking? No.
  2. Keelin

You WOULDN'T get the killing blow if it wasn't for the C4.
  3. Parity

So the person who made the bullets or the gun should get the kill rather than the person firing the weapon? Come on, just listen to yourself.
  4. Flarestar

Suck it up. Personally I feel this is good compensation for how stupidly easy and powerful it is.

If you want your kill credit, plan on living long enough to detonate it.
  5. Streetrip

I'm ok with it as is. Sucks but I didn't get C4 for the XP it yields. I got it to make my life easier and it does. More often than not I'm the one setting off the C4 anyway. If someone else does it? Fine. I'll live with it. Would getting assists be nice? Sure but nothing to complain about too hard.

Also not C-4ing enemy sunderers when no friendlies are about? That's proper teamwork right there /sarcasm. How about a cretive solution like either a) getting a friend, or b) lay two bricks of C-4 down, head to resupply. Detonate, lay third brick down, job done.
  6. Keelin

Yeah it's so much easier to sneak up to a tank without getting killed than to stand back and shoot rockets.

You live right up to the point where some HA blows up your **** and you along with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
  7. Flarestar

Actually it sort of is, since you can sneak up on a tank pretty easily provided you don't go charging it from the front screaming ALLAHU AKBAR the whole way. Especially if they're busy fighting. They have a tendency to not check their sides and rear.

And why are you running up and dumping C4 on a tank heavies are actively shooting at anyway? That's like running into a room to knife someone when people are pitching grenades in there. Don't be stupid.
  8. Keelin

You'd be surprised just how often people only start attacking when they see that they are not alone in doing so.
    That is to say - I get there first then someone decides to "help out".
    • Up x 1