[Suggestion] Bring back the night... PLEASE!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fear The Amish, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Fear The Amish

I LOVED the night fights, Best part was how it was based on the moon. Early evening was like it is now and when the moon was overhead just a bit darker.... But that last 30 mins (i think it was usually was in a huge fire fight) when the moon was down was awesome wasn't DayZ dark but close. I remember i used to fire my rocket launcher into buildings to illuminate them before i would fully go in.

The one thing i remember that sold PS2 for me was on esamir right after it launched. We were assaulting a tower and it was that last 30 minutes of night. The AA turrets were on full blast throwing shadows and tracers everywere. 15-20 Mags were launching rounds into it throwing shadows. just HUGE amounts of tracers and fire. We came flying in with 3-4 fully loaded gals and i was piloting, to the west i could see this long column of TR vehicles only illuminated by a few head lights, behind me to the east a same number of VS vehicles doing same thing, and literally i was just floored. Best part is the Aurora Borealis was going strong too just loved it.\

Please bring back the night.
    • Up x 6
  2. Cloudayo

The night is still in the game? Its night time on my server right now.
  3. vecdran

This is the neutered version of "night" games use.

I.E. brighter than a clear night with a full moon
  4. Fear The Amish

in beta was about 30% darker. The darkest night currently is like the evening in beta. They also removed the Esamir Fog while not totally a bad thing did make combat on esamir kinda hairy at times because you wouldn't be able to see across a bridge so you would cross then suddenly BAM! enemy zerg.
  5. Cloudayo

My mistake, I was never in the Beta.
  6. Fear The Amish

hey no problem sorry you missed it night fights were some of the best fights in beta.
  7. huller

of course ,a VANU of all people is asking for a night fight. First your uniforms must glow meon, THEN we can get the old nights back.
    • Up x 2
  8. Mold1184

I approve.
  9. RF404

I don't care if it is Vanu that is asking for it. The kid has a good point: Please bring back night fights so we can get some variation in tactics and bring back a point to using flashlights and headlights.
    • Up x 2
  10. bluEyedillusions

They removed it because of complaints that players were gaining an advantage by just turning the gamma/brightness of their monitors up. Too easy of a solution to cheat and no way to police/prevent it.

I can understand the complaints.
  11. FischiPiSti

Im all for pitch black nights, but only if they boost the flashlights etc...
    Spotting should be limited too, you should only spot during the night if the character is actually visible
    I also made a suggestion back in beta to add searchlights to lib gunners, concept:
    [IMG]
    Turning up brightness doesnt help much, the contrast will suffer over a point
  12. Cloudwasher

Good god, they need to bring back the fog, as long it isnt something that lasts too long. That would make things so much more fun if there was a 5-10 minute fog patch every few hours.
  13. Fear The Amish

Hey all i am asking for is 30 minutes in a day/night cycle... that is not really a lot devs eh?
  14. Fear The Amish

the fog was 24/7 it really wasn't that fun really except for the Surprise factor when setting up ambushes and made lib bombing difficult/impossible, also AA was king at that time and it was rare to see any air besides a few top pilots.
  15. Dragunov Crux

I am for longer night fights.

Makes IR and NV more useful and I love those scopes.
  16. gunshooter

Lowest common denominator loves the atmosphere stuff. For those of us who are actually semi-concious though, anything that detracts from gameplay like "Vanu being even more invisible" isn't good.
  17. Jrv

Of course it's the barneys that bring up night fights, considering they had an absolutely despicable advantage during these times. Is it not enough that your faction is undeniably OP?
  18. Fear The Amish

nah we aren't TR.... but hell i would throw neon signs on the VS just to get night fighting back. Was a lot of fun i also see alot of NC and TR in favor of it....
  19. Jrv

I'm willing to compromise so long as you guys glow as much as us NC do.
  20. fish998

I'd like to see a moon cycle implemented so we had a variation in night darkness levels, from how it is now, to really dark. Also make the day/night cycle a little longer.

Also the fog on esamir sounds cool, let's have that back, and lots of other types of weather too. Dust storms on Indar, rain on Amerish.