All these Rocket Launcher Instant kill Spam is ruining the gunplay Fun wise and Skill Wise!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ImGladUmad

I know SOE loves Explosion Instant kills but they seriously need to put some limits on these rocket Launchers being used against infantry.

Now I know some are you are going to say "OMG buy Flak Armor".....Sorry but you shouldn't need Flak armor to not get instant kill by these rockets.

Lately is gotten worse however, with all these new powerful rocket launcher for sells....I see way more people just shooting rockets over and over again at the same spot where gun fights are taking place.

It just runs the whole Gunplay.....No longer is it troops vs Troops in a stalemate shooting at each other...Now is a stalemate rocket fest between the two.

Is bad enough with the Air rocket spam and all the explosion spam in the game.....Now infantry are joining in....This needs to stop ASAP.

Rockets should be useful against Vehicles/Aircraft only, not against infantry...I don't care if people say "that unrealistic", so what is a video game, a crap load of stuff in this game is unrealistic.

Also it ruins the whole skill wise of guns....No longer does it matter somebody having good accuracy when a person can just instant kill you with a rocket.

It just lowers the whole skill of the game.

So yeah SOE, we need the gunplay for infantry to at least be fun/skillful.....The game is already full of explosions, we don't need more explosions.

So make Rockets be useful against vehicles like they should be and not be instant killing machines against infantry,

Thanks.
    • Up x 2
  2. Narutobieber

invest in flak armor if you hate explosions.

rank 1 = ONE CERT
    rank 2 = TEN CERT
    rank 3 = 50 cert
    rank 4 =150 cert
    rank 5 = 1000 cert

The first 4 ranks are very easy to get, and getting rank 3 is only 61 certs, 211 certs total for rank 4 which is 39% reduction of explosive damage.

The devs gave you a cheap way to counter explosives yet all you do is whine in forums... not only are gamers today entitled but they lack critical thinking... smh
    • Up x 5
  3. ImGladUmad

Like I said.....Rocket Launchers shouldn't be instant kills against Infantry.

Flak armor shouldn't be required to not get instant killed by these.

Rocket Launchers should be effective against Vehicles and Aircraft but not against infantry, it just ruins the gunplay skillwise and fun wise.

Now we just have people spamming rocket launchers.....Even if they don't get instant kill, a direct hit with flak armor on....Gets your shield and even some of your health down.....That is totally stupid.
  4. ImGladUmad

Entitiled?....is about not ruining the gun play...Is about not making this game, a rocket spam fest at least in infantry battles.

But yeah, I dont think you know what the word entitlement means.

Hey lets make bullets being instant kill and require people to buy a special armor to not get instant killed.
  5. Narutobieber

wow you really are dense, if someone is shooting you with a rocket in point blank and you survive 1 hit, just unload on his *** full auto and drop him in .1 seconds with your gun since it takes awhile for them to reload their rocket or switch to another weapon.

But then again, you are entitled and stupid so instead of seeing this scenario, you think HURR WITH FLAK ARMOR I STILL GET HURTZ

Inb4 more incessant whining, im out
  6. 13lackCats

If the rocket deaths are so bad for you, you may want to change what you're doing.

Rocket spam only works against Shield Matadors and Campaholics.

If it wasn't spam, then ya got beat.
  7. SixVoltSamurai

Flak says hi.

Did you get rocket sniped one too many times? Not sure why it's not skillful to shoot someone with a slow moving and easy to see rocket, that can be avoided via movement and in game damage reduction mechanics. Either way, infantry launchers are the last things ruining infantry fights.
  8. ImGladUmad

You do know that this game isn't 1 vs 1....Right?

Is usually a bunch of people vs a bunch of people....If somebody shoots you with a rocket and drops ur shield/some of your health.....you are pretty much death.

I think u don't know much about infantry combat....and over use the word entitlement because of political brainwash....
  9. MasterD

Flak Armor is pretty mandatory in this game if you're infantry. Surviving Bombs, Tank Rounds, and Rockets is a must since all spawn rooms are located outside where vehicles can spam them. Then add in Grenades, Prox Mines, Tank Mines, and the holy C4. I don't advise anyone picking up anything else in the suit slot except if they are light assault and use a shotgun.
  10. ImGladUmad

Is about a bunch of people shooting rockets at 1 single place..........They do ruin the stalemates on this game, which I hate but they are part of the game.

Actually is easy to get instant kill with rockets....I tried sometimes, is not that hard to not miss,and if u do, just switch weapons and kill them super fast.
  11. Xind

While we're at it, lets remove all one hit kills from the game.

Being sniped and one shot is frustrating and annoying.
    Running into a fire and forget mine is painfully disturbing.
    Being hit by a direct fire rocket is funny, but aggravating.
    Tasting C4 dropped over head by a god damn bird assault trooper is a pain in my ***.
    Why the hell do grenades one shot HUGE clumps of men?
    Frankly, every infantry class has the capacity to one shot any other infantrymen. This needs to end.

Am I trolling? Or am I tired of being one shot killed. You be the judge.
    • Up x 1
  12. ImGladUmad

Like I said this game isn't realistic.......

Sorry but Rocket instant killness should be sacraficed for the gunplay/fun of the game.
  13. AlexR

Sorry, but rockets are rockets and do huge damage in any game just because they are TOP-tier damage dealers. Every time. Need to shoot something big, strong, huge, fat, massive and ****? Use something shooting rockets. That is the rule, no one will change that, because that would be stupid, no matter how unrealistic game it is.
  14. Xasapis

This issue is unfortunately as widespread as the amount of heavy assaults. Engineers also use it with the under barrel rocket. There is no solution really, some people really can't aim to save their lives. I sigh when dying due to that and respawn.

When your first choice as a weapon in a 1 vs 1 is a dump fire missile, well, you're just bad.
  15. ImGladUmad

At least sniping takes skill...Is kind of hard...kind of.

Proximity Mines suck but I guess they are in for the CoD audience.
  16. ImGladUmad

Exactly.

It ruins the skill play of the game.

All the bad players are running around with Rocket Launchers because they can instant kill more skillful players....

That's the bottom line.
  17. Xind

May I pose you a situation?

You just saw a Max suit around the corner in the Bio Lab. You duck back into your corner and pull out your Missile Launcher to deal with him.
    When you pop back out he's gone and there is an unsuspecting man sitting there, waiting to die.

Do you switch weapons? Or just kill him?

I don't think most people are using it as a primary weapon, but with the abundance of max suits and the inability to switch weapons fast enough if they're on you (scattermax) you have to have the missile ready. What if the guy you saw when you popped out the second time saw you? Are you really not going to fill him with rocket?
  18. AlexR

It ruins nothing. Difficulties will make you stronger if you will try to learn instead of crying. Try to have fun, just laugh when you are killed. Cmon you can respawn and there is nothing to loose.
  19. ImGladUmad

No people really just spam these rockets...I have seen rockets spam everywhere.

Rockets shouldn't instant kill.....In your scenario, sure he could shoot him with the rocket but it doesn't be an instant kill against infantry.
  20. Xind

If they make other explosive weapons (C4/Mines/Grenades) cease instant killing, than rockets can follow suit.
    But I don't see how this is different than the men who charge into crowds of enemies just to drop c4 and suicide pop it.