R.I.P Infantry combat

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quickscope, Dec 28, 2012.

1. pnkdth

Another overly exaggerated point blown out of proportion.

My first weapon after triple SC was a 2nd burster.

Air is still strong but if your counter is flak armoured MAXes with dual bursters then air will have a rough time. Once you start getting used how to lead air units then you're going to hit a lot more. Indeed, some pilots have accused me of cheating. You're still going to need a bunch of buddies if you want to clear the air then again, it would be stupid if we could just remove air without breaking a sweat.

Just as we do not want air to do whatever they want, us infantry players cannot expect them to just give up their way of gaming either in favour of ours.

I don't know how it is on other servers but the VS on Miller are pretty quick at spawning AA MAXes and skyguard to counter air.
  2. Ysanne

Seriously, you should change the shop you buy your airplanes from.
    For 11million US$ you get this. A SU 25 Frogfoot. It is a well established RL Rocketpodder, and it even looks a bit like the Mosquito.
    [IMG]

OMG! She has eight rocketpods! Cheater! Russians are overpowdered! RUUUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
    • Up x 1
  3. UzumakiW

1. What does that have to do with me? I rarely ever use a Mag, let alone any vehicle, other than a Flash, so ****, you got me there. I'm a cheap *** and use a Flash.

2. You lost any credibility with me when you started crying about VS. You're just another one of those whiny babies who cries "OP" because someone uses the same tactics I see other factions use. As for the BR100 guy, I could really give a damn about him. News flash for you, he achieved a lot of those ranks in a Lib, which every other faction has. So, he may have used a "cheap" tactic in your eyes, but he was still smarter than anyone else to use that tactic to rank up so fast, though, I'm not even close to reaching his rank because I probably don't play half as much as him.
  4. TheRunDown

There are a few outposts I get a Infantry frill from anymore, and the Bio lab is the only base I really enjoy anymore.
    Tech Plant sucks, Spawns to far away, easterly campable by vehicles at spawns and entry points. The teleporter shouldn't have been removed, but only moved its exit point to a less forgiving area than the old one.
    Amp Station is OK, but its a very short lived battle.

Unless the bases are completely redesigned the only way to help the infantry situation is to put bollards everywhere. Or add TRAPs in to the game from PlanetSide 1, as part of the Engineer secondary weapons mode for the Turret.
  5. AdrIneX

Well I guess I'll go and cry in a corner now that I lost your credibility.
  6. smokemaker

I want its
    I wantsss itsss
    preciousssss
    My preciousssss
    i wantssss it
  7. AdrIneX

Currently being replaced by this:

[IMG]

Now that's a beauty.
    • Up x 1
  8. Neurotoxin

Infantry fighting is fun. Just yesterday I was playing on my filthy Trotskyist TR alt, and we were holding a hill near a tower for at least 30 minutes as infantry. About 30-40 people with one nearby sunderer, and we were only wiped out after the VS came through and swept the NC out (with Liberators, NOT Magriders). I was one of a few medics holding the point, helping keep everyone alive to stave off air vehicles as we try to push forward. Had it not been a three-way, we would have been able to conquer the tower instead of getting pushed back.
  9. LittleDi

In your opinion AA Max units would be enough to counter an equal amount of liberators and G2G rocket launchers (which do garbage in damage) should be just fine. So what game have you been playing? It's pretty obvious it's not planetside when it takes 6-8 unguided launcher direct hits on the weak point of a sunderer to blow it up. If you can land 6 that is anyways.
  10. TopGrunt

just wanted to say this thread is ********.
  11. Warthog

OK so 40mil for that aircraft, a leopard 2 tank costs 5.7 mil. that means the aircraft is roughly 7 times more than the tank. Ok then , lets make aircraft cost 7 times more than tanks in game. I was using US vehicles before, but i can use euro ones as an example too.
  12. Vepo

I'm a person that plays ALL ASPECTS of planetside 2 and not just plain old infantry. If I only want to be on foot and not use the things which are open to me, I would have stayed with Call of Duty.

However unfortunately in this day and age of the gaming community, the majority of gamers have become whiners and have yet to become actually consumers outside of a computer game and most if not all of you would never act like this towards someone face to face (if you say you would, then you need to move out of your parents home and actually live by yourself and do thing for yourself and you will finally and maybe grow up)

This is of course all my personal opinion.
    • Up x 1
  13. UzumakiW

You have fun with that. Maybe there you can think about what you've done wrong.
  14. LittleDi

I'm 36, and if I moved out I'd be returning daily to fix things. I fix about 4 things a day at this place in addition to a good 50% of the cleaning and cooking. On top of that I have a job. I'm a person who plays Heavy Assault and know my weapons are useless vs most tanks and aircraft. I've played the engineer with an AMS Sunderer. I've played the medic keeping people up and active. I've played the infiltrator sniper and base sabotage player. I've played the light assault breaking into places via jetpack entry and slaughter of the opponents. I've used maxes to counter air attacks. I also have never played Call of Duty.

Perhaps you have me confused with someone who's full of it?
  15. Dingus148

Sigh. Not militiaman, military. Have deployed to a warzone as an infantryman. I know about the actual capabilities of aircraft, because 1. I have seen them with my own eyes, 2. I've seen how they're deployed and when (yes, smart ****, generally supporting SF tasks. Far less common for the grunts. That's apaches, by the way. Not just A10s, Spookies and fast air) and 3. It has saved my life on at least one occasion. Trust me, I know how much of a game changer it is. I know about the sensor suites. I know about their range and their hardware. But you, sir, are a tool, if you think they don't have any drawbacks.

How many special forces operators do you know? How many CPs have you been in while the decision to commit air is being made? How many airstrikes have you called in? How many combat zone airfields have you visited? Pray tell, how many wars has Sweden been to recently? I'm assuming you're a Swede, because you reference Swedish aircraft, but feel free to tell me where you're from, and I'll adjust accordingly. Euro armies aren't bad standing forces (and all credit to the grunts I've worked with, some of the hardest bastards on the planet) but they are hardly shining examples of modern, combined arms assault forces. Main exceptions being Britan, Germany and Holland (but I think Holland lacks a decent airforce. Haven't seen their numbers). So lets get this one thing straight, if nothing else...I know what I'm talking about, and you do not, when it comes to tactical application of technology in a current warfare scenario. Sweet. Glad you know.

"Yeah so what they own tanks, where's the problem?" The problem is armies have G2A radar and AA capability which will detect and destroy aircraft. These become priority targets, so that the aircraft can come in and own tanks. Aircraft don't just fly around looking for targets. Neither do choppers. If air was as OP as you'd say, every nation would own thousands of jets and choppers because the cost would be offset by the fact they can now scrap their armies and navies. But you don't see people doing that. Aircraft require airfields, which require more investment and limit range, which requires a ground force. Air are a support unit, like artillery. Air is basically smart artillery. It is not a fighting force on its own. Ignoring cost and time and technological investment, air simply cannot fight by itself. It is tied to the ground, so on a tactical level alone your argument is worthless. NOT OP BECAUSE IT HAS SEVERE DRAWBACKS. Don't know how much clearer I can make it

To the general public: Anyone sane who sees "Air is OP in real life", kindly point out to the person saying it that they have no idea what they are talking about. If they challenge your credentials, send them to me. I wish people would stop talking smack about things they know nothing about, because all it does is spread the stupidity further.
  16. Lord Gazgul

mabe you need to stop watching movies for some time...
  17. Sharmanti

Jets in PS2 is far weaker than those of real life. A real jet would just recieve data feed from sensors and then drop bombs on targets. They would be like 4-5 times faster, atleast and carry weapons that could annihilate pretty much anything they're ment to...

Aircraft is more cost efficient than tanks, therefore the price is logical.
  18. Dingus148

And you'd only have 2-3 per faction, they'd fly their bombing run and go home. Try again
  19. Sharmanti

..................................... please. Altough I have not been in a zone, I have seen both videos of the capabiities of aircraft and attended military as a soldier on a flight base. I've seen the weapons, know their capabilities and so forth. Weapons that can break a cruiser in half with a single shot.

It would be ******** to think that aircraft can operate completely without support over hostile territory. That doesn't work in PS2 either. You dont fly in over territory where the enemy has G2A AA all over the place, then you die.

If the enemy has no to little AA and moves like ******* without any strategy all over the battle field (like afghans), well first of all aircraft is barely needed, secondary it can just choose to destroy whatever it needs destroyed. I can imagine it's not exactly worth sending them up for killing anything down there in middle-east, since your infantry should be able to handle 99% of what they have.

And there's no argue over that any air veichle is "overpower". Ground forces and navies are key aswell, but my point is, as long as air operate while being covered from the ground, they're overpower as hell.
  20. Sharmanti

Why would you have that?

These aircrafts are **** compared to the real deal, they lack advanced scanners, capable thrusters and good weapons. They shouldn't be more expensive than your average tank lol.

The one thing that is crazy is the ammo tho. A real jet would litteraly empty all the ammo in his main gun in like 3-4 seconds of shooting, carry maybe 2 A2A or A2G missiles/bombs. So yea, they have a sick amount of ammo