Why don't the TR have highest RoF Carbine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thrustin, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ixal

As I said they do not show up in the depot even when searching by name. Look at the Engineer Loadout screen and go to certs from there.

VS: Eidolon
    NC: Warden
    TR: AMR-66
    And all 3 of them are sub par.
  2. Diamond Sword

Yeah... The Eidolon is listed as an Assault Rifle in-game.
  3. Ixal

Then they must have changed that as the Eidolon was the VS version of the Battle Rifle available to the Eng and HA while assault rifles are only available to the medic with the same stats as the other BRs + lack of bullet drop.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12&f=true&colid0=17&filterstr0=BATTLE RIFLE&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  4. Diamond Sword

I think perhaps they are just called Assault Rifles on Vanu. I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's a full auto weapon, though. Aren't battle rifles only 3-round burst/single shot?
  5. Bill Hicks

I love my GD-7F U JELLY?
  6. Ixal

Semi automatic actually.
  7. Cyridius

Carbines aren't impressive, but they get the job done and they do it well enough for me not to complain. Not to say I wouldn't like an increase in RPM. Or in clip size.
  8. ent|ty

Given some fights away from the laggy biolabs and plants, and some 'fair' fights with me vs 5 intruders... I don't notice a difference. I'm owning it up with the TR default as I do with the default VS or NC. It's just getting used to it.

Or probably just great FPS in certain areas makes that much of a difference. In some areas, wouldnt matter what gun you gave me, I'm not killing anything.
  9. Garrix

Because TR get 33% more ammo in every clip, and 33% more ammo overall on their weapons. Which allows them to be much more effective in most infantry situations (given how the TTK is nearly identical for most carbines).
  10. ThePackage

If every weapon was available for every faction, every good player would be playing with TR weapons, period.
  11. Howler556

HahAHHHahaha. Thats funny, because anyone who plays TR can agree that we are beaten in nearly every single close combat situation with the vanu except when its a numbers game. Im not sure if you are basing this on charts are what, cause its complete bull.
    Sure, our vanilla lmg needs an accuracy nerf, but not nearly as much as the orion.
  12. Howler556

Also, please tell me how our pistol is so over powered when we have enough ammunition to kill 3 people with it. If you want ammo as a reason for a weapon being bad, the tr pistol is the worst.
  13. Tenzin

If you actually meant "good players" they'd probably be using VS weapons. Less recoil, higher accuracy and about the same ROF as TR weapons. Meaning they can land more shots and therefore be the most effective.

Tell you what, I'll trade my CARV and any Carbine of your choice for your ORION and SOLSTICE. Deal?
  14. ThePackage

Yes because everyone is running around with a pistol as their main weapon. A pistol is a desperation weapon, nothing more. In close quarters near similar CoF and accuracy means nothing. The only weapons that would be affected by CoF are ones with horrible CoF coefficients, like the 20 round auto weapons infiltrators get.

You can pull the #'s right from the game files. The TR weapons are indistinguishable from VS weapons in the game, aside from the massive magazine size advantage.

The Dev's even ran the #'s, comparing accuracy across all 3 factions, the #'s were within a single percentage point of one another. The accuracy of the weapons are statistically identical. So you can stop trying to make it seem like your weapons have the accuracy of a smooth bore muzzle loader, and be brought back to reality.
  15. Thrustin

That is hardly an argument, and by the looks at the population on the EU server I play on, vanu vastly outnumber the other two factions.

For the Jaguar, it's more than a 50 reduction of RoF, but that's beside the point. Our faction is suppose to be the one with the highest RoF and highest ammo capacitiy to go along with it. There's no reasoning with that.
  16. Meiu

Either or logical fallacy makes your argument not credible.
  17. Meiu

Best part about this thread is all of the hyperbole and nobody actually looking at the stats for the equipment.
    • Up x 1
  18. gunshooter

The Jaguar, you mean the best carbine in the game by a mile?
  19. WUNDER8AR

good deal. let's do this