[Guide] Infantry Weapon Cheat Sheets (no Pistols or MAX)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BLEURRRRGH, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Phrygen

except he is right
  2. Foefaller

I'll agree that it is a good starting point for the newbie who looks at all those numbers in confusion, but it isn't the be-all, end-all of weapon effectivness.

Good example IMO would be the Vanu Orion. On that wonderful spreadsheet, it looks like a TR T9-CARV with a noticably better hip fire and on-the move ADS accuracy, with the best RoF and max DPS of any Vanu LMG, but almost every Vanu player I know who plays HA regularly hated being stuck with the 50 round clip and switched to something else the first chance they got, Rate of Fire be damned.
  3. Phrygen

spoiled... orion reloads so fast...

Try reloading a gauss in a fight :)
  4. Foefaller

Why would I reload in the middle of a firefight when I can pull out my pistol and keep shooting instead?
  5. ShayeUK

Actually hitting the target is more important. VS wins this hands down at all ranges. TR > NC after.
    The damage drop trade-off is pathetic for this much of an advantage.
    NC and TR are both screwed though when it comes to their weapons. NC more so.
  6. Xiphos

The damage drop graph for the SR-7 is inaccurate. It reaches a min damage of 500 somewhere between 115m and 150m according to my test (I didn't figure the exact range out because I didn't have time to finish)

The other sniper rifles also have damage drop, probably a very similar one.

Where the min damage and range is unknown you should put a "?" and omit the graph because otherwise many people will be mislead.
  7. Sharmanti

Oh but wait... TR doesn't have the highest ROF. WAAAAT. So they have the highest damage? NOOOOPE. but what do they have? Better accuracy? Not than vanu they don't. What do they have? 10 extra bullets in a magazine!!!! WOOOOOHO
  8. Cipher20

Very nice stuff you have here. There are a couple more things that I would like to see though. Could you add the horizontal pull on the weapons recoil as well? Also could you include each weapons bullet velocity?