Infantry render distance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vibe, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Vibe

It's about time it gets a fix/change, no?
    • Up x 1
  2. QuantumMechanic

3. Stormlight666

Today i was in a Tech Plant turret and infantry kept disappearing/reappearing down below as they spawned in from a hidden sunderer. Thing is, when they disappeared as a canon round pounded where they were it never hit them. Very annoying.
  4. Brok9000

This is a very key problem with PS2. The should be able to fix this but I am surprised at how poorly this works at launch. This is 'known technology' kinda stuff.
  5. amega

fixit fixit fixit fixit fixit/:mad:
  6. Turiel =RL=

The render issue came with a certain "performance"-patch in Beta. I assume that framerate would go down massively if they make this change before upgrading everything to DX-11.
  7. Boris

Who said? Or are you just being optimistic?
  8. quicKsanD

I hope they have a fix working or coming for this soon. I don't care if I drop down to 15 FPS if I can see the enemy.
  9. NOX2097

10. Vibe

11. ComerEste87

It is getting a bit ridiculous. Whats the point of having huge battles if more than half of it doesn't render. Getting tired of being shot and sometimes killed by people because they haven't rendered on my screen yet. There was even one time in a huge battle, that I know I wasn't rendering to a group of people because I was in the middle of their group, firing on them, and they just kept running and looking around for what was shooting at them.

Also quite annoying with lock on missiles right now. Not only have there been times where every damn rocket I fire does no damage even though I see the rocket explode on the target, but now in big fights, when I go to lock onto an aircraft, if it starts to fly away, it will either vanish before I can lock onto it, or vanish after I have locked and fired. Either way the missile just goes trailing off into the distance.

I really wish they would put in a system to where a missile stays locked on its target, whether it de-renders or not, until it either hits it's target, the target out runs it enough to where the missile self destructs, or the target pulls a maneuver to make the missile over shoot.
  12. QuantumMechanic

It's awesome when the only enemies you ever see are tanks and Engineer turrets. Not.

It's been 5 weeks now since release, and not a single update / change / attempt at fixing or even just improving the infantry render distance?? Really?

This is becoming seriously disheartenting. Between this and the dwindling server populations, I'm not really motivated to play much anymore. 1 am pacific time tonight, and there's only a single US server at medium pop, all others are at low.
  13. iEatGlue

I complained about the infantry render distance before closed beta ended and all the unofficial responses were similar to "It will be fixed for launch, this is only a beta build." Now that we are in open beta, I can only hope they fix it with their miraculous January optimization patch.

I have not logged into the game much lately mostly due to this issue. If they don't fix it soon, they won't have to worry about trying to keep me, or people like me, around to support their game. As I've said to many people before: 64 vs 64 player battles in MAG felt bigger than the current PS2 battles.
  14. ComerEste87

Just tonight, camping right outside the NC warp gate on Waterson was a TR outfit platoon made up of Burster MAXs, Medics, and Engineers. They weren't rendering to us NC from the warp gate, but the moment we left the bubble we'd start getting hit, and we still couldn't see them. So they could see us and kill us and we couldn't return the favor. So friggin frustrating, as this is not the first time. I get killed by invisible enemies on a DAILY basis. Makes me not want to play and I'm sure I'm not the only one.