Sunderer Traction - Video

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockwave44, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Shockwave44

As you can see I spent the 300 useless certs for the traction and got nothing out of it. So I guess SOE got their money for Christmas and can just mess the game up now.
    • Up x 1
  2. XRIST0

Are you kidding ? are you trying to climb mount everest in your sunderer .. your trying to drive up an almost 90c angle .
  3. Shockwave44

Dude, watch the whole video. I tried climbing everything. And if that is how the upgraded traction is supposed to work, then I'm surprised the stock sunderer can make it up a 1 degree incline. Get it?

And even though its not even close to 90 degrees, it better damn well climb that hill for 300 certs. Otherwise, when else would I need to use it?
  4. Oubliette

Alright, first comment, that you think it was going to be all that special everywhere is kind of unfortunate. The performance boosts are only small bits. Think between 2 and 5% for level one, and not only 2 to 5% more for each level after that.

Next, since you went in third person, we couldn't see your speed. But when you started out, before the first hill, you were going faster. When you went up the hill, you were faster. When you slid, you stopped sooner. When you cleared the first somewhat high hill, a non-upgraded sundered probably would have slid much closer to the ledge or into the ravine that you avoided.

You'll have to go back, and compare it almost side by side by removing the performance upgrade and following the same path as close as possible. You will also want to watch the speed when you are doing the "tests".

Roughly, the rival chassis does not make you go up extremely steep hills much better, but makes you go uphill anywhere that the sundered normally goes up hills faster. So driving up a steep road which would normally slow you to 30kph will probably go somewhere around 45kph or better with the traction performance upgrades.

It is unfortunate that it didn't get you as much as you wanted and that everyone has to wonder if those cert points will be valuable at any reasonable time, but it is the way it is, and you did get what they offered.
  5. Shockwave44

I have the racer chassis maxed out and can beat lightnings up a hill so why would I need the rival chassis if the other one does more? Unless you can go off-roading where other vehicles can't, it is the most useless option for the sunderer. I mean I have the combat chassis 2 and I can't even tell if its working. All 3 slots together should only be worth 50 certs so no, I didn't get what they offered.
  6. dirtYbird

lol at the magmower that just casually flies over the hill with ease.
  7. Icenode

Request for new sunderer mountain grappeling cert to be called "Spider Monkey"!!! ;)
  8. TokyoShoe

I'm equally as concerned with the Sunderer and traction problems, but my concerns are when it is STATIONARY. If I park my Sunderer on a level surface and deploy it (S-AMS upgrade), why does it then slowly start to twist CLOCKWISE?
  9. Dovahkiin

1) You haven'y even maxed out the upgrade to level 3
    2) Y U EXPECT SO MUCH?!
    3) The Sunderer has wheels. Wheels are NOT good for traction. DERP!