I guess I am to newb for this game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Protential, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Protential

Well it seems like the general state of mind is that there are SEVERAL ways to combat an aircraft in this game.(Hint:These people are pilots trying to keep the developers from listening to the people who don't pilot and point out the issues. So in other words they are lying in hopes that they continue being able to destroy everything with no threat.

Can anyone post me a video of good air defense? Needing to fight the aircraft 5v1, or picking off poor pilots will not count.

I refuse to get in an aircraft to defend against them. 1. because I hate flight simulation, and 2. because its to hard to turn even with mouse sensitivity on max, and I feel like its cheating to bind 900 macros to do everything for me.

Why does 5 maxes not count, because 1 I doubt they get the kill anyways. And 2, you can kill ground units with greater armor in 1 hit, with no aiming or skill involved, so how is it fair it takes 10 guys just to scare one aircraft, and how do we think this is normal???

/boycot ps2. Be back in a few months to see what the games like, maybe, if I don't find something else I am satisfied with, might still come around to troll forums.

GG fella's have fun. I want to play a MMO-FPS, not a small scale, couple thousand player skill-less vehicle fest.

As bad as tank mines and **** seem, I love them because there IS an effective way to kill tanks so you don't just get over ran, and if you do get pissed off enough you can say you know what, I am going to kill ONE of you!!!

I don't even care that you can kill me instantly, I just want a CHANCE to kill you back. You should not be flying around in fairy land, with 100KDR no skill involved, and no threat to be killed.

If air is not OP, neither are hackers, let them stay also, at least we can get lucky and kill them.
  2. 13lackCats

If you boycott is successful, then SOE will fold, and nothing will be left to come back to. I never did understand economic violence.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavors!
    • Up x 1
  3. Protential

I am not asking anyone to do it with me, and I am sure I will crave some FPS now and again and come back for an hour or two randomly :( The game will go on, and eventually there will be just small groups ghost capping bases. A few air craft here and there, and enough people in the bio-lab to make it overcrowded and not fun to fight in. :(
  4. SavageB

Ive played ps1 for years and years, ive played PS2 since tech test. This vehicle spam bs is killing the game, I have maybe played 2-3 hours in the past 2 weeks, im sick of the game, it lacks so much its not even funny.
    • Up x 2
  5. 13lackCats

If you have that much experience, and you still haven't figured it out, then I support your decision to find another game.
  6. Eli

He's not the op. By the way, if you think the game is fine in its current state, I don't want to know what "fine" means for you.
  7. 13lackCats

Applies for him too.

Combined Arms is a challenge! There's no shame in not being cut-out for a sandbox game. That's what shoebox shooters are for.

If someone can't hack it, and more so, feels compelled to make excuses about it, then I support their decision to leave.
  8. Dasmasterneko

I am saving up for the anti-air rocket launcher. People might say it sucks but at least its SOMETHING i can use. Still its insanity that the rocket launcher cost 1000 certs while the stuff for the lib and planes are below 750. Counters should be cost effective.
  9. SavageB

Have you played PS1? Then you should know where I am coming from, If you have not, sorry to hear.
  10. fish998

Yup, I wish people would stop defending whatever OP thing they're currently exploiting the heck out of. In the long run it hurts the game and eventually you'll have no one to farm. TBH I would hope the devs would actually play the game, all classes, all vehicles and all factions, and make their own minds up on balance rather than paying too much attention to the forums.
  11. Protential

There is no challenge, there is no ability to win vs aircraft, you shoot them, they run, come back 10 seconds later...That is not fun. At least you can kill a tank during a tank zerg.

I do not want aircraft to get nerfed. I want to be able to kill them. Even if its a small chance...Keep on flying buddy, you are flying this game right in to the dirt, and when they finally do make it a fair fight, all of us infantry players will have already left so it will be to little to late.
  12. Protential

That's pretty much what I think everytime I read these threads, do the devs ever log on the game and try to play for more then 30seconds??

All you have to do is trial dual bursters, or trial the AA rockets, the game speaks for its self.

If you guys are somehow magically getting kills with AA rockets, please please show me how. Because once I fire the rocket its in gods hands, and it seems like god wants me to miss 98% of the time.
  13. Sinoby

That is interesting, you fail to fly in this game, where flying is easy, but you call flying it skill-less. And you still consider skill-less antitank mines reasonable, since YOU can kill someone with mines. Seems like you consider everything, that you can use skillful, while everything you can not use - OP.
    Here is a simple challenge - you rent rocketpods for 30 minutes and go out kill some AA maxes. One vs one will do. Then you come back and tell us, how it went. OK?
  14. Sinoby

Ground to air rockets are broken btw... I see it too, and they should be fixed, it's not intended to miss 50% of the time. But aa maxes are deadly to esf, if played right.
  15. 13lackCats

I never fly. I'm too used to WW2 flight simulators. One day I will I suppose.

I feel bad for you. I really do. My game is huge epic combined arms battles, where all weapons need each other to succeed. Your game appears to be getting killed over and over again by aircraft. If I were to compare the two experiences vs. the offering, I would say that you are doing something wrong.

The better I get with the annihilator, the more aircraft I'm shooting down. Combined with maxes, ground units can more than hold their own.

Anyway- weren't you leaving? Or are you already back to troll the forums, as you promised you would?
    • Up x 1
  16. Protential

I do not know how to macro my keys to automatically dodge all attacks, nor do I have the experience to try and manuever with the games original controls in the air, so I would just be the guy hovering infront of your tank getting blown up.

Do people not understand I do NOT want to use aircraft? I do not need to be in one to realize you can not kill them. And as an aircraft you do not try to rocket pod AA maxes, you kill everyone else, and if the max shoots you, land, repair, and continue ignoring him and killing everyone else.

Lets not try to create situations that make this look fair.

I do not like tank mines, they piss me off, and I do not use them, I kill tanks with rockets, but I appreciate people being able to kill tanks...I also can only kill aircraft with dumbfire rockets, and MBT's without AA weapons...Anything related to AA in this game is useless...A max with dual burster cant even beat an infiltrator with a knife. I refuse to be one dimensional, and still ineffective at killing. While you get to fly around doing what you want.

I have rented rocket pods several times, however I am so bored and dislike flying so much I always just use my aircraft as a rocket, I jump out and let it fall on my enemies...Lol

When I say I don't like aircraft, its like me telling you to go do something you do not have fun doing. I am not going to do it :)
  17. Protential

Again I stress, my problem is not me being farmed by aircraft, its the lack of the ability to kill them. EVERYONE else in the game can kill EVERYTHING else in the game. Why should Air be exempt?? Oh let me guess you will ignore this post because there is no logical reason.

Again I ask, post videos of you killing an aircraft with an AA rocket, or with a Max...Hell post a video of you hitting an aircraft more then 20% of the time with a lock on rocket and I will be impressed. Oh let me guess you don't want to prove anything to a loser like me, but you have no problem arguing with me for hours about it, just wont post the video because that would somehow, make you less of a person.
    • Up x 2
  18. Sinoby

I see, you are just trolling... *moves along*
  19. Protential

Exactly what I thought. Use that post as a reason to avoid the next one, because even in your super advanced brain you can not fing logical answers to the question.

How am I trolling? Respond to this, or you sir, are the troll...And the more you guys avoid these questions, the more obvious it becomes, you are all just skill-less pilots.

Again I stress, my problem is not me being farmed by aircraft, its the lack of the ability to kill them. EVERYONE else in the game can kill EVERYTHING else in the game. Why should Air be exempt?? Oh let me guess you will ignore this post because there is no logical reason.

Again I ask, post videos of you killing an aircraft with an AA rocket, or with a Max...Hell post a video of you hitting an aircraft more then 20% of the time with a lock on rocket and I will be impressed. Oh let me guess you don't want to prove anything to a loser like me, but you have no problem arguing with me for hours about it, just wont post the video because that would somehow, make you less of a person.
  20. Dark_Horst

the problem is NOT that vehicles and aircraft are overpowered. the problem is that bases are not defensible and way too open to them. vehicles and planes are meant to rule the open landscape, which they do quite nicely. they are hwoever NOT meant to buttrape every base, which, sadly, is what they do quite nicely too. this is the point they have to fix. base design. not vehicles
    • Up x 3