i would love to see a basilisk engi turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Tapioca Express, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Tapioca Express

like a cert or something that allows us to swap out out mana turret for a deploy-able single barrel basilisk like the one mounted on the flash. I mean that normal mana turret is nice for killing infantry due to its sniper like accuracy, but i think being able to plink at liberators and tank butts all day would be even more fun.

Either that or give us a deploy-able saron hrb, but thats just wishful thinking.
  2. Radian12

I would like to have Mini Saron HRB aceo turret :)
  3. KoooZ

I'd love the M60 bulldog thing, 6 round grenade lobbing for a turret. I'd never leave the engineer class again.
    • Up x 1
  4. SkepticJerry

Yes, but can well kill the glowy shield? It's a big 'shoot me' beacon.
  5. EvadableMoxie

Definitely agree we need some versatility. I don't really like the turret much because it's visible from so far way, it's basically a SHOOT HERE signal flare. I find I can kill more infantry from being concealment rather than lighting myself up like a Christmas tree so I get a tank shot or sniper bullet to the face. If I had an option against tanks or aircraft though, then it would be different, because it would be risk/reward. But as is, why open myself up in order to deploy an infantry killing device, when my gun kills infantry just fine already?
  6. TokyoShoe

There are usually only two circumstances that I get kills with my turret:

- I can set up around the corner from where the enemy will be funneling in, so they never see it until it is too late.
    - I find some convenient bushes on certain parts of Indar (or anywhere on Amerish) and set the turret up right in the middle of the bushes. This screws with MY visibility some yes, but it also hits the SHOOT ME BEACON.

I would LOVE to have different 'options' of turret types that I had to choose from, picking only one to take with me at any time. Bulldog style turret with limited clip size instead of cooldown, allowing me to do some arching AE shots that would have slightly less precision than the normal MANA turret. Perhaps a more 'Anti-vehicle' that does considerably lower damage to infantry. I think even a pulse vehicle repair beacon (similar to the Sunderer's Vehicle Repair attachment) would be awesome as well. We sacrifice damage output in turret mode in order to put ourselves into an even MORE supportive role (plus if it did low percentage pulses like the Sunderer's option, it wouldn't be as powerful and unbalancing as a "Super Repair Gun Turret").

Give us some options that force us to CHOSE, so we don't always have the right turret for the right situation. This would really break out the versatility some.