[Suggestion] Not So Friendly Fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigPickle, Dec 25, 2012.

1. BigPickle

Please Turn it off, 70% of my deaths are from FF. With this many people involved in a game at one time I think FF being on is quite honestly just a pain in the ***. I'm all for realism believe me but no matter how careful I try to be others will not care and it gets very old very fast. I'm guilty of it too at times by accident, but also at the moment it also leads to stat padding and I've seen hundreds of players padding relentlessly.
    I'm sure they'll be lots of people who want it left on, I'm a big advocate of FF but in these circumstances I have to say please turn off FF, its just not practical with the scale of PS2 and the amount of players involved.
  2. 13lackCats

70%? wow.

You're doing something very, very, wrong.
  3. Uben Qui

FF will never be turned off. It is an integral part of the game.
  4. Tasogie

I've been tked 69 times in last 5 days, today 8 times from the one person in a row. He was camping in the spawn room. Till I killed him 5 times in a row an he logged off. the griefers are dogs an need to be killed on sight. Sadly you can report them all day an SOE dont do anything. So just deal with them yourself like I do_On Briggs some of them work with high level players on your side. They get them to kill you after you kill the griefer. Then they both report you.

But FF should stay in game. The vast majority of players try not to TK each other. Sadly though the weapon lock ruleset is massively broken. Either way FF should stay, it would be moronic to be blasting people with rocket launchers an they dont take a scratch.
  5. Aghar30

stop running in trying to get kills before everyone else, work as a team, strafe to get angles and realize that if you killed by frindly fire its probably your own fault, not always but more often than not when i die to FF its my own damn fault.
  6. Meiu

Post a screenshot of your deaths pie chart to prove that 70%, otherwise I hazard a guess that you are shooting off hyperbole in a fit of rage?
  7. Kursk

Yep, let's further invalidate large infantry battles by turning off FF and allowing rocket pods, Zephers and tank HE cannons to be spammed into infantry without fear of anything but too many kill streaks.

Good call buddy.
  8. KoooZ

Turn off FF and make shooting friendlies bounce them ~25m per bullet. FUN TIMES ALL AROUND
  9. Akrasjel

10. Ileko

Post the pie chart on your deaths window at the profile section, I want to see if it's even 10%, which I doubt.
  11. Rentago

friendly fire is necessary to teach bad players to stop being bad.

I think however the friendly fire punishment system blows, it only tells you

"HEY WE ARE WARNING YOU TO STOP!"

"QUIT IT WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THESE MESSAGES!"

"PLEASE STOP WERE BEGGING YOU"

I liked the old system of racking up "grief" points where when you reach certain numbers you get locked out of shooting weapons, then you can't drive vehicles fast enough to run people over, then you can't log on for 24 hours and if you keep doing it right after you can come back on you get kicked off for 3 days.
  12. Nonesuch

Other FPS games really are ruining people, none of them seem to have friendly fire anymore or it can be turned off which all servers seem to do. I was excited for it in battlefield 3 but unless you're playing on a Hardcore server you'll never see it.

Friendly Fire is super important part of the game and if you removed it you'd be just promoting some really bad gameplay.