AutoHotKey and anti-cheat

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fugly, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Fugly

Dear SOE anti-cheat team,

Will you take any action against a player running the AutoHotKey program?

I want to use a simple 2-line script via a program program called AutoHotKey. The script will allow me to mute my speakers while pressing down the push-to-talk hotkey in-game. This eliminates the speaker echo and feedback from my microphone. I would gladly use a gaming headset for in-game VOIP, but I've yet to find one that is comfortable and doesn't cause pain and headaches due to my eyeglass frames.

I have done this with many other PC games with no problems. Valve's anti-cheat protected games allow the use of AutoHotKey, however punkbuster protected titles kick players until they deactivate the program (no bans). What is your stance on running this application alongside Planetside 2?
  2. Lord Gentlecrab

Bump

I too would like to know Sony's position on this matter cause I would like to use keypresser.
  3. Jack the Smack

If you're using teamspeak, do this.

Create a new Playback profile called "Receiving zero". Then make that profile the same as your Default profile, except make the Voice Volume Adjustment slider all the way on the left.

Then, create a new Hotkey binding where On Key Down it switched to the Receiving Zero profile, and then another one where On Key Up it switches to the default. Make these the same buttons as your push to talk.

You can have these Hotkey settings on a separate Hotkey profile so you can toggle this feature on and off.

Edit: You could also make it so the slider isn't all the way, so it just reduces the volume of other people, not completely mute.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yazmo

hello is autohotkey is going to be allowed we need to know before axctionis taken if not
    i have g9 mouse i did some macro to it let us know
  5. Yazmo

they never reply to this post how come
  6. RAS

try twitter it seems all the cool devs post there and are above simply forum posting
  7. TokyoShoe

This set of instructions is EXACTLY what I have been searching for in regards to Teamspeak tweaks. Thank you SO MUCH.
  8. Raidin

I recommend the G930 wireless headset from Logitech. I use it with my eyeglass frame and it doesn't bother me at all. Give it a shot, they're really good too. Three macro buttons, automatic mic mute by moving up the mic, noise-cancelling, 7.1 surround sound, etc.
  9. DonnyD.

As long as the macros follow the general rule of one button = one press these are fine. The only concern with macro software is generally macros that make decisions (if/then) especially anything that samples the framebuffer for pixel colors, but none of the logitech software does this.
    Twist, Dec 2, 2012 Report
    Handy, I posted this in another AHK thread. Take from it what you will but this is a PM reply about 3rd party software and macros. Specifically about scripted macros such as the auto run script I am using.
  10. Zethar

I´m curious about this myself. I´m interested in just making a harmless Outfit recruitment macro with a few lines of /Platoonsay when we are running with pubs. Don´t fancy getting banned for something like that tbh.
  11. C4Chaos42

Autohotkey is too abused, I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the blacklist of programs.
  12. Hydragarium

As has been mentioned ad nauseum by now - 1:1 macros are fine in general. But making macros that perform several distinct different actions in sequence are not.

This means a simple chat macro is generally accepted - as long as it is only one chat message.
  13. Cypheir

I would love to see what evidence you have to back this claim up... kinda sounds like you pulled it outta your *** 'cause good players kill you too often, and it makes you mad and you want to blame something. I can't count how many times myself or other players have been called hackers, simply for the fact that we kill them better than they kill us, we revel in it actually, a true compliment.

I use AHK for just about everything since most games wont let you bind certain keys in certain ways, or because my peripherals have keys not properly recognized by most in game binding options.

I don't use it to cheat or modify my shooting in any way... and I would argue that most people who want to use AHK to cheat probably can't even figure out how to cheat with it (evidence for this is on the AHK forums).

Leave it alone, there are plenty of reasons to use this application that are not nefarious. In fact, banning for this will annoy a ******** of legitimate users, who do no harm to the PS2 community.
  14. Stromberg

you do realise this thread was 1 year old?